News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyingFinn

What do you think: Should Duvalier have more elemental attacks or is two per element enough? (changing subject ;D) I think that he could have 2 more per element: stronger version of elemental blast (arctic blast, nightmare blast, blinding blast and inferno blast) and ultimate attack (which would be achieved by founding special orb or through training or something?)

There actually should be an own place in the forums for discussion about this. I dont know if there is one already... :-[
Grammar! >_<

SmartyPants

Quote from: FlyingFinn on May 12, 2010, 10:44:45 AM
What do you think: Should Duvalier have more elemental attacks or is two per element enough? (changing subject ;D) I think that he could have 2 more per element: stronger version of elemental blast (arctic blast, nightmare blast, blinding blast and inferno blast)
I don't see the point of new elemental blasts that does the same thing as the orginals.  If you want more powerful elemental blasts, then you either train Psy Power or increase attack's level in battle.

Zhampir

I think it's a good idea... but I don't think it's needed. It's the same concept as stab/mega stab. Personally I only use one of them... but if the psp cost was formulated right, then it could be a good idea.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zhampir on May 12, 2010, 08:48:07 PM
I think it's a good idea... but I don't think it's needed. It's the same concept as stab/mega stab. Personally I only use one of them... but if the psp cost was formulated right, then it could be a good idea.
Stab causes 150% sidestab and 220% backstab damage, while Mega Stab causes 200% sidestab and 300% backstab damage.  The suggested elemental blasts do the same as the old elemental blasts.

Zhampir

how about an attack that attacks on both sides of the caster?

OOOOO
OXUXO
OOOOO

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zhampir on May 19, 2010, 10:45:59 PM
how about an attack that attacks on both sides of the caster?

OOOOO
OXUXO
OOOOO
An attack like that would have to be very poweful like Backhander, because the enemy will backstab you in the next turn.

jojolagger

omni-direction feedback for the main.
It would have to be very late game.

SmartyPants

Quote from: jojolagger on May 20, 2010, 06:25:32 PM
omni-direction feedback for the main.
It would have to be very late game.
A boss attack that redirects damage in an omnidirectional way has already been suggested for a boss attack.  It is called Vendetta.

Zhampir

Yes, but this is the new attacks for teammates thread. There's separation from enemies and their attacks and teammates and their attacks for a reason. While it's a nice thought to be able to use an enemy's attack against them, it's nice to have enemies that present their own unique challenge, as long as allies that are unique from the enemies.

That makes me think of an interesting attack, though I'm not sure how well it could be used, it may be difficult to implement (I have ideas on how I could do it in C++ or something, but I don't know AS2-3). Anyways:

How about an attack that is not an attack per say but an ability. Like the thought of feedback and vengeance, using the pain recieved from the enemy to hurt them and heal yourself, except that it actually mirrors their attack. The last attack performed on that character would change whatever slot the mirror attack is in to the aforementioned attack. It could even be used to mirror an ally attack/boost.
The way this technique could be learned is by some one very adaptive to the Gift. It could develop from heightened levels in Vengeance/Feedback and also when the character has mastery of more than one element.

Another tangent I've found: Chameleon. a crafty psy could trick the enemies into believing that he is one of them, if only for a turn. If possible, I'd say this move would need a "cool-down" so it is not abused.

jojolagger

Quote from: Zhampir on May 21, 2010, 08:23:55 PM
Another tangent I've found: Chameleon. a crafty psy could trick the enemies into believing that he is one of them, if only for a turn. If possible, I'd say this move would need a "cool-down" so it is not abused.
Or a huge Psy cost.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zhampir on May 21, 2010, 08:23:55 PMThe last attack performed on that character would change whatever slot the mirror attack is in to the aforementioned attack. It could even be used to mirror an ally attack/boost.
So when the hero gets hit by an arrow, he can then magicly magically conjure a bow and arrow and then skillfully fires an of his own arrow?  I don't see that working at all.

Quote from: Zhampir on May 21, 2010, 08:23:55 PM
It is incredibly difficult to have an AI with a speed of 4, so having all the AIs able to change sides is way too difficult to waist time trying to do.

Zhampir

Sorry, "Im2smart4u" but my ideas seem to once again be lost to you. How can I never seem to make you understand what I'm saying, you read the words, but consistently get the wrong message.

1.It's a mental battle a mental trick. The psy simply makes them feel the pain he/she felt, based on his or the attacker's stats.

2. I said nothing about actually changing a character. All that it would require is the enemy ignoring that character for one turn. As if it read them as a rock or something.
This is an attack for teammates page. As I believe I said before. Please do try to listen and understand. The AI would have nothing to do with this "attack". There could even be enemies that are allowed to see past this trick. Enemies higher up in the Cult.

Bromtaghon

I'm not sure if someone's suggested this already, but I'd like a self-shield for Set.  He talks about defending himself by throwing a mind shield, but he can't actually do that unless a) he throws up a Solid State Shield as a barrier or b) he uses Big Shield, which is a bit overkill just to defend yourself.  It could have the same stats as a Mind Shield but target the user... Otherwise Set is dependant on the hero (the only other healer in the group) or is forced to waste PsP on Big Shield to heal himself.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Steelfist

Actually, I think that's a very good idea; too often have I had my healer die because my main couldn't get to him.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Bromtaghon on May 29, 2010, 01:30:56 PM
I'm not sure if someone's suggested this already, but I'd like a self-shield for Set.  He talks about defending himself by throwing a mind shield, but he can't actually do that unless a) he throws up a Solid State Shield as a barrier or b) he uses Big Shield, which is a bit overkill just to defend yourself.  It could have the same stats as a Mind Shield but target the user... Otherwise Set is dependant on the hero (the only other healer in the group) or is forced to waste PsP on Big Shield to heal himself.
Recover has been suggested for Set so many times that I have concluded that Craig has an unspoken reason for Set not being able to heal himself easily.