News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Quote from: Bugfartboy on October 22, 2010, 08:02:33 AMBut you yourself said
Quote from: im2smart4u on September 09, 2010, 10:20:22 PM
Quote from: Arch Preist of Craiginism on September 09, 2010, 10:13:37 PMWhy does Luca know Mindblast? Why is she able to Soul Suck? Those too are offensive.
Yes, they are offensive, but they do so little damage that it doesn't make her into an offensive unit.  The new suggested attack would make her an offensive unit.
Your point is?

By the time the Hero learns to use elemental attacks, his experience using mind blast would make mind blast more powerful then any of your suggestions.

ArtDrake

Actually, if the damage multiplyer was 1.5, I might be a yay on that count. But as a whole, I think we don't need more attacks.

The Holy namelesskitty

These are frankly excessive and unnecessary, sorry but I think that these are a bad idea.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Zackirus

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on October 22, 2010, 04:57:01 PM
These are frankly excessive and unnecessary, sorry but I think that these are a bad idea.

I also agree
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

The Holy namelesskitty

Does anyone see the possibility of an attack which summons another but weaker player controlled charachter.

Chrono

It is a good idea, but I see a few issues. First up, do you get to choose where to put your "shadow"? And if not, you need to make sure it doesn't land on, say, the cliff on Fawaz Gorge. It would be just like Luca's Juxtapose bug. Also, if you summon the main, for example, and have him die, will the safety bonus still take effect?
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

The Holy namelesskitty

The safety bonus will not, and the charachter is placed on player's choice of orthogonally adjacent tile out of those allowed.

bugfartboy

I've already suggested a similar attack !!!!!!!! It was shot down for being too similar to solid state sheild.

MikeW781

Summoning is a pointless idea that would be out of place in TsoG, mess with the AI, and generally seem like it was created for the sake of a new attack, not really to help the game's depth and playability. They had the same move in Sinjid Shadow of the Warrior, and it was slightly better there; it fit better into the battle system, was controlled by a very simple AI, and had a backstory, and it still felt like a gimmicky attack
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

The Holy namelesskitty

it would be player controlled.

SmartyPants

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on October 23, 2010, 01:22:28 AM
Does anyone see the possibility of an attack which summons another but weaker player controlled character.
KZ tried to convence Craig to make a Wood-Folk teammate who can summon pets.  Craig said it is possible to have three summons plus a Solid State Shield with the game engine.  The three suggested pets are a nymph, a tig, and an unkown bird.

Back to topic: does anyone have any ideas for new attacks for teammates?  Do not suggest anymore summons, because the slots are filled.

ArtDrake

Luca: Ghost Feet

Increases Movement of Friendly Target by 1
Cost: (4*Current Move of Target(s)^1.5 / Original Move of Target(s)) rounded up. If it affects two, move formula is based on sums, as it takes more effort to boost two at once than one at a time.
Range: Forwards Diagonals
Backstory: As it turns out, Luca has discovered a way to combat the paralizing effects of Dark Breath, and to quicken slower units in battle by making their feet lighter, and infusing their legs with Psy Energy. However, this should be used sparingly, as the cost goes up dramatically if the unit wasn't already fast, and boosting more than one teammate at a time takes a serious toll on Luca.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on October 23, 2010, 12:37:02 PM
Luca: Ghost Feet

Increases Movement of Friendly Target by 1
Cost: (4*Current Move of Target(s)^1.5 / Original Move of Target(s)) rounded up. If it affects two, move formula is based on sums, as it takes more effort to boost two at once than one at a time.
Range: Forwards Diagonals
Backstory: As it turns out, Luca has discovered a way to combat the paralizing effects of Dark Breath, and to quicken slower units in battle by making their feet lighter, and infusing their legs with Psy Energy. However, this should be used sparingly, as the cost goes up dramatically if the unit wasn't already fast, and boosting more than one teammate at a time takes a serious toll on Luca.
The conditions sound overly complicated to program and the ability to increase a teammate's speed is too powerful.

Cypher

I think that increasing the speed by 1 is fine, but you should only be allowed to use this attack once per battle.