News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on September 25, 2010, 08:19:25 PM
Reflexes, Arman

decreases speed permanently (for the battle) by one, adds ten percent dodge chance, up to 80% when Arman moves 1 (cannot use the attack after that.) also next turn 90% chance of dodge next turn.
After TRPG2, Criag has decided to remove any luck from the game, so 80% or 90% anything won't be put into the game.

bugfartboy

That's what I said originally. Maybe instead of dodging he can be prepared enough that when he is attacked, he dodges some of the damage instead of a die roll. What say you?

The Holy namelesskitty

yes, he takes that much less damage that makes a lot of sense, and it fits with all of our opinions and requests.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

SmartyPants

Quote from: Bugfartboy on September 26, 2010, 08:10:50 AM
That's what I said originally. Maybe instead of dodging he can be prepared enough that when he is attacked, he dodges some of the damage instead of a die roll. What say you?
Isn't Arman more of a charcter who uses his speed to aviod damage completly, while Griffin is more of the character who is willing to take damage?  The idea of Arman is to strike hard and fast before the other character can strike back.  Doesn't reducing damage and reducing speed have the opposite effect?

The Holy namelesskitty

Complete dodge next turn and reduce move to five next turn that makes sense, and maybe the other can be called caution and for Griffin.

bugfartboy

New Duvalier attack:

Plasma Blast
"As it turns out, (insert name here) has discovered that with enough focus and power, he can accelerate the particles of objects nearby to such a degree that the object not only seems to be not a liquid, solid, or gas but it seems to completely devastate anything that comes onto contact with it. However, soon after using it, (insert name here) felt very drained."

Range: 2
Cost: 25
Formula: Damage=Power+(Attack Level*3)-2
Type:N/A (What could you possibly put this under?)

Chrono

Mental/Pyro. So if you added this, you would have to make the same attack for the other affinities too. I'm putting a maybe.
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

No. Not nessesarily the same attack, but an attack to sorta balance them out. One thing I forgot to add was that it would increase the damage the target takes from all sources by a small amount. And this wouldn't go under mental. Don't tell me that an inanimate object can survive having it's atomic structure completely stripped away. If it can, I'll leave the forums for good. So I guess this would go under pyro/light.

Chrono

Then it should be pyro according to your description.
Quote from: Bugfartboy on October 14, 2010, 09:35:59 PM
One thing I forgot to add was that it would increase the damage the target takes from all sources by a small amount.
Do you mean that the attack actually lowers the target's defense?
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

SmartyPants

Quote from: Bugfartboy on October 14, 2010, 08:28:38 PMPlasma Blast
"As it turns out, (insert name here) has discovered that with enough focus and power, he can accelerate the particles of objects nearby to such a degree that the object not only seems to be not a liquid, solid, or gas but it seems to completely devastate anything that comes onto contact with it. However, soon after using it, (insert name here) felt very drained."

Range: 2
Cost: 25
Formula: Damage=Power+(Attack Level*3)-2
Type:N/A (What could you possibly put this under?)
Accelerating particles is for people with the heat element.  What attacks would the other three affinities have?  This attack is way too powerful.  Something hot enough to be plasma would not exist outside of space.  It would explode instantly as tries to feed itself molecules like oxygen.
Nay.

Quote from: Bugfartboy on October 14, 2010, 09:35:59 PMDon't tell me that an inanimate object can survive having it's atomic structure completely stripped away. If it can, I'll leave the forums for good.
An inanimate object can survive having it's atomic structure completely stripped away.

bugfartboy

And how do you know that? Don't tell me that you have a glob of plasma at home sitting in your 0g vacuum tank.
Quote from: im2smart4u on October 14, 2010, 11:07:23 PM
Quote from: Bugfartboy on October 14, 2010, 08:28:38 PM

Quote from: Bugfartboy on October 14, 2010, 09:35:59 PMDon't tell me that an inanimate object can survive having it's atomic structure completely stripped away. If it can, I'll leave the forums for good.
An inanimate object can survive having it's atomic structure completely stripped away.
Oh very funny. I forgot to laugh.

The Holy namelesskitty

Hmmm, it sounds too powerful, I don't think so. It is pyro though, and you'll need attacks just like it or similar for the other three, nay.

ArtDrake

How 'bout "Waveform Nebula" (a lattice of supercooled shards of ice taking on the will of its user, targeting its opponent where it knows that it'll hurt as a result of the waveforms' synchronization), "Mitosis Array" (A series of EM particles which would split in midair many times a second, replicating themselves, numbering huge amounts when finally hitting the target), and "Umbratic Torment" (A writhing globule of negative energy which forms itself into rotating blades during its flight? for the extras. :D  I think, however, we have enough elemental attacks, and the names are getting long.

Sadly, while the idea could go a bit further with some PR, I vote naybe.

bugfartboy

I'm not done with it yet and I havn't had time to create similars for the other affinities yet. If you change your nays to maybes just for now, I can probably finish them tomorrow. But I don't want im2smart4u using the nays before I finish.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Bugfartboy on October 16, 2010, 12:17:20 AM
I'm not done with it yet and I havn't had time to create similars for the other affinities yet. If you change your nays to maybes just for now, I can probably finish them tomorrow. But I don't want im2smart4u using the nays before I finish.
Instead of just posting any idea that pops into your head, you need to think about your suggestion thoroughly before posting it.  Ask yourself questions that you think other forumers will ask:
Does this fit into the Telepath RPG world?
Is it overly powerful?
Would it be useful?
Would it be worth Criag's time to create?
Does it make any logical sense?
Is the suggestion reasonable compared to other enemies/attacks?
Is this suggestion immature? (this is mostly for bugfartboy)
And any other questions that come to mind.

So far, I count three nays and no yays.  I think it is time to give up on the plasma idea.