News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

I concur, however, I think the Helenites need another golem? Anyone have any ideas for one?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

The Holy namelesskitty

Yeah, maybe an arrow golem, it shoots arrows which have a range of two in all directions maybe.

On the note of the war engine, they don't have that sort of technology in the telepath universe, 5 is way too fast

And about my traps, is the way I put their damage how everyone else imagined them?
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

bugfartboy

Fire Golem- Chunks of flammable stone passing through a contained internal fire inside a golem which then alight and are launched at a high speed through a chute in the direction of the enemy, hitting at range 2, effectively giving said golem fire blast. The golem is also equipped with a flame thrower to give it fire breath.

Fire Golem-(Insert Faction Here)

Speed-1 (due to the amount of stone inside it)
Health-30
Attacks-Fire Blast (range 2, damage 7); Fire Breath (range 1-2, damage 6)

[spoiler=A Side Note]I was also wondering if this one could be limited by Psi Points due to the fact that the golem can only carry so much stone.[/spoiler]

And Nameless, I'm sorry but I'm getting tired of seeing the traps every time I blink. It may just be sleep deprivation but I really hate the idea right now. Maybe they should be on hold for the next game or something.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Bugfartboy on October 09, 2010, 10:38:37 PM
Fire Golem- Chunks of flammable stone passing through a contained internal fire inside a golem which then alight and are launched at a high speed through a chute in the direction of the enemy, hitting at range 2, effectively giving said golem fire blast. The golem is also equipped with a flame thrower to give it fire breath.

Fire Golem-(Insert Faction Here)

Speed-1 (due to the amount of stone inside it)
Health-30
Attacks-Fire Blast (range 2, damage 7); Fire Breath (range 1-2, damage 6)
Why do you try to make things so complicated?  Keep it simple.  Just have a Stone Golem with a flame thrower attachment.

Flame Golem- Some stone golems have been updated with powerful flame throwers.
Health: 34
Speed: 1
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1, Damage: 9) Fire Breath (Range: 1-2, Damage: 6)

Duskling

Quote from: im2smart4u on October 10, 2010, 12:41:26 AM
Why do you try to make things so complicated?  Keep it simple.  Just have a Stone Golem with a flame thrower attachment.

I support this idea, simple, makes sense, done.

MikeW781

Quote from: Duskling on October 09, 2010, 09:16:56 PM
Quote from: Zackirus on October 09, 2010, 06:08:14 PM
Mike: I was thinking a Regular Helenite Solider could have the stats of (Hard):

Health: 30
Speed: 3
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1; Damage: 12)
Counter Attack: Melee (Range 1; Damage 12)
Resistance: none
Immunity: none

While maybe a Regular Helenite Medic might have:

Health: 40
Attacks: Mind Shield (Range: 1; Heals: 12)

So the Combat Medic's Health is a an average of the the two: 35

[spoiler]On a side note: I think that the Helenite Units (All of Them) need a revamp so they are around the same level

Helenite Solider

Attacks: Melee (Range: 1; Damage: 12)
Counter Attack: Melee (Range 1; Damage 12)

Helenite Medic

Health: 40
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1; Damage 6), Mind Shield (Range: 1; Heals: 12)

Helenite Captain

Health: 50
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1; Damage: 15), Whirlwind (Range: Omnidirectional; Damage: 13)
Counter Attack: Melee (Range: 1; Damage 15)

Helenite Combat-Medic

Health: 35
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1; Damage 10) Mind Shield (Range: 1; Heals: 10)
Counter-Attack: (Range: 1; Damage: 10)
Resistance: None
Immunity: None

Gliding Archer

Health: 25
Speed: 3 (Flying)
Attacks: Crossbow (Range: 2; Damage 13) Crossbow 2 (Range: 3; Damage: 13)
Resistance: Light

Wood Golem

Speed: 2
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1; Damage: 14)

Dorgon Golem

Attacks: Laser Blast (Range: 1-11; Damage: 12), Burst Shot (Range: 1-3 horizontal, 2 Spaces; Damage: 14)
[/spoiler]
Well, I think that, instead of Mind Shield, the Helenite Medic should have something like "Patch Up," which I believe was a suggested attack for the Mechanic Medic, as they are mostly mercenaries, just like the Mechanics, and shouldn't have as many Psys on their side. Dorgon in TRPG2 had a melee attack, and since the supported Dorgon Golem of TSoG is based on Dorgon, he should have a melee attack as well. I think the Wood Golem should have 28 health instead of 30, as it should be a tad bit weaker than the Energy Golem and also weaker than the Dorgon Golem, as it is made out of wood, and shouldn't do more damage than the Stone Golem (9), because it is, again, made of wood. The Combat-Medic should do 8 damage, as a Medic of any sort being stronger than a Stone Golem is pretty silly. With a few tweaks here and there, this would make a pretty convincing Helenite force, but that's just my opinion, I'm sure someone *Cough*im2smart4u*Cough* will have a different side on this.
Agreed on all counts, but I don't particularly care for the Wood Golem; it seems out of place and unreal. A golem made of wood? I don't remember the inital vote/ discussion for this unit, but I am against it. Otherwise, all is okay with me.

Quote from: Duskling on October 10, 2010, 12:48:19 AM
Quote from: im2smart4u on October 10, 2010, 12:41:26 AM

I support this idea, simple, makes sense, done.
I agree with Duskling here.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

ArtDrake

Nameless, you may note that

a) I recently said that it would have speed 4.

b) Even if it did have speed 5, it would never use it, much like most speed 3 units almost never use their speed 3.

c) Too advanced?? They have Golems, which humans have never been able to do, mythology aside.

bugfartboy

I'm against the war engine completely. And I thought something could have fire blast. What about the Freezer Golem? Ice blast and frost breath with a weak melée attack. And the body of a stone golem except maybe with light blue mist around it.

The Holy namelesskitty

Quote from: Duckling on October 10, 2010, 08:00:04 AM
...c) Too advanced?? They have Golems, which humans have never been able to do, mythology aside.

they have psys too, and guess what do you see any skyscrapers? cars? computers? no. I can say that they do not have technology so much as they have mythology.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Duskling

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on October 10, 2010, 09:17:23 AM
Quote from: Duckling on October 10, 2010, 08:00:04 AM
...c) Too advanced?? They have Golems, which humans have never been able to do, mythology aside.

they have psys too, and guess what do you see any skyscrapers? cars? computers? no. I can say that they do not have technology so much as they have mythology.
I'm sensing a negative tone as to how you're saying this, let's have debates, not arguments, alright? Now, more on topic, I don't see a compromise in the War Engine's "Rust" attack, care to explain it some more?

bugfartboy

What about the Frost Golem?

Duskling

Make it like im2smart4u's Fire Golem, and that's that.

bugfartboy

No ability to shoot ice? It would look mostly like a stone golem.

Duskling

It's your idea, edit any way you like, the other post was just my general advice.

cyso

What would the flame golem look like? I'm guessing it would have a gauntlet on one hand, and have the other one for punching stuff. I don't think the golem needs to be able to shoot ice. The other hand should be for punching stuff, since punching with the gauntlet hand might damage the flame thrower. (kinda a weak argument, I know)
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?