News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Holy namelesskitty

Fine, but the rest of us can vote how we like. What if I change it to three but pounce can move one or two spaces.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

KZ

I agree with im2smart4u in terms of enemy speed- that will require a lot of coding by Craig, which makes chances of the enemy getting into the game quite slim ab initio.

Not sure about the cat- would it really fit that nicely into a square?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on September 06, 2010, 01:51:53 PMNot sure about the cat- would it really fit that nicely into a square?
That was going to be my second point.  The enemy needs to look roundish or squareish from above. Cats, wolves, horses, and other four-legged mammels don't really fit properly in the square.

Ertxiem

Since we have a new AI for TSoG that may be able to deal with faster enemies, I asked Craig:
Quote from: Ertxiem on September 06, 2010, 02:47:15 PM
Is the new AI from TSoG able to command (intelligently) units with speed 5 or above or should we forget making such suggestions for TSoG?

About the Wild Cat idea, I would like to see something like it. However, I didn't like the pounce attack.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

The Holy namelesskitty

Perhaps the cat could sit while not moving, as for pounce, I rather like it, because it can be positive (it moves extra) or negative (cannot fire over places such as water, but that all can change because what I really want to see is just some sort of cat in TSoG.

Zackirus

I really don't like the Cat idea as the ponce would take a lot of coding for the cat to use it right.

was thinking about Shadow Bugs when I realized something. There are a lot of similarities between the bug(s) and ants. However, there are ants with wings, so why aren't there bugs with wings?

Floating Bug- These bugs have grown wings for use. They also have developed harder pinschers so they can not only just attack the space in front of them. They are usually found with soliders as they help with catching prey.

Health: 50
Speed: 3
PsP: 0
Attacks: Pinscher Crush (Range: 1-3 across, Damage: 14)
Resistance: Light
Immunity: None

Pinscher Crush

OOOOO
OXXXO
OOFOO
OOOOO

What does everyone think?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

The Holy namelesskitty

I don't know about pinscer crash, it seems illogical.

Zackirus

I added the pinscher crush so that the unit wouldn't just be like a bug only with wings. Although from teraing at meat all day your pinschers are bound to get stronger.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

The Holy namelesskitty

Yeah, but those would have to be some fracking big pincers.

MikeW781

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on September 06, 2010, 01:13:36 PM
exactly, if you insist then I can reduce it to six speed, but I've been outrun by house cats many times, and yes I was thinking along the same lines as duckling.
A cat can only outrun a human for extremely short distances. Humans are actually, when well trained, the best developed species for distance running.
Aside from that, I dislike the idea because it has no background plot, and adds no originality, which would be required of an enemy that forces craig to both make an enemy with such high speeds and the pounce attack. Finally, I don't want this to be the RPG where you end up fighting common household animals because the makers didn't have any original ideas. The current enemy palette is interesting and formidable, and should be kept that way.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

The Holy namelesskitty

A sand cat would be like a mix of a cheetah and a lynx, not a house cat, also movement is reduced to three, but pounce can move two.

ArtDrake

Some assassin enemies planned to have Leap, right? And the creature, while for aesthetic reasons, ought to fit nicely on the square, can go out of the edges from a practical perpective, like in VNOG

Ertxiem

The flying bug could spray some toxic gases instead, like an enlarged version of the bombardier beetle. After reading the Wikipedia, I found that the toxic gases are quite hot, thus the attack could have the fire affinity.

The main problem is that the bombardier beetle doesn't fly and it would be hard to explain how can a giant bug fly.

Is the cat found in the desert or is it used by some race (like the scorpions are used by some tribes)?
Ert, the Dead Cow.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on September 06, 2010, 03:16:25 PM
I really don't like the Cat idea as the ponce would take a lot of coding for the cat to use it right.

was thinking about Shadow Bugs when I realized something. There are a lot of similarities between the bug(s) and ants. However, there are ants with wings, so why aren't there bugs with wings?

Floating Bug- These bugs have grown wings for use. They also have developed harder pinschers so they can not only just attack the space in front of them. They are usually found with soliders as they help with catching prey.

Health: 50
Speed: 3
PsP: 0
Attacks: Pinscher Crush (Range: 1-3 across, Damage: 14)
Resistance: Light
Immunity: None

Pinscher Crush
OOOOO
OXXXO
OOFOO
OOOOO
I will say Yay is you lower the damage, the health and remove light resistance.  There are too many ultra powerful units being suggeted. I would just call the attack "Pinscher" and let the crush be assumed.

Ertxiem

I forgot to say that the light resistance doesn't make much sense.

Expanding a bit on what I said before, I'm thinking of a bombardier flying bug (perhaps sand coloured with some redder areas in it) that is able to spray a very hot toxic gas. It may have fire affinity.
Ert, the Dead Cow.