News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

Arrow Storm

Rahel has learned how to fire mutliple arrows in a quick secession

Range:
OOXOXOO
OXOXOXO
OOXOXOO
OOOOOOO
OOOROOO
R=Rahel (Facing Up) O= Unaffected Space X= Affected Space

[spoiler]OOSOSOO
OTOTOTO
OOFOFOO
OOOOOOO
OOOROOO

I was thinking that she would fire arrows in three different waves. She would hit the Fs first, then hit the Ss with 2 arrows, and finally, she would fire three arrows hitting the Ts.[/spoiler]

Cost: 16
Damage: Strength + Arrow Storm Level + (Psy Power/2)
Prerequisites: Power: 17, Psy Power: 12

Is everyone in agreeance for these stats?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Cypher

Quote from: Zackirus on September 04, 2010, 02:11:10 PM
Arrow Storm

Rahel has learned how to fire mutliple arrows in a quick secession

Range:
OOXOXOO
OXOXOXO
OOXOXOO
OOOOOOO
OOOROOO
R=Rahel (Facing Up) O= Unaffected Space X= Affected Space

[spoiler]OOSOSOO
OTOTOTO
OOFOFOO
OOOOOOO
OOOROOO

I was thinking that she would fire arrows in three different waves. She would hit the Fs first, then hit the Ss with 2 arrows, and finally, she would fire three arrows hitting the Ts.[/spoiler]

Cost: 16
Damage: Strength + Arrow Storm Level + (Psy Power/2)
Prerequisites: Power: 17, Psy Power: 12

Is everyone in agreeance for these stats?
I agree.
Quote from: Cypher on September 04, 2010, 02:08:05 PM
I'm hoping some of you could suggest a couple of new names for 'Air Blast'... I don't like the name myself, to tell the truth, but I couldn't come up with a better name...
Any names?

KZ

In that case, those who wish not to vote will simply not be included in the vote count ('cause giving 1/2 will make 2 neutral people support the idea and giving nothing will be rejecting the idea).
Then so far we have 4 "yay" 1 "nay" 1 "neutral" vote for "air blast". Certainly need much more input to make it clear if this will get formulated. Thus kindly do vote, folks!

I agree, Cypher, I also don't really like the name, but so far an alterantive is eluding me. Can anyone suggest a better name?

The, well, many-arrows idea has  4 "yay", 1 "nay, 1 "neutral" as well.

PS
I am not sold on the triple attack on the arrow storm- a double attack can be credible, with a lot of effort- otherwise this can be a bit too much.

XXX
XOX
OOO
ORO

How about that with same notation?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on September 04, 2010, 01:59:43 PM
OOSOSOO
OTOTOTO
OOFOFOO
OOOOOOO
OOOROOO

I was thinking that she would fire arrows in three different waves. She would hit the Fs first, then hit the Ss with 2 arrows, and finally, she would fire three arrows hitting the Ts.
Why does she get to do three attacks in one turn, while every other charcter only gets one attack?

Zackirus

Quote from: im2smart4u on September 04, 2010, 02:20:31 PM
Why does she get to do three attacks in one turn, while every other charcter only gets one attack?
Well Griffin does get to do a double attack (with Double slash).
Quote from: KZ on September 04, 2010, 02:16:34 PM
PS
I am not sold on the triple attack on the arrow storm- a double attack can be credible, with a lot of effort- otherwise this can be a bit too much.

XXX
XOX
OOO
ORO

How about that with same notation?

It think it would cost less than 16 if you are only going to fire 5 arrows. I'm thinking around 13/14?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

Exactly what I had in mind about Griffin.
Well, the counter to high PsP is that Trueshaft costs 10 PsP, so firing 5 arrows very quickly should also be quite costly, so that people don't overuse the attack. Ok, say 14-15 PsP. What do you think, folks?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

ArtDrake

15 sounds good for a powerful attack like that. I'm in favor.

bugfartboy

I vote yay on the matter of arrow storm. I agree on the cost as well.

KZ

And what of modified air blast, bugfartboy?

Ok, thanks folks- I'm adding up the votes.
Welcome to the forums!

bugfartboy

I really don't like it. But I guess I'll vote Yay just because I think the Red Spriggat will need more diversity from one attack to another.

KZ

Ok then, so you're voting yay "for the greater good", effectively?
This then brings up 5/5 yes, and one abstained for "Air Blast". Let's get more feedback on that one before that might get formalised.
Welcome to the forums!

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on September 04, 2010, 02:32:04 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on September 04, 2010, 02:20:31 PM
Well Griffin does get to do a double attack (with Double slash).
[/quote]Griffin strikes in one direction and quickly spins in the other direction.  Double Slash takes as much time as Split Shot.  Your suggested attack with is like firing Split Shot three times, which is way too long for an attack.

KZ

What about firing split shot twice? Would that make sense?
Maybe have a Split shot followed by a "control" trueshaft?
OXO
OOO
XOX
OOO
ORO

Thoughts?
Welcome to the forums!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on September 04, 2010, 06:05:12 PM
What about firing split shot twice? Would that make sense?
Maybe have a Split shot followed by a "control" trueshaft?
OXO
OOO
XOX
OOO
ORO

Thoughts?
Rahel shouldn't continuely notch, draw, and fire arrow after arrow for one attack.  That sounds like several attacks.

Attack 1:
OXO
OOO
OOO
OOO
ORO

Split Shot:
OOO
OOO
XOX
OOO
ORO

Ertxiem

I like the air blast for the Spriggat. Perhaps a better name would be jet stream or Levanter or Aejej. (I also thought about wind tunnel but where is the tunnel?)

I'm in favour of Rahel having a new area attack. However, hitting only 3 places seems not enough (we already have one attack hitting 3 places) and hitting 7 places seems too much (in my opinion). I usually prefer nice symmetric shapes and I tend to see them as easier to make regularly than shapes with less symmetry.

I recall a suggestion of (arrow rain?) an arrow area attack x shaped, hitting 5 squares simultaneously.
OXOXO
OOXOO
OXOXO
OOOOO
OOROO

What do you think about it?
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.