News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

I was referring And I Like all of those attack ideas, we just need to put them into format and ask the community wiether they support them or Not
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

MikeW781

we shouldn't forget new attacks for Griffin
he needs some sort of defense attack where he can take damage for other people
like, he casts it on somebody and for three turns he takes damage instead of the person reciving it
i mean, he has the Gift, and so far he's only used it to swing really hard (slash and double strike) or twirl his sword behind him (backhand)
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Presentiment

Quote from: Zhampir on March 22, 2010, 01:49:26 AM
if they're falling and we have an aerial view shouldn't they start big and decrease in size?

Oops, that's what I meant. Or at least was thinking about before typing.

KZ

Well, at least the idea of Rahel having a range 4 attack got in: Craig just said that trueshaft is a sniping attack with extra power (10 PsP cost though).

Who esle have we left out in general discussion so far?
Do you reckon Set has enough attacks? (Pacifist he may be, but I'd love for him to get at least a quasi-offensive attack, like Feedback. Though I highly doubt that will happen.)

For the potential Red Spriggat, I think having the two Heat shields might be a logical addition, since Grotius had the Frost Shield.

I agree that Griffin should have another attack, an area attack preferably.

Would everyone agree that it would be nice to have Arman equipped with a Desert Scorpion poison stab-style attack? (Get -1 to the enemy's strength.) Could be used with great efficiency against the enemy, and shouldn't require tinkering with the enemy AI. (If all agree, I'll add it to formulated.) What do you reckon the cost should be?

Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

Around 6-10 because if your taking out one strength that's pretty big, and it is an attack from arman (whose attacks either use to much or too little PsP) so it makes somewhat balanced.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

Indeed, that sounds reasonable- for it not to be overused, but still available, if it's just Stab+poison, then how about 6?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

Seven sounds more fair don't you think.

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 23, 2010, 03:19:28 PM
Do you reckon Set has enough attacks? (Pacifist he may be, but I'd love for him to get at least a quasi-offensive attack, like Feedback. Though I highly doubt that will happen.)
He has more attack then any other ally.  If you want a healer who can attack, then you should have a Shadowling Healer.

For the potential Red Spriggat, I think having the two Heat shields might be a logical addition, since Grotius had the Frost Shield.
That would be a dissadvantage for those who picked the heat element for the Hero.  Hero's with non-Heat elements would be able to give two types of resistance, while the Heat Hero will only be able to give one.

Would everyone agree that it would be nice to have Arman equipped with a Desert Scorpion poison stab-style attack? (Get -1 to the enemy's strength.) Could be used with great efficiency against the enemy, and shouldn't require tinkering with the enemy AI. (If all agree, I'll add it to formulated.) What do you reckon the cost should be?
I would like it if you can think of a better name then "Desert Scorpion poison stab-style attack".

MikeW781

the idea of Arman having a debuff attack sounds good
how about "Poison Strike (or Blow)"
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Zhampir

or quite simply Poison, the descriptive name can be applied in the description when he learns the attack.

Presentiment

I would like it if you can think of a better name then "Desert Scorpion poison stab-style attack".
[/quote]

1 strength is usually not that much to subtract from an enemy; it is usually much more efficient to just outright own them with Mega Stab.

KZ

That depends on how much cheaper the poison attack is, and how effective mega stab is- if it can knock out the enemy in one turn- go for it, otherwise reduce the enemy's damage and keep going at him for several turns. Forget not what you said yourself of the significance of 1 damage difference over time- plus, the attack can be used more than once. If it's kept within the 6-7 range, then I think it might be worth going for it twice, then go for one Mega Stab, run out of PsP, and resort to Knife to kill the boss off.

"Poison Strike" or "Poison Stab" sounds reasonable. Anyone else have other suggestions?
Welcome to the forums!

Zackirus

I Like "Tainted Stirke" personally and I would go with "Poison Strike" if the descision comes to that

- Lord Canada

cyso

I like poison stab and poison strike second, but it doesn't matter that much to me. Back to the area attacks, I like the shadow star attack better than the previous one.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?