News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Wraith's Inhabit attack

Started by KZ, March 21, 2010, 01:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's maximum unit hp at which the Wraith can use "Inhabit"?

<6 hp
<11 hp
<16 hp
<21 hp
<26 hp
<31 hp

KZ

Just curious, coming from the "new enemy ideas" tread, here is my suggestion for an unusually strong Greater Ghost, which can ihnabit teammates if their health is too low.
The general stats are:

"Wraith"
Health: 90
Speed: 3
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1, Damage: 16), Cryo Blast (Range: 2, Damage: 19), Cryo Cross (Range: 1-2 Omnidirectional (Diamond shape), Damage: 13), Inhabit (Range: 1; Damage: none*)
Immunity: Physical
Resistance: Cold
*Inhabit can only work if the target's hp is equal to, or less than X, works by the Wraith taking the host body, extracting the host soul, then restoring the new body to full hp.

What do you think the limiting X should be for Inhabit to work: my initial suggestion of 6 might be too little- if the boss comes late in the game, then most teammates will have health in the 60s,possibly more, so the boss will have little chance to use the attack. But then if the bar is raised too high, too much damage to any teammate will make this one very difficult fight indeed!
So, post your thoughts on what the maxmimum health of a teammate should be before the Wraith can attack them with Inhabit.
My new suggestion is 11 hp.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Presentiment

<21 HP

seeing as he has to get 1 square ahead of them anyways.

cyso

6 is definitely too low. It would be too easy for Set to heal the character faster than the wraith could damage the character, especially if the wraith was alone. A little higher than 11 would be good, maybe even 15, assuming the enemy appears much later in the game (near the end).
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

KZ

I agree that 6 is too low. But would 15 be a bit too high? I mean, it would be hard to keep all teammates falling below 15 hp in a big battle!
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

Well It seems that 3 people want it to be different things 6 + 6 + 16 + 21 = 49 (round down to 48) = 48 Divided by 4 = 12

How about 12 Then?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Presentiment

No it isn't.

You also have to remember they have to be in range, which is already difficult enough.

Zackirus

I just wanted a number that everybody could argee on. Personally I want it to be at at least 16 so that is actually fesible to get somone that low. Even with Set running around trying to heal somone. What I think though is that the group should be split one of one side and one on the other to make it even easier for the wraith to take over somone's body.

At Least, If thats what you want  :P
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Presentiment

I've got an idea--percents.

33% or below=he can Inhabit you.

Zhampir

Using a percentage would be ideal, but it may be difficult to code the attack into checking if the victim's hp is less that 33%.

KZ

Indeed, there has been issues with % before, so it's easier to stick to points-based evaluation. Needless to say that multiple area attacks may be used against teammates, so one healer may not be heal everyone, or to get to everyone in time, and that if % is used, then, if it's implemented towards the end of the game (how about in Crypt 4?), then that lend a figure that is in the healthy 30s! Which seems a bit too much to punish a player by.
4 people find the range around 20 feaisble, but then there are 3 who think 6 is just fine. Can anyone who voted for the latter provide a convincing argument, please?
Welcome to the forums!

SmartyPants

I would like to change my vote from 6 to 11, because it is unlikey that a character's health will be 1-6.  The power of the Wraith's attacks would make the characters' health full, half-empty, or dead.

cyso

Assuming the wraith would show up late in the game, having the health for inhabit at 16 or so wouldn't be too low.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

KZ

Ok, then so far the spread is centered at hp<16, so I guess I'll go with that for now (as it seems that most active forum members have voted on the issue, judging by the vot count).
Welcome to the forums!