News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Quote from: KZ on September 06, 2010, 12:36:35 PM

Shadowling Shadow: I think it's too close to Solid State Shield and the extra teammates brought on by Gelf (if that makes it in)- thus that might not be ideal, but a moving decoy is an interesting idea nevertheless.
I was thinking along the lines of it having very low health, low damage and on a timer so, instead of the timer saying how long it's survived, it would say how long it has left.

SmartyPants

For arrow storm, can all those who voted, vote again, as the area of the attack has been re-suggested many a time. Myself, I would support an attack of about 5 tiles, but it has to be animated in a plausible fashion, and then, how can you explain Rahel being so fast (the Gift?), etc!
I don't think the animating is possible and I don't think the attack is necessary. Nay.

Ert: I believe the double Slash has been suggested before (the praying mantis), but I think it was ultimately rejected for Griffin, with people instead wanting him to have Whirlwind.
Twin Slash would be okay for a boss, but lets stick with Slash and Whirlwind for Griffin. Nay.

Shadowling Shadow: I think it's too close to Solid State Shield and the extra teammates brought on by Gelf (if that makes it in)- thus that might not be ideal, but a moving decoy is an interesting idea nevertheless.
Shadow clones? Really? Nay!

Zackirus

Arrow Storm: Yay

Twin Slash: Nay

Shadowling Clone: Nay
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

ArtDrake

SmartyPants

Quote from: Ertxiem on September 04, 2010, 07:40:47 PMI recall a suggestion of (arrow rain?) an arrow area attack x shaped, hitting 5 squares simultaneously.
OXOXO
OOXOO
OXOXO
OOOOO
OOROO

What do you think about it?
How does she shoot two arrows farther then she can shoot one at a time?

ArtDrake

Because arrows that have had the Gift used up them are super-sensitive to megnetism, and leap towards the poles of the earth. Do you have a better explanation?

The Holy namelesskitty

because it is less accurate, which is why she shoots two, she can shoot one that far, but she doesn't risk it.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on September 06, 2010, 01:15:01 PM
Because arrows that have had the Gift used up them are super-sensitive to megnetism, and leap towards the poles of the earth. Do you have a better explanation?
What if she shoots east or west?

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on September 06, 2010, 01:16:34 PM
because it is less accurate, which is why she shoots two, she can shoot one that far, but she doesn't risk it.
But won't it hit the same squares every time?  Doesn't that mean she shoot five arrows accruately, but unable to shoot one arrow accruately?

The Holy namelesskitty

No, she knows tha they will branch so she shoots them straight and next to each other but aims at the center.

KZ

Ok, "Twin Slash" and "Shadow Clones" got 1/5 and 0/4 support, so methinks they shall be dropped for now.
(Voted nay in both cases- twin slash might be good for an animal, not for griffin. Shadow Clones will likely require tampering with the code and there are attacks which are pretty similar.)

Arrow Storm: I am still not decicded until a viable explanation is given to the attack.
I can see the attack coming in two waves, but not three- that's just too much to do in one turn, methinks.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on September 06, 2010, 01:30:10 PM
No, she knows tha they will branch so she shoots them straight and next to each other but aims at the center.
That makes no sense.

Quote from: Duckling on September 06, 2010, 01:39:30 PM
QuoteNo problem, arguing is one of my favorite things to do
Then you should should have lots of fun with im2smart4u
He argues a lot. I present this statement neither as a compliment nor a detriment to his/her moral character.
I know you guys obsess over me, but lets try to keep the conversation about "New attacks for teammates".

KZ

Mmm, so far I am not convinced by the explanation, sorry! Maybe change the attack area somehow?

OK, im2smart4u- removed the irrelevant posts. I kinldly ask no one else to comment on that second part of the statement. Thank you.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

The Holy namelesskitty

It does, she has a double stringed bow, and can tilt arrows just slightly so that they hook in opposite directions.

KZ

So, she fires arrow simultaneously, but in different directions?
She has a single string on her bow, actually.

The only way I see it working is that if the attack area is changes such that it is a composite of 2 attacks which she already knows- this way, she might be able to use the Gift to simply perform two attacks very fast- like Griffin with 2 melee attacks making Double Strike.
Welcome to the forums!

ArtDrake

I was this close to commenting on that.  Sorry about the off-topic posts you had to remove.

Now that she has greater prerequisite stats for the move, she can shoot farther. Is this explanation satisfactory?