News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Mounteds Guardsmen and Glares

Started by Zackirus, March 20, 2010, 09:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wold you Like to See These Units in the Game

I want to see them both
I'd go with the Guardsmen but Not the Glare
I'd go with the Glare but Not the Guardsmen
I would like to see them but they need some tweaking
No I don't like them

Zackirus

Mounted Guardsmen

The Guardsmen of Rubat (or any or place) have been training Glares so that they could ride on. After many generation of breeding and interaction between Humans, these Glares now let's humans mount and ride them.

Health: 30
Speed: 4
PsP: 0
Attacks: Melee (Range 1, Cost 0, Attack 14) Counter Attack (Range 1, Cost 0, Attack 14)
Immunity: None
Resistance: None

Glare

It is a sort of Sand Spider. It is as highly smooth and polished hooves (like that of a horse) but it is more square based, sort of like the shadow bug but these bugs are different in nature. They do not work together or have a queen; they simply act as lone predators, sort of like The great white shark. They only way you could get these animals to attack you would be to find one in the desert and you provoke it or it has been order to attack you by its owner.

The Bug can move so quickly over terrain is its weight is distributed evenly throughout its body, and it is very light, only 80 pounds. However a lot of that weight is muscle in its legs and back, so it can carry people and still move fast.

Glare
Health: 20
Speed: 4
PsP: 0
Attacks: Melee (Range 1, Cost 0, Attack: 10)
Immunity: None
Resistance: None
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

torugo

the glare idea i will go with just give it a little more health because if it gets health like that it will be easy to kill
mock the pheonix you will burn

MikeW781

Sorry to get on the bandwagon late, theres a message above the reply box reading "Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days."
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic."
But I like the ideas, even though the poll is broken

Also, it made me think of this:
Quote from: im2smart4u on June 06, 2010, 10:35:13 AM
Speed should never be 5, and should rarely be 4.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

SmartyPants

If the poll wasn't taken down, then you would notice that you and Zackirus were the only ones who liked the Glares.

MikeW781

You don't need to always agree with an idea, but I have yet to see you give consructive criticism. You just shut down ideas, giving vague reasons, instead of actually helping make the ideas better.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Cypher

@im2smart4u: You should never neglect ideas, at least not before trying to modify and enhance them.

SmartyPants

Read the New Enemy Ideas.
Quote from: Zackirus on March 24, 2010, 04:22:35 PM
What I wanted was instructive critism, but sadly nobody as given me that oh well
Quote from: KZ on March 25, 2010, 10:41:44 AM
Well, Zackirus, people have voiced their opinions- in terms of poll, and if someone doesn't like the idea at all, hardly any contructive criticism will follow.

If I don't like the foundation, then why would I wan't to build a house on it?

Cypher

Why don't you like the idea? (I'm not saying I like it either, but it's not a horrible idea.)

Ertxiem

I liked the idea. It might be necessary to change the stats a bit to make it different from the other units (I'm sorry for not suggesting anything specific).
However, having an army of Mounted Guardsmen or Glares (sand spiders) might be too much. Perhaps some captains having Glares might be enough. In that case, health and the attack could be increased. And a second attack could be created, like entanglement, that would reduce movement to 0 to one of our units for 1 turn (if it's not too hard to encode). Another option would be web, an obstacle similar to the solid state shield (but I think that would be really hard to make the AI place the webs in "good" places).
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Ryaad

cool idea though definitly increase the glares health i deal that much damage when i sneeze XD
Cyro? My bread and butter.

Dorgon 5000

I love the glare idea. Good to have a very offensive enemy.

Idozen Cair

Quote from: im2smart4u on July 27, 2010, 01:32:35 PM
Read the New Enemy Ideas.
Quote from: Zackirus on March 24, 2010, 04:22:35 PM
What I wanted was instructive critism, but sadly nobody as given me that oh well
Quote from: KZ on March 25, 2010, 10:41:44 AM
Well, Zackirus, people have voiced their opinions- in terms of poll, and if someone doesn't like the idea at all, hardly any contructive criticism will follow.

If I don't like the foundation, then why would I wan't to build a house on it?
If you don't like the foundation, why not make it better so you can build a house on it? Don't give problems without solutions, old pal.
I doesn't care, do I?

SmartyPants

This topic should have been dead long ago, but The Grotesquery felt the urge to post in every old topic he could.
Since this topic was forced to return to view, I have to catch up the noobs on important info.  The poll results showed that a vast majority of the forumers were strongly opposed to the Glares, so Zackirus hid the poll results from view, so the major distaste of his suggestions wouldn't be common knowledge.

Zackirus

I admit that I rested the poll and that I locked it, but only since no-one was going to post in here anmore, I thought that this topic was dead anyways. Here then, thread locked.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada