News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idozen Cair

Er... is there an enemy attacks thread?
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

Yes there is. You just need to dig a little to find it.

Steelfist

bugfartboy

bugfartboy

Sorta thought out and seems slightly reasonable. But I don't mind I'd it doesn't make in into TSoG. Just an idea to put out there:

Redirect- The user maintains a long distance shield that converts damage that would be done into a Psi point cost at a certain rate.
Type:Shield
User:Set
Using range:1
Redirection range: within 4 spaces of user
Initial cost:5
Damage conversion rate: 2:1, damage:cost (rounded up when necessary)

What do you think? The turn that the one Set used it on goes put of range, the redirection is severed. And Set would only be able to support one at a time and only learn this at maybe 20 psi power and 25 psi defense. Thoughts?

Idozen Cair

Don't understand the effect, sorry.
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

Alright. Set uses it on an ally, say Griffin. It costs him 5 Psi points initially to use it. And then say Griffin starts fighting a swordsman. But instead of Griffin taking damage, Set is slowly drained of Psi points based on how much damage the Swordsman attempts to do to Griffin at the rate of 6 damage costs 3 Psi points to redirect. But then, say Griffin goes outside of Set's range of 4 spaces. With Griffin outside his range, he can't redirect the damage Griffin would take, so the connection is severed and Set must use Redirect on Griffin again to resume protecting him from a distance. Does that make sense?

Idozen Cair

I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

But as I said, I don't mind if it doesn't make it into TSoG. I jut thought I'd put it out there for the current or a future game.

-Edit-
If not for Set, maybe an enemy healer in a boss battle could use this? Oh wait. Never mind. Then the boss would be invincible unless you take down the healer. Wait. That might accually be kinda cool! Kinda like a telepathic shield generator from a Star Wars movie.

HeadShot

New La'Man Move:

Pyro Bomb:

Effect: Damage

Damage: Depending on Psy Power. Mainly does 18.

Range:
X=Free
E=Enemy
L=La'Man
XEX
XEX
XEX
XEX
XEX
XLX

Naj:

Avalanche Shield:

Effect: Mainly Heals by 27.

Range:
X=Free
U=Ally
N=Naj
UUU
UUU
UUU
XNX
UXU
XXU
My head got shot up once. And I lived and my head Remained.....

bugfartboy

Why is it necessary? How does it work? Can you create a formula for these moves? What would the Psi cost be? What is their purpose? Did you really think them out all the way? And what do you think on Redirection?

cyso

Redirection would be kind of cool for a boss fight (maybe), but it seems a little bit too powerful for one of the Main's teammates to use.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

bugfartboy

Maybe if Set had a smaller range. Or maybe if the cost to absorb damage were higher. Hmm.

TheWanderingShadow

maybe 2 psy points for each point of damage, because by the time Set learns something as powerful as that, he probably has quite a lot of Psy points. I don't know it sounds pretty cheap otherwise.
_   _   _   ___     ___     _   _    ___   |  |
\ \/  \/ / '| _  \  / / \ \  |  \| |  / /  _  |_|
\_/\_ /   |_|\'\  \ \ / /  |_\_ |  \ \_./   O

bugfartboy

How about this: You can heal about 10-13 damage for 3 Psi points when you first get Set. So when you look at it in context, the price to absorb damage is actually pretty steep.