News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ

Thanks, folks!
I'd also rather not fight a Helenite, but you never know! ;)
So far, 7 people (ie everyone who voiced their opinion) is for this enemy- let's hear from one or two more people, and I'll add this to formulated!
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

Mechanic Legionary

These armoured warriors don't pack much of a punch but they have high health and hard to kill. They wear heavy armour from head to toe, and the carry a heavy shield and a sword.

Health: 60
Speed: 2
Attacks: Melee (Range 1, Damage: 6)
Resistance: Physical
Immunity: None

Now they are just extremly hard to kill people, and the shield is just more of a back-drop. Do people like this idea better
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

ArtDrake

Do you think they should have other resistances? A shield could help out with a few things.

Zackirus

Well, Most Mechanics have light protection so I guess he could have light protection
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

Well, I think having one resistance is enough for a unit- no other unit has more than that. Not all mechanics have Light Resistance: only one unit, in fact, the Marksman.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

ArtDrake

Sorry; I had ghosts on the brain, what with the Greaters having Physical Immunity and Cold resist.

Zackirus

Quote from: KZ on September 04, 2010, 01:38:54 PM
Well, I think having one resistance is enough for a unit- no other unit has more than that. Not all mechanics have Light Resistance: only one unit, in fact, the Marksman.

I said Most Mechanics have light resistance. Anyway, does everyone like the new idea or are their things still needed to be changed?

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on September 04, 2010, 01:31:59 PM
Mechanic Legionary

These armoured warriors don't pack much of a punch but they have high health and hard to kill. They wear heavy armour from head to toe, and the carry a heavy shield and a sword.

Health: 60
Speed: 2
Attacks: Melee (Range 1, Damage: 6)
Resistance: Physical
Immunity: None

Now they are just extremly hard to kill people, and the shield is just more of a back-drop. Do people like this idea better
I still have the same issues.  I don't think non-spirits should have Physical Resistance.  High health combined with low attack damage is more of an annoyance then a threat.  Why Legionary?  Wouldn't a more appropriate name be Mechanic Major or Mechanic Colonel?

KZ

Legionary was suggested due to heavy armor effectively taking part of the damage. It certainly makes sense that a special unit, with very heavy armor (hence also slow) will be there- a bit like the Ghost Knight. Major or Colonel does make more sense.
Welcome to the forums!

Zackirus

Quote from: im2smart4u on September 04, 2010, 01:58:36 PM
I don't think non-spirits should have Physical Resistance.
Why can't non-spirits have Physical Resistance? I mean if you hit something really hard with your sword your sword could break.
High health combined with low attack damage is more of an annoyance then a threat.
They aren't offensive units, their defensive units. How would you feel if you add to take 2 of them own with their own healers and archers. If you try to kill them then other enemies kill you.
Why Legionary?  Wouldn't a more appropriate name be Mechanic Major or Mechanic Colonel?
I think Legionary sounds cooler than Major or Colonel

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on September 04, 2010, 02:06:12 PM
Why can't non-spirits have Physical Resistance? I mean if you hit something really hard with your sword your sword could break.
That sound more like high health to resistance to physical attacks.  Spirits are physically resistant, because thier bodies are not solid.  Solid enemies shouldn't have physical resistance.

Quote from: Zackirus on September 04, 2010, 02:06:12 PM.
High health combined with low attack damage is more of an annoyance then a threat.
They aren't offensive units, their defensive units. How would you feel if you add to take 2 of them own with their own healers and archers. If you try to kill them then other enemies kill you.
Ignore them and attack the healers and archers.  They are much of threat anyway.

Why Legionary?  Wouldn't a more appropriate name be Mechanic Major or Mechanic Colonel?
Even though you like the name better, it is not appropriate name for Mechanic's miltary ranking system.

Zackirus

Quote from: im2smart4u on September 04, 2010, 02:14:29 PM
That sound more like high health to resistance to physical attacks.  Spirits are physically resistant, because thier bodies are not solid.  Solid enemies shouldn't have physical resistance.

Yes but as I said, if you slash your sword against something hard it isn't going to do much damage and it much break your sword.

Quote from: Zackirus on September 04, 2010, 02:06:12 PM.
Ignore them and attack the healers and archers.  They are much of threat anyway.

Yes but what if the archers and healers are behind them.

XXXXX
XOHOX
XOAOX
XSOSX
XXMXX
OOGOO
X= Wall, O= Blank Space, H= Healer, A= Archer, S= Swordsmen, M= Mechanic Major, G= Griffin

That makes them pretty much a un-killable wall. Even if you were able to get past him you would be pretty weak from fighting him and then the swordsmen would kill you.

Even though you like the name better, it is not appropriate name for Mechanic's miltary ranking system.

Mechanic Major it is then. (Though I never planned for them to be higher up then Captain)

Since we can't figure this out why don't we ask other people what they think about this.

- Lord Canada

KZ

Anyone else would like to have their say about the Helenite Captain (see previous page)?
If not, it's unanimous "yay" and I'll add that to formulated later on.

For the enemy unit, this Mechanic "Major", what function will this unit perform in battle? It can be used as a tank in bottle-necks for protecting ranged units from melee attacks, but then there is the Mech. Captain for that, and would the Mechanics organisation have grown so big as to have a need for a "major"?
Welcome to the forums!

Zackirus

Well, Something has to be above the Captain. I would also assume that if you were to take on the Mechanics main base if could possibility find these guys.

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on September 04, 2010, 02:53:51 PMFor the enemy unit, this Mechanic "Major", what function will this unit perform in battle? It can be used as a tank in bottle-necks for protecting ranged units from melee attacks, but then there is the Mech. Captain for that, and would the Mechanics organisation have grown so big as to have a need for a "major"?
A miltiary force must have a command struture.  There is likely a Mechanic General at the top (maybe Sibelius at some point).

"Nay" for Zackirus' Mechanic Thing