News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

How about once you learn the attacks at Psy power 10 you can choos which dirceon to learn it in then 2 levels later yo learn th mirror
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

That might be a little harder to impletment. And come to think of it, there is that argument that some things are easier done in one direction, than in another. (Think tennis, for instance- backhand,forehand, or writing with left or right hand.) I definitley think that players would appreciate the mirror much more if it became available a tad later. A 2 level difference seems good. I would certainly put it before Impale, so that the attacks come as number 3 and 4, and not 4 and 5 (otherwise it will be a pain to click and select).

Although, there is the point about the player simply rotating the Spearman to hit the other side- but that could expose the Spearman to enemy backstab attacks. Thus, I think it is worth having a pair of mirror attacks, and not just one.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

cyso

I prefer left jab and right jab over jab left and jab right, but it's probably personal preference and doesn't really matter.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

KZ

I agree that this is more of a small point issue, though I also prefer right and left jabs, then the reverse. Rightly, so do we have universal agreement on an extra attack for a Spearman so that it can be suggested to Craig, as being a formulated teammate attack?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

I would like an extra attack for the spearmen so I am in
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

cyso

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 15, 2010, 09:26:33 PM
I agree that this is more of a small point issue, though I also prefer right and left jabs, then the reverse. Rightly, so do we have universal agreement on an extra attack for a Spearman so that it can be suggested to Craig, as being a formulated teammate attack?
For me, only the diagonal attacks.  The attacks to the direct right or direct left wouldn't work.
I think the attacks need low PsP.  Like spin saw only costed 1PsP.

Zackirus

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 15, 2010, 09:40:23 PM
For me, only the diagonal attacks.  The attacks to the direct right or direct left wouldn't work.

Why do you think that the attacks to the side could not work? If the spearmen held held spear like a staff and jabbed it at one of his sides and spun the spear so it would hit the other person, i could work.

- Lord Canada

Zhampir

if the spear was dual bladed it could very easily work.

cyso

I don't think most spears are dual bladed, but I'll consider it. I definitely support the diagonal attacks.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on March 15, 2010, 09:44:33 PM

Why do you think that the attacks to the side could not work? If the spearmen held held spear like a staff and jabbed it at one of his sides and spun the spear so it would hit the other person, i could work.
To move a long pole quickly to the side and then stab would be very difficult.  That is why phalanxs are vulnerable to attacks from the side.

Quote from: Zhampir on March 15, 2010, 09:45:44 PM
if the spear was dual bladed it could very easily work.
I haven't seen a dual bladed spear in any of the games.

Zackirus

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 15, 2010, 09:49:58 PM
Quote from: Zackirus on March 15, 2010, 09:44:33 PM

To move a long pole quickly to the side and then stab would be very difficult.  That is why phalanxs are vulnerable to attacks from the side.

The Spearman coud use his Psy abilities to turn it that quickly

- Lord Canada

KZ

The proposed attack is supposed to be diagonal, im2msart4u, not to the side, so worry not about that.
Seeing how 6 users present and past have agreed to the attack, I have added it to formulated.
The only question remains is the Psy cost.
How about 2 or 3? It should be small and to the point: I see this attack like the Backhander, to be used relatively often and not requiring that much Psy power.
Welcome to the forums!

SmartyPants

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 09, 2010, 04:50:11 PM
Piercing Throw- A powerful throw of a spear can stab through an enemy and hit the square behind your target.
Range: 2-3 squares
Damage: (1/2)Strength + (1/2)Psy Power + 2 + Piercing Throw Level
Cost: 9 PsP

0X0
0X0
0S0

0=uneffected space, X=attacked space, S=spearman

I think everyone agrees with Piercing Throw

Presentiment

Left/Right Jab, I would imagine, would be rarely useful.