News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrono

By Pyro Cross I meant the Pyro version of the Cryo Cross. As for your idea, Grenade doesn't sound right now that I think about it. The enemy is a Flame Golem, not a Military Golem. Explosive Throw / Flame Toss work better methinks. Also on a side note, this shouldn't really belong to new teammate attack ideas now that I think about it.
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

ArtDrake

I am against the huge range. You suggest that having inhuman strength will allow you to move one's arm faster. But you are one of the people who said that my Siege Ballista was too fast, but the fact is, both are made by mechanics, and I would say if one can't be fast, the other can't be fast.

Chrono

Oh, you finally named it something appropriate :-[ by the way, your Siege Ballista itself was already moving fast with a speed of "4", technically 3. But the Flame Golem still moves with a speed of 1. And both have ranged attacks. So I don't think it is unfair in any way, comparing it with your Siege Ballista.

[/spoiler]

ArtDrake

No, but a couple of posts back (say, 10?) Buggy was saying that it would have an awesome throwing distance due to its inhuman strength, and all I'm saying it that if inhuman strength and power turns into high speed in throwing for him, by Jupiter, it should allow a siege ballista to go quickly, too. So it isn't "too fast". Sorry to kind of necropost that idea.

Attached is what it would have looked like, for those of you for whom imagination does not suffice.

Chrono

If you don't like the idea of having ranged attacks that much, then my "Pyro Cross" (I really need to give it another name) or any downsized version of it should work. But as you can see, Buggy's idea isn't getting much support either.

EDIT: By the way, he kind of exaggerated the point. He did mention a space of 3, where the epicenter is, but as I already said, throwing grenades make the Flame Golem behave more like a Military Golem, which wouldn't make much sense. In any case, I did rename the attack for "grenade".
EDIT2: If you still don't like what I just said, then go for a similar but smaller version of Cryo Cross, as I mentioned on the top of this post.

[/spoiler]

ArtDrake

Okay, I think I'll pretend not to be confuzzled right now...

I'm just kind of against the grenades, 'cause the mechanics seem to be at about mid-19th c tech-wise. Modern-day grenades require C4.

Chrono

Which is what I said, so scratch grenades and pretend we were talking about throwing, say, a fireball or something. Which is still what I said:
Quote from: Chrono on October 11, 2010, 10:12:27 PM
As for your idea, Grenade doesn't sound right now that I think about it. The enemy is a Flame Golem, not a Military Golem. Explosive Throw / Flame Toss work better methinks.
Grats on making Blue Cape by the way.

[/spoiler]

ArtDrake

What is the Golem throwing, exactly? Golems don't have Psy powers... unless a powerful Heat Psy charged their capacitor with Heat Psy force, and made the right adjustments-- so they couldn't be throwing pure fire, 'cause the Mechanics and Helenites are a mercenary group, and have few to no Psys in their ranks.

Are they throwing pitch? Wood? Hot rocks?

Chrono

Ask Buggy on that, but I'm assuming it has to do with the Flame Golem's Fire Breath.

[/spoiler]

SmartyPants

Quote from: im2smart4u on October 11, 2010, 08:22:12 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on October 10, 2010, 12:41:26 AMWhy do you try to make things so complicated?  Keep it simple.  Just have a Stone Golem with a flame thrower attachment and a capacitor.

Flame Golem- Some stone golems have been updated with powerful flame throwers.
Health: 34
Speed: 1
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1, Damage: 9) Fire Breath (Range: 1-2, Damage: 6)
Time to vote. Yay or Nay?

Yay:
im2smart4u
Duskling
MikeW781
Chrono

Nay:
Bugfartboy (because he wants add a fire fart)
Any more votes?

The Holy namelesskitty

THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

bugfartboy

On the topic of the "Gernade", it's not really a modern day Gernade. It's an old type of Gernade. Practically anything explosive is what it throws. If they have steam engines by now shouldn't they have discovered dynamite or another kind of explosive substance? And im2smart4u, the "Fire Fart" is not what is being discussed so stop being a *female mother dog* and try to consider new ideas. And Duckling, the explosive wouldn't be that heavy, so it COULD throw an inhuman distance, but the weight of the Flame Golem would keep it slow. And the Gernade would be very weak to have such a big range. Though, I see a lot of you discrediting it just because of the range. I guess we better talk to Craig about shortening Light Bombs range too then huh?

ArtDrake

It's "Grenade". Please get it right; it's bothering me.

And who said anything about explosives? The only explosives I've seen in TRPG are Psy-related. Until we have evidence, analogous or otherwise, (like, they're blast-mining) I'd prefer not to make the assumption that they have explosives, as it might be a major story point later.

Zackirus

I'm yay for the Flame Golem (Simple Version)
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

ArtDrake

Yay for simple version. I still don't get why Buggy version has stuff that it's throwing. Where does it keep its ammo?