News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ

To be honest, I think that it doesn't quite logically lead up to the Dark Vortex attack: after all, Dark Vortex is a projection in front of the player, rather than around the player. And there is a similar suggestion for the Light attack as well. I think it would be nice to keep all 4 secondary area attacks different, especially as how 3 of the 4 major elemental area attacks are practically the same, only differing in range hit.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

how about a delayed attack? Arman strikes one turn, nothing seems to happen. A healer heals the enemy back to full health, then the enemy takes the brutal blow on the start of your next turn, allowing you to more easily finish him off without the annoying healer getting in the way.

Zackirus

I don't Like the Attack that would do damage later, it just seems so inconvient to do such a thing, why not kill the enemy this trn instead of waiting for the healer to heal them

I thought of an attack as well. What about an attack that would trade your health for psp points and have an opposite attack that trades psp for health. It would a point change for example:

Trade (PsP)

Using their mental strength, the user of this move trades their own phyiscal health to relieve mental stress and tiredness or vice versa if need be.

Range: Self
Effect: Trades Health for PsP (Around 12)
Cost: 0

Yes I made this attack quite ealier just nobody responeded to it  :(
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Zhampir

tis not inconvenient. It's like Arman attacking twice.

Zackirus

It sounds in your explantion of te attack and arman attacks the victum and then the next trun the victum leaves the blow, Am I right?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

cyso

Quote from: KZ on March 21, 2010, 01:54:30 PM
To be honest, I think that it doesn't quite logically lead up to the Dark Vortex attack: after all, Dark Vortex is a projection in front of the player, rather than around the player. And there is a similar suggestion for the Light attack as well. I think it would be nice to keep all 4 secondary area attacks different, especially as how 3 of the 4 major elemental area attacks are practically the same, only differing in range hit.
You're probably right, but a giant X doesn't seem to much related to a giant O.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

KZ

Well, that all depends on the animation, as I say: if you make the animation look like "falling stars", and the ones in the corners form a circle by all falling in a clockwise or anticlockwise direction, whilst the central one simply strikes down coming from the Hero, then you get a Shadow Blast vortex type animation displayed overall.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

cyso

How do you get shadow blast to look like falling stars? I get what you're trying to say, but I just don't see how I will look convincing.

Presentiment

cyso

That never looked like falling stars to me. Even though I knew based on the name and Arman's description that the attack did rain fire down from above, it always looked like the blasts were fired forward from the hero and not above from the hero.

Presentiment

Another possibility, of course, would be to have the projectiles start out small, then increase in size and explode.

Zhampir

if they're falling and we have an aerial view shouldn't they start big and decrease in size?

KZ

That's reasonable, Zhampir. But then again, if they originate a few meters above the ground, I don't think the size will matter that much.
yogc: if you look carefully, you'll see that Pyro Hail is, indeed, animated in such fashion as to create the effect of the fire globes falling from above. Same can be applied to the proto-Drak Vortex attack.
Welcome to the forums!

Zackirus

Why not instead of having them rain down form the skys the user shoots the stars forward from his/her hands and lands in the target space in the middle if the X and they shoot out like the points on a star The fifth point would be connect to the castor. Sort of Like Presentiment's Idea expect on one Huge Star that would explode.

Shadow Star:

Range:

XOX
OXO
XOX
OCO

C= Castor Facing Up
O= Unaffected Space
X= Affected Space

Cost: 11 PsP

I also think it has been argeed that we want an attack after the 'blast' attack but before the major attack. We Have 'Light Ring' which is a omidierctional light blast and 'Shadow Star' which can be changed. We would need also a Cryo and Pryo attack to complemnt this range of attacks

Thoughts Folks?

- Lord Canada

KZ

How about the ideas I suggested in the previous page? ;)

Incidentally, the area covered by the "shadow star" is the one I proposed to use for the shadow attack, on the previous page (unless, of course, you're referring to that idea).

Pyro attack has Pyro Hail, and the big one can be Fire Gate.
Cryo Cross- see previous page (effectively remove the diagonally hit tiles on Cryo Cross, 10 PsP)

The Light can be the omnidirectional ring.
Welcome to the forums!