The Sinister Design Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 64

Author Topic: New attacks for teammates  (Read 175763 times)

Zackirus

• Black Cape
  • Oh Canada!
    • View Profile
Re: New attacks for teammates
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2010, 11:44:50 AM »

I was referring And I Like all of those attack ideas, we just need to put them into format and ask the community wiether they support them or Not
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

MikeW781

• Black Cape
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2010, 05:13:22 PM »

we shouldn't forget new attacks for Griffin
he needs some sort of defense attack where he can take damage for other people
like, he casts it on somebody and for three turns he takes damage instead of the person reciving it
i mean, he has the Gift, and so far he's only used it to swing really hard (slash and double strike) or twirl his sword behind him (backhand)
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Presentiment

• Blue Cape
  • Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2010, 07:47:48 PM »

if they're falling and we have an aerial view shouldn't they start big and decrease in size?

Oops, that's what I meant. Or at least was thinking about before typing.

KZ

• Global Moderator
  • White Cape
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2010, 01:19:28 PM »

Well, at least the idea of Rahel having a range 4 attack got in: Craig just said that trueshaft is a sniping attack with extra power (10 PsP cost though).

Who esle have we left out in general discussion so far?
Do you reckon Set has enough attacks? (Pacifist he may be, but I'd love for him to get at least a quasi-offensive attack, like Feedback. Though I highly doubt that will happen.)

For the potential Red Spriggat, I think having the two Heat shields might be a logical addition, since Grotius had the Frost Shield.

I agree that Griffin should have another attack, an area attack preferably.

Would everyone agree that it would be nice to have Arman equipped with a Desert Scorpion poison stab-style attack? (Get -1 to the enemy's strength.) Could be used with great efficiency against the enemy, and shouldn't require tinkering with the enemy AI. (If all agree, I'll add it to formulated.) What do you reckon the cost should be?

Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

• Black Cape
  • Oh Canada!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2010, 01:24:25 PM »

Around 6-10 because if your taking out one strength that's pretty big, and it is an attack from arman (whose attacks either use to much or too little PsP) so it makes somewhat balanced.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

• Global Moderator
  • White Cape
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2010, 01:26:51 PM »

Indeed, that sounds reasonable- for it not to be overused, but still available, if it's just Stab+poison, then how about 6?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

• Black Cape
  • Oh Canada!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2010, 01:34:51 PM »

Seven sounds more fair don't you think.

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

• White Cape
    • View Profile
    • -----
« Reply #142 on: March 23, 2010, 02:35:58 PM »

Do you reckon Set has enough attacks? (Pacifist he may be, but I'd love for him to get at least a quasi-offensive attack, like Feedback. Though I highly doubt that will happen.)
He has more attack then any other ally.  If you want a healer who can attack, then you should have a Shadowling Healer.

For the potential Red Spriggat, I think having the two Heat shields might be a logical addition, since Grotius had the Frost Shield.
That would be a dissadvantage for those who picked the heat element for the Hero.  Hero's with non-Heat elements would be able to give two types of resistance, while the Heat Hero will only be able to give one.

Would everyone agree that it would be nice to have Arman equipped with a Desert Scorpion poison stab-style attack? (Get -1 to the enemy's strength.) Could be used with great efficiency against the enemy, and shouldn't require tinkering with the enemy AI. (If all agree, I'll add it to formulated.) What do you reckon the cost should be?
I would like it if you can think of a better name then "Desert Scorpion poison stab-style attack".

MikeW781

• Black Cape
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2010, 03:13:30 PM »

the idea of Arman having a debuff attack sounds good
how about "Poison Strike (or Blow)"
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Zhampir

• Black Cape
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2010, 04:50:45 PM »

or quite simply Poison, the descriptive name can be applied in the description when he learns the attack.

Presentiment

• Blue Cape
  • Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2010, 07:38:11 PM »

I would like it if you can think of a better name then "Desert Scorpion poison stab-style attack".
[/quote]

1 strength is usually not that much to subtract from an enemy; it is usually much more efficient to just outright own them with Mega Stab.

KZ

• Global Moderator
  • White Cape
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2010, 08:36:44 AM »

That depends on how much cheaper the poison attack is, and how effective mega stab is- if it can knock out the enemy in one turn- go for it, otherwise reduce the enemy's damage and keep going at him for several turns. Forget not what you said yourself of the significance of 1 damage difference over time- plus, the attack can be used more than once. If it's kept within the 6-7 range, then I think it might be worth going for it twice, then go for one Mega Stab, run out of PsP, and resort to Knife to kill the boss off.

"Poison Strike" or "Poison Stab" sounds reasonable. Anyone else have other suggestions?
Welcome to the forums!

Zackirus

• Black Cape
  • Oh Canada!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2010, 09:12:47 AM »

I Like "Tainted Stirke" personally and I would go with "Poison Strike" if the descision comes to that

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

• White Cape
    • View Profile
    • -----
« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2010, 02:01:24 PM »

I like Poison Strike and Poison Stab is a close second.

cyso

• Blue Cape
  • In Christ alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2010, 05:08:56 PM »

I like poison stab and poison strike second, but it doesn't matter that much to me. Back to the area attacks, I like the shadow star attack better than the previous one.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 64