News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ

That's an interesting point, though I guess the guardian bugs can be employed anywhere and they're really there to protect the colony. Given the debate between im2smart4u and the random one, we're still undecided whether to see them more as spiders or as ants.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

hellboy222

whatever they are I will think of them as creepy or annoying depending on my lvl.

Frosty

I think the abyss/guardian/void bug is a good idea.
But I think another new enemy should be White Shadowlings, sorta like Nelis or Tastiadan.

White Shadowling:
Health: 80
Attacks: Mind Blast (Damage: 13) and Light Blast (Damage: 20)
Resistance: Light
Immunity: Shadow
Counter-Attack: None
White Shadowling Elite:
Health: 120
Attacks: Mind Blast (Damage: 17), Light Blast (Damage: 24 Range:2), Shockwave (Damage: 20 Omnidirectional Range: 2), and Holy Blast (Damage: 26, Damage to all: 2)
Counter-Attack: Mindblast
Make their eyes blue and bodys white or something like that. Eliltes have bonemasks.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

Zhampir

"White Shadows" hunh... I thought of them more are the ghosts...

SmartyPants

Is this the what you guys are going for?:
Shadow Bug ==> Abyss/Guardian/Void Bug
Ravinale Swordsman ==> Ravinale Myrmidon
Ravinale Spearman ==> Ravinale Elite
Ravinale Bowman ==> Ravinale Sniper

Quote from: Frosty on February 13, 2010, 07:55:22 PM
White Shadowling:
Health: 80
Attacks: Mind Blast (Damage: 13) and Light Blast (Damage: 20)

White Shadowling Elite:
Health: 120
Attacks: Mind Blast (Damage: 17), Light Blast (Damage: 24 Range:2), Shockwave (Damage: 20 Omnidirectional Range: 2), and Holy Blast (Damage: 26, Damage to all: 2)
Counter-Attack: Mindblast
Make their eyes blue and bodys white or something like that. Eliltes have bonemasks.
They are Shadowlings, so that means they use the Shadow Element.

SmartyPants

Thorny Vines is what the name implies. This Destructible Battlefield Object will only hurt players, if the player attacks it first.
Thorny Vines:
Health: 30
Speed: 0
Attacks: none
Counter-attacks: Prick (Range: 1, Damage: 5)
Immunity: Mental

You don't need a knife to be an Assassin.  Some humans use their speed and stealth alongside their psy powers to dispatch enemy units. (you can play human psy assassin in the Dual mode of TPRG2)
Psy Assassin
Health: 50
Speed: 4
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1, Damage: 10), Feedback (Range: 2, Healing/Damage: 15)

cyso

The thorny vines seems like a pretty neat idea. It would really be annoying if you had to take a spot that was occupied by thorns.
I think there already are psy assassins.

I was reading the story The Reign of Nelis the Merciless. I was wondering if you could have a golem similar to the cannon golem in the story. It would able to attack units from a rooftop and keep relatively safe. It would be quite annoying to kill.
Cannon Golem: Health: 33
Speed: 1
Attack: (I know I need a better name)
Spike Shot: Range: 2 Damage: 10
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Zhampir

Quote from: yogc on February 14, 2010, 09:56:59 PM
I was reading the story The Reign of Nelis the Merciless. I was wondering if you could have a golem similar to the cannon golem in the story. It would able to attack units from a rooftop and keep relatively safe. It would be quite annoying to kill.
Attack: (I know I need a better name)
Spike Shot: Range: 2 Damage: 10

how about "Cannon Blast"?

Frosty

Quote from: im2smart4u on February 14, 2010, 11:59:12 AM
They are Shadowlings, so that means they use the Shadow Element
Nelis and Tastiadan don't use shadow, and every rule has some exeptions.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

KZ

I agree with im2smart4u here: the idea of a Shadowling using a different element has been discussed, but the general feeling was that it didn't make that much sense. Tastidian and Nelis are the most powerful Shadowling Psys out there, Tastidian has Shadwo resistance, only because they're such powerful Psys can they learn attacks of another element. Making a common enemy with another element will be belittling their uniqueness, to say the least. Also, Spriggats are also element-bound, so why shouldn't the Shadowlings all have Shadow affinity (note that it only implies easier-to-master attacks of certain elements, and isn't excluding all others, just making attacks of other elements insanely difficult to learn for anyone, but the most powerful representatives of the race).

A counter-attack only battlefield object is an interesting tactical addition: after all, one can use it to one's advanatge by attacking it and forcing it to inflict damage on your teammate and any other enemy within range (as a must-have add on in description: "use with caution" ;) ). I like the idea.

Psy Assassin: why not, why not- having a mobile enemy with Feedback will be a nie challenge, plus the enemy type was featured in TRPG2 Psy Duel mode, which would be a nice reference for those who truly explored the Telepath universe.  It seems feasible that during the journeys around Cera Bella the Hero can encounter at least one Himan Psy Assassin.

Given how the game will be of a certain quality, I am still hopefull that the Shadowling Assassin will also make it into the game, as it will be quite nice to have an enemy that cannot be easily cornered and can backstab (via Shadowport 2) at any opportunity- a very powerful opponent, methinks.

The "Guardian/VOid BUg" seems to be getting general approval. Thus, what name should be given to the unit?
Here is the latest suggestion of the stats for the bug:

Health: 70
Speed: 5
Attacks: Double Strike (Range-1 space in front. Damage-18)
Counter-attack: Melee (Same as normal slash. Damage-9 or 11)

What do you think of health: is that too high? Methinks the damage can be roughly within twice the range of what a usual Shadow Bug can do. Also, Double Strike seems fitting as it shows that the Guardian Bug is more experienced and over the years learned how to strike at the enemy much faster. Thoughts, folks?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

cyso

I decided the Cannon Golem would be too easy to kill with Rahel, so I gave it a longer ranged attack.
Attack: Cannon Blast: Range: 2 Damage: 10
Cannon Blast 2: Range: 3 Damage: 10

hellboy222

yeah I think that's good KZ , maybe his speed should be lower because since he's been around longer he would move slower what do you think?

KZ

Oh, woops, I accidently didn't set the speed right: the speed should read 3, to make it easier for CraigStern to simply adopt alerady-existing AI (as most work on speed 3).
In my opinion, those bugs are still in their prime, jsut simply more experienced, not yet beginning to wane, hunters.
Thus,here is the amended version:

The "Guardian/VOid BUg" seems to be getting general approval. Thus, what name should be given to the unit?
Here is the latest suggestion of the stats for the bug:

Health: 70
Speed: 3
Attacks: Double Strike (Range-1 space in front. Damage-18)
Counter-attack: Melee (Same as normal slash. Damage-9 or 11)

I'd like to hear opinions from a few more of view before posting this in the formulated enemy ideas thread (just so that we all agree and like this ;) ).
Welcome to the forums!

cyso

Assuming the Guardian/Void bug appears only where there is a colony/ a queen, then I think they should be called guardian bugs.
If the guardian/void bug will appear just as an "upgrade" to the shadow bug, then I think the name guardian bug wouldn't make sense. For example, it wouldn't have made sense in TRPG 2 if the "shadowling guardians" had appeared outside of Somnus. It depends on how you use them.

Zhampir

KZ seems to want some sort of veteran bug, I'm looking for a big buff soldier bug. You know, there are small ants, fire ants, ants that fly, and giant soldier ants.