News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Attacks For Enemies

Started by Zhampir, March 16, 2010, 03:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhampir

The following stems off of the Juxtapose thread:

Thoughts on possible names:
1. Possess: this isn't a good name, because possession implies the body can be returned. Since the attack utilizes soul suck the victim is likely damaged and destroyed because this is used on a weakened enemy. Thereby effectively killing them.
2. Transference: as this name pretty much perfectly describes what goes on (the transfer of the attacker's health, attack, and soul into the victim) is quite simply not flashy enough. I.e. it is an extremely boring name.
3. Infect: my reasoning here is the same as transference.
4. Dominate: slightly flashier, I think.

Thoughts on the attack:
As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, the attack will and should likely kill the target, the damage is basically done to the soul of the victim (which becomes the once attacker's body), thereby effectively killing them and preventing them from taking control of the boss's body (also as discussed on other topics this avoids explaining, mid battle, how a spirit cannot control themselves at first)

Another point that I must make is the transference of the attacker's attack that allows him to transfer. Also what attacks should be retained in the new body. I think any of the teammates more basic attacks (besides Cryo Cross and other cold attacks) should be removed from the once teammate's list of attacks. They should be left with attacks that don't cost any psp, as the enemy wasn't actually trained in the use of the attack. I say this merely to avoid the question of "what happens if your teammate had 8 attacks?"

I was wondering how this attack could be used on Luca, and perhaps she should be the only character immune to such a devastating attack?

Also it should be discussed what stats are actually transferred. Is it just the health or does this include the PSP reserves? Or perhaps the actual power, psy power, speed, and psy defense are transferred? I would just prefer to transfer the health and PSP, because the body isn't changed (including the mind, on this note, the learned attacks should be transferred) just the soul.

I completely support this attack, however, and I would love to see it implemented. It would most certainly provide a very challenging battle with much strategy not matter how uber-trained the team is. To make it more challenging, the Newly formed enemy could simply be fully healed or have the health transferred (whichever value is higher at that moment)

KZ

Seems that there is a niche for adding on attacks to existing/proposed enemies as well, so if you have an attack, say for a boss, or simply an attack for existing/still discussed unit, here is the place to post your thoughts!
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

cyso

Would the ghost boss be in a crypt and be an optional fight, or would the ghost boss be a mandatory battle, like Ilbis?
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Presentiment

The poison from the Scorpion's Stinger is near-useless. Perhaps have to remove 3 Strength/Psy Power for 2 turns, with a stack of 2.

That way, it heavily incapacitates a target; Telepath team battles are usually over in a few turns.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Presentiment on March 18, 2010, 06:45:33 PM
The poison from the Scorpion's Stinger is near-useless. Perhaps have to remove 3 Strength/Psy Power for 2 turns, with a stack of 2.

That way, it heavily incapacitates a target; Telepath team battles are usually over in a few turns.
They have only been useless, because of the battles with them.  The scorpions are outnumbered or they are fighting an opponent who doesn't use strength. In TPA2, the poison makes a difference.

KZ

Indeed, im2smart4u is very right, the Scorpions can be a damn nuisance, especially when there is more than one of them and when your major attacking power comes from strength-based teammates. 1 strength reduction is more than enough to make several battles rather hard. The power of the attack is especially evident when the Scorpions are not eliminated early on in the battle and manage to strike the troops several times.

The ghost, yogc, is just a concept for now, if it's ever used, it probably will be an optional boss, methinks.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

bugfartboy

New idea!
Grenade:Really just an explosive substance hurled at an enemy.

Range:3 in a + shape
Users: Maybe a *cough* flame *cough cough* golem could use this as a unique attack.

SmartyPants

Bugfartboy's thought process, "Everyone hated my Grenade idea in New Enemy Ideas, so how about I suggest it again, but now I will do it in a topic that no one has read in 7 months."

Duskling

Quote from: im2smart4u on October 20, 2010, 12:29:06 AM
Bugfartboy's thought process, "Everyone hated my Grenade idea in New Enemy Ideas, so how about I suggest it again, but now I will do it in a topic that no one has read in 7 months."
Erm... now I think you're starting to try to hurt people, im2smart4u, just let him suggest what he wants and think what he wants to think, what's you're problem with that?

bugfartboy

I never saw a yay or nay from you on it so shush unless it's a thought. In fact, I didn't see many people say anything on it. Chrono was the only one really.

The Holy namelesskitty

ok, here's one that could apply to some enemys, although it might be difficult to make them use it effectively:

Pounce: whatever enemy this could be used for, the name and explanation could be adjusted accordingly

Damage: around 10-12 (i'm not quite sure yet)

visual: A=ally, O=empty, E=attacking enemy, X=effected area

before attack

OOOOO
OOAOO
OOOOO
OOEOO

during attack

OOOOO
OOXOO
OOEOO
OOOOO

after attack

OOOOO
OOAOO
OOEOO
OOOOO

Explaination: the enemy (originally sand cat (rejected enemy)) pounces and attacks the target with something (originally claws) while moving one square forward.

Other: this was an idea for my proposed enemy early on, but then I realized that it could be applied to other enemies (possibly scorpions) although it might be difficult for enemies to use well.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Idozen Cair

Put it on whatever enemy you want.

Impair
Range: 1 in front
Damage: 15
Effect: Randomly removes a skill from the target
I doesn't care, do I?

Idozen Cair

I've come up with 'supreme' elemental attacks that can be put both on enemies and characters.

Pyro: Fire Gate
Light: Holy Blast
(these are existing ones)

Cryo: Freeze
Range: 2
Damage: None
Effect: Puts target out of play, but remains on the battlefield as a piece of ice (obstacle) that can be leapt on.

Shadow: Blind
Range: 2
Damage: 10
Effect: 1. Making the tile the target is on and the target become black
          2. Rendering target immobile for one turn
          3. Resets the direction the target is facing
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

No. Please don't suggest attacks that:

1) Don't have an explanation as to how they work
2) Mess with the enemy AI (programming)
and
3) Mess with skills.

PS There is a way to modify your post if you have more to add at a later moment but no one has posted after you. Please fix your double post.

HeadShot

This move is just a not-so-epic move. Just Regular.

Light: Charge Beam
Range: 1-3
Damage: 12
Effect: No effect other than damage.
My head got shot up once. And I lived and my head Remained.....