News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ

Ironically enough, the most attacks of any given element belong to the light affinity.
I think that mobile, mass produced version of Dorgon for Helenites can at least start to atone for this. We also might get a White Cape from academy with Light Bomb. Light Spriggat was suggested. Can't really see any Shadowlings with Shockwave- that seems to be Tastidian's unique light attack (that is to say, I'd like to see it used, but not by Shadowlings).
There is ample possibility of having Light Bomb used by a Ravinale Acolyte.
What area of enemy classes didn't I cover yet which might have Light attacks?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

The Holy namelesskitty

Maybe there could be a sort of light bug, one that sort of flashbangs you, just a thought though.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

bugfartboy

The mutated lightning bug. A firefly?

ArtDrake

Hmm... I think that falls under the category of fighting animals because the forum users couldn't think of anything better. Not my words.

The Holy namelesskitty

More like a cicada crossed with a lightning bug times a thousand ant inherntly bad tempered.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

KZ

I think if we are to add a new animal, we'll have to very carefully think over why we are doing so and what's the reason for us to add that animal into TSoG.
For instance, we've discussed expanding the Shadow Bug set. We also came up with new animals for Gelf pets (the bird). The Tig came around because people agreed that there should be something between the Energy Golem and an inanimate object. What reason can we give for another animal?

Right now I cannot think of an enemy set where we can plunk in an enemy with a light-based attack.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

Floating Bug

These bugs have grown wings for use. They also have developed harder pinschers so they can not only just attack the space in front of them. They are usually found with soliders as they help with catching prey. They also have a nasty, hot, gas that they can fire which they can use to take down prey!

Health: 40
Speed: 3
PsP: 0
Attacks: Pinscher (Range: 1-3 across, Damage: 10), Fire/Gas Gush (Range: 1, Damage: 12)
Resistance: Fire
Immunity: None

Pinscher

OOOOO
OXXXO
OOFOO
OOOOO

What does everyone think of this bug?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

Hmm... I can't say. I sounds decent. But why wouldnt the gas do the three instead of the pinschers?

Zackirus

Because the gas would be fired out from the bugs mouth and it would travel straight not go off to the sides.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

But even gas spreads itself out. Isn't it called diffusion? Or am I getting my science terms wrong again?

Ertxiem

I know it complicates things a bit (at least in the animation of the attack), but I would like to point out that the bombardier beetle elevates itself and ejects it's attack from the rear tip of its abdomen.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Zackirus

Lets just pretend that this bug can shoot the fire our of its mouth, not its abdomen.

- Lord Canada

KZ

Can't say I like the bug much- there isn't really a reason for it to be included in TSoG. But if it does go through, I'm with Ert on the abdonmen issue- more original that way (even if harder to animate).
Welcome to the forums!

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on September 07, 2010, 05:52:13 PM
Floating Bug

These bugs have grown wings for use. They also have developed harder pinschers so they can not only just attack the space in front of them. They are usually found with soliders as they help with catching prey. They also have a nasty, hot, gas that they can fire which they can use to take down prey!

Health: 40
Speed: 3
PsP: 0
Attacks: Pinscher (Range: 1-3 across, Damage: 10), Fire/Gas Gush (Range: 1, Damage: 12)
Resistance: Fire
Immunity: None

Pinscher

OOOOO
OXXXO
OOFOO
OOOOO

What does everyone think of this bug?
I don't se the need for the Gush attack and fire resistance, but I will vote "Yay" anyway.

ArtDrake