News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duskling

Quote from: bugfartboy on July 29, 2010, 04:38:26 PM
I'm okay with that. But in the end it's up to CygnusStern to decide whether or not to add it and then what the cost is if he put it in.
That's a joke, right? Also, you can just call him Craig, if you want.

bugfartboy

You don't think I don't know that? This is my last post in this thread until A) someone other than me or you posts or B) I get another idea for an attack to post about.

MikeW781

I don't think Craig is interested in developing a new section to the battle system (dice rolls) this late in the development stage. As you said, it's up to him though. I may be wrong.
Lets, instead, get to discussing damage, and possible formulation for this Fire Gust idea. I like it, and think it should have the formula
Damage= Attack Level*2+Psy Power
Attack level coefficiant can be raised to 1.5 if thats too high, I don't know how hard a hitter the spriggat is supposed to be, nor what his initial power will be.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

bugfartboy

Spriggat's I think are kinda in the middle. WAIT!!! I must go consult the records of Saved Games Past!!!

Duskling

Craig already used die rolls in the first game, so it's nothing new to him, and I don't think he wants us to win with luck, rather with skill.

Dorgon 5000

What about a shield that makes a character completly invincibe for one turn?

algebra15

About the Fire Gust -- have you noticed that while Blasts level damage at 2*level rate (or three in TSoG), but Area attacks tend to level at a simple 1-1 ratio with attack level? This said, it should probably be more like:

Attack level + Psy Power + 12
This is Gambit. The cards are about to explode. Goodbye!

bugfartboy

Dorgon: I don't think he does in battle stat changes.

Algebra15: Go ahead and see. I might not use the spriggat anyway.

SmartyPants

Quote from: MikeW781 on July 29, 2010, 05:12:51 PM
I don't think Craig is interested in developing a new section to the battle system (dice rolls) this late in the development stage. As you said, it's up to him though. I may be wrong.
In one of his videos, Craig said he is against dice rolling.

Do we all agree on Fire Gust and Frost Gust for the triangle Spriggat attack?

Cypher

bugfartboy

New attack for luca: Spiritual Doom

"As it turns out, Luca was concentrating on her name the other day when she discovered she could call spirits from the beyond and set them on a foe. However, it took a little while for them to arrive."

Damage: delayed 3 turns, psi power*5/2+attack level
Range: 1 space
Cost:4

SmartyPants

Luca is a support unit, so Spirtiual Doom doesn't really fit.  Plus, if Luca could control spirits, then she would have had the cellar ghosts free her husband.

Contribute- Luca has become so skilled at transfering PsP that she can contribute PsP to as much as three teammates at once.
Range: 1 (the 3 spaces infront)
Cost: Psy Power + Contribute Level
Amount Transferred: (Psy Power + Contribute Level)/2
Status Effects: Target's PsP increases

OXXXO
OOLOO
OOOOO

L = Luca
X = Target space
O = uneffected space

bugfartboy

bugfartboy