News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Shadowling Healer Teammate

Started by SmartyPants, March 19, 2010, 09:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want a Shadowling Healer Teammate?

Definitely
6 (28.6%)
Yes
3 (14.3%)
Maybe
6 (28.6%)
No
4 (19%)
Hell No
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

KZ

Can those who voted "no" and "hell no" give their side of the argument? 'Cause so far it seems the vast majority are either for it, or don't mind having a new healer present on the team.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Quote from: CraigStern on March 20, 2010, 01:51:13 PM
I might include one. So far, I've limited it to just one healer partly to give the player a good tactical reason to specialize in shields.
Did you vote "Yes" or "Maybe"?

MikeW781

That sounds like a no. I voted no because I agree with his reason- having only one healer forces the player to heal his allies using the Main. In TRPG2, I never healed with the Main, because the game was easier, Jack could heal others and himself, and Festus was much better at it. He naturally had more shields, and more moves, so he outclassed the main easily.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

SmartyPants

To me, it sounds like Criag wants the player to upgrade Duvalier's shields early in the game.  Having another healer later in the game won't interfere with the attacks Duvalier already learned.

I think we should be able to choose between a Shadowling Healer or an offensive class(Spriggat or Shadowling Guardian)?  Based on how one trains Duvalier, they can choose between healing or offensive teammates.

MikeW781

Quote from: im2smart4u on August 04, 2010, 12:24:12 PM
I think we should be able to choose between a Shadowling Healer or an offensive class(Spriggat or Shadowling Guardian)?  Based on how one trains Duvalier, they can choose between healing or offensive teammates.
This sounds like a good idea. Depending on its implementation, it could provide an ample opportunity to make important, in game choices. However, I do think this would be harmful to people who chose healing, shadow affinity, and fire affinity as they would essentially have a duplicate on their team.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

randy295

i voted  Definitely   because i would like to see  a shadowling healer teammate

ArtDrake

I voted "No" because I simply don't see the need for another healer. While others might, I simply don't. I play Brutal, start with 6 Att. and Def., with friendly fire on, and no one dies. The hardest battle is the second ghost battle, but after training becomes an option, which is when a shadowling healer might join the team, the battles are quite simple. While for the plot's sake, I might like to see another shadowling as a refugee from the Cult, with a backstory and many dialogue options, I think a second healer is redundant.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on December 20, 2010, 12:48:32 PM
I voted "No" because I simply don't see the need for another healer. The hardest battle is the second ghost battle, but after training becomes an option, which is when a shadowling healer might join the team, the battles are quite simple.
Well Duckling, not everyone wants to gold farm their troops into super soldiers who each can take a dozen hits without dieing.

I would like to see a second healer, because in TRPG2, it twice as difficult to defeat the Shadowling Queen without both Anya and Festus.  As the bosses become harder, the need for a second healer will be more apparent.