News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jak 123x2

I think there should be moves that involve attacks that involve a fuision of both psy and melee or even psy and ranged like a move like this

Move: psy air cutter

person: griffin

range: 1-2

cost: 6

Duskling

Welcome to the forums, jak 123x2, use proper grammar, punctuation, play the games, follow the rules, share your ideas, and enjoy your stay! On a more related topic, this is where we post the attacks that have already been agreed on, this is where we post ideas.

SmartyPants

I don't think Griffin should have a ranged attack.  Range attacks are for bowmen, spearmen, and knife throwers.  All other weapon users should only be able to attack one's immediate area.

Bromtaghon

I agree, 'Psy Air Cutter' is pretty much the same as impale.  While I see that identical attacks are perfectly legal (Thresh/Melee, Crossbow/Bow, etc) I think we should leave that to the Spearman (Imaple.)
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

KZ

I'll third that: Griffin may be better off with a greater area attack, like Whirlind (after all, he should be an exceptional fighter and be better than his enemy equivalents- after all, Rahel is better than the Ravinale Snipers), rather than encroach into the niche of the Spearman.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

I fourth, besides with the suspected spearman partner you will have a character that can do both long and short ranged attacks (besides it just sounds like another impale)
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Bromtaghon

@Zackirus: It IS Impale, but with a longer name, useable by a different person.

Zackirus

Quote from: Bromtaghon on July 02, 2010, 06:34:41 PM
@Zackirus: It IS Impale, but with a longer name, useable by a different person.

That is what I meant
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Bromtaghon

Also, Dusk- you should change your post about this being the Formulated thread, seeing as it got moved, otherwise people might get confused.

Did the concept of Griffin getting Whirlwind make it into the Formulated?

MikeW781

One vote for Griffin getting whirlwind at slash level 2!
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Steelfist

KZ

Quote from: Bromtaghon on July 03, 2010, 12:10:09 AM
Did the concept of Griffin getting Whirlwind make it into the Formulated?

You know, I don't think it did! Though it sure was well discussed before. I am definitely up for seeing Griffin get Whirlwind, especially with even greater in-game difficulty due to more complex AI. To compensate for the strength of the attack, why not make it available somewhere around level 15-18, to make it all the more sweeter when Griffin gets it (and it will be right around the middle of the game, where Slash wouldn't be that impressive, really). Hence, count this as a 3rd vote for getting Grffin that attack. If this goes to/near 10 positive votes, this goes into formulated.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

I fourth the Attack because Griffin does need some new attacks! I also agree with KZ, I think we have talked about this before.....

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: im2smart4u on April 01, 2010, 08:00:11 PM
Quote from: KZ on April 01, 2010, 12:21:02 PMDo all of you folks agree on Whirlwind for Griffin  as an upgrade of Slash then? If there are many positive replies, then I'll add it to formulated!
I got no complaints about it.

For the few who don't know what Whirlwind looks like:
0XXX0
0XGX0
0XXX0

0-not effected X-attacked G-Griffin
I thought people agreed on Whirlwind forever ago.

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 09, 2010, 04:50:11 PM
Piercing Throw- A powerful throw of a spear can stab through an enemy and hit the square behind your target.
Range: 2-3 squares
Damage: (1/2)Strength + (1/2)Psy Power + 2 + Piercing Throw Level
Cost: 9 PsP

0X0
0X0
0S0

0=uneffected space, X=attacked space, S=spearman
Is it too early too formulate an unnamed Spearman's attack?

KZ

That was on the old forums, during a lull in activity, people seem to have forgotten. Let's see if everyone likes this, then I'll add it in. It seems quite a logical next step in increasing Griffin's usefullness and this attack does pose a challenge if one plays with friendly fire on.
(So far, I take it we have 5 people fully supporting Whirlwind for Griffin. Anyone else agrees? The more of us do, the more likely it is for Craig to add it in. Vox populi vox dei, so to speak.)

Well, why is it too early, im2smart4u? After all, we know what class the un-named teammate belongs to and what the standard attacks for that class are. Given that this unit will be a  teammate, drawing on analogies elsewhere in TSoG and TRPG2, the teammate will have at least one extra attack, and here is a chance to voice what expansion we'd like to see. Especially in light of the fact that many players had a chance to use a Spearman and a Red Spriggat in TPA2 in many battles and see in what areas they are lacking.
Welcome to the forums!