News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on November 10, 2010, 03:43:00 PM
Red Spriggat: Heat Shield. Also The Red and White Spriggats could level up their shields into the greater versions (Inferno Shield and Glacial Shield)
The problem with Spriggats having elemental shields is that it unbalances the elements for the Hero.  The Heat and Cold elements for the Hero would be less significant because the spriggat classes would already be able to do it, but unable to do the light or shadow shields.

MikeW781

Quote from: im2smart4u on November 10, 2010, 07:52:05 PM
Quote from: Zackirus on November 10, 2010, 03:43:00 PM
Red Spriggat: Heat Shield. Also The Red and White Spriggats could level up their shields into the greater versions (Inferno Shield and Glacial Shield)
The problem with Spriggats having elemental shields is that it unbalances the elements for the Hero.  The Heat and Cold elements for the Hero would be less significant because the spriggat classes would already be able to do it, but unable to do the light or shadow shields.
I am in agreement. However, if Malis was given the Dark Shield and Nightmare Shield (I think those are the names, but I use Light in my files, so I could be wrong), and another teammate, prehaps Set, or a teammate we haven't been given, got the Light versions, would you give the idea a "yay" vote?
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Zackirus

That makes sense, I'm sure that if their is a Pryo, Cryo, and Shadow based teamate, then Craig has made a light based teamate. If he hasn't, that would make Light the best element to pick, as no other teamate would be light.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

Even if he wasn't an extreme pacifist, he wouldn't be strong enough to use the blast, but he would be capable of the shield. I mean, it has to be easier than the blast anyway, right?

MikeW781

Quote from: Bugfartboy on November 11, 2010, 04:38:14 PM
Even if he wasn't an extreme pacifist, he wouldn't be strong enough to use the blast, but he would be capable of the shield. I mean, it has to be easier than the blast anyway, right?
Well, Set is not a weak psy. His inability to preform mental attacks is due to his own pacifism. In his own way (healing), he is stronger than Duvalier. He should be able to develop an affinity of sorts, and light seems to make sense. Especially because Anya, who is also a healing-only character, got light resistance
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

bugfartboy

But Anya, unlike Set, had mind blast. She was not a healing only character.

ArtDrake

Yes, but no player characters were fully defensive in TRPG2.

SmartyPants

Quote from: MikeW781 on November 11, 2010, 10:53:46 AM
Quote from: im2smart4u on November 10, 2010, 07:52:05 PM
Quote from: Zackirus on November 10, 2010, 03:43:00 PMRed Spriggat: Heat Shield. Also The Red and White Spriggats could level up their shields into the greater versions (Inferno Shield and Glacial Shield)
I am in agreement. However, if Malis was given the Dark Shield and Nightmare Shield (I think those are the names, but I use Light in my files, so I could be wrong), and another teammate, prehaps Set, or a teammate we haven't been given, got the Light versions, would you give the idea a "yay" vote?
We don't know if we get both/either a Red and/or Frost Spriggat.  It would be silly to suggest giving Malis and Set elemental shields based off of a hypothetical assumption.

The Holy namelesskitty

The elemental shields would be nice anyways and we're pretty sure that a spright of some sort will be added.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

bugfartboy

Namelesskitty, im2smart4u resigned. From now on, we need to be careful and pre-evaluate ideas. We are pretty much on our own. Let's step back and look at the idea. Does it make solid logical sense? Does the game necessarily need it? Are we doing this because we feel it needs it or because we just want it? Just trying to fill the gaping void.

ArtDrake

(No name yet)

Luca:
Cost: 14
Effect: Takes all of 1 enemy's movement points away for the following turn, and recieve 4 HP for each movement point.

Honestly, I'm kind of doubtful about this one, but I figured since Luca is a buff unit, she might as well have a unique attack. Other move-debilitating attacks are permanent, but smaller, and this is full immobilization, but only for one turn.

Zackirus

I think that we should avoid attacks that mess with enemy speed. They seem too cheap, even if they benefit the enemy in some way. Try suggesting another attack for another character.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

ArtDrake

Oh, right. I forgot that enemy speed isn't as easy to change as player speed.

How about an attack for Malis?

Cost: 8
Req: Enemy may be 2 spaces ahead; empty must be 1 space ahead
Effect: Malis goes into shadowport, but instead of going the full 3 squares, she goes two forward, partially materializes, dealing damage, and falls back a square where she comes out of shadowport.
Element: Light?

I have always wondered about the bright lights emanating from the shadowlings when going in and out of Shadowport. This would appear to be a Light-based ability, and so could possibly be the basis of a Light attack accessible to a well-trained shadowling...?

bugfartboy

So she shadowports forward, attacks, and shadowports again? I don't like it. It seems way too much for even a shadowling to pull off in a single turn. And it would have to have a crazy cost.

Chrono

Shadowporting is already good enough; it's not like u can't attack after you do. I don't see the need for this.
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]