News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Wood-Folk Names

Started by SmartyPants, March 15, 2010, 09:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

The Folk-of-the-Woods speak in broken english and named a dangerous plant species "Tig".

What would be fun names for the Wood-Folk?

Zackirus

Instead of us making names already why not instead make a poll to see wiether or not people want to name all the Wood-Folk Gelfs or Not
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

Well, so far there is Gelf Shepperd, Gelf Tree Friend, Gelf Shop and a few others. ;)
Potentially, you might see those names if the collab mission gets into TSoG.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Strange Wood-Folk Names:
*Chata
*Innu
*Entana
*Freya
*Aduke

Quote from: KZ on March 16, 2010, 06:15:48 PM
Well, so far there is Gelf Shepperd, Gelf Tree Friend, Gelf Shop and a few others. ;)
Potentially, you might see those names if the collab mission gets into TSoG.
So the Wood-Folk are like one big family who share a name and to distinguish one another, they call one another by their second name? Like calling Gelf Shepperd "Shepperd"?

KZ

To a degree yes, they can definitely distingush each other and don't simply call each other Gelf. I just didn't want to give away the specifics of how they do it, but you're very close to it.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

Does that leave room form Gelf The Wise, Gelf The Great, And Gelf The Reaper :P
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

Certainly, though I doubt the last one will be making an appearance anytime soon! :P
But you got the gist of it. ;)
Welcome to the forums!

Dorgon 5000

I like Trull, Malful and Blueby.

WeBing

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 16, 2010, 06:32:02 PM
Strange Wood-Folk Names:
*Chata
*Innu
*Entana
*Freya
*Aduke

You use soft sounds for Chata, Innu, and Freya (which aren't original names anyways...), but in Entana you have to pause a little after the 'en', and the 't' needs to be pronounced as a cross between a t and d, like 'Endāna'.

And Aduke is too sharp.

fractals mmmm

SmartyPants

*Sagan
*Nevaeh
*Aneeka
*Rizi
*Tes
*Loewen
*Sora
*Cec

Dorgon 5000

Cypher

These names remind me of Avatar. :D

Dorgon 5000

Quote from: cypher27 on July 24, 2010, 03:55:13 AM
These names remind me of Avatar. :D

Well... I haven´t seen that movie, so I don´t know what kind of names they have in it.