News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cypher

bugfartboy

Which one? Mine with another, more unique attack, or im2smart4u's?

SmartyPants

Quote from: im2smart4u on October 11, 2010, 08:22:12 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on October 10, 2010, 12:41:26 AMWhy do you try to make things so complicated?  Keep it simple.  Just have a Stone Golem with a flame thrower attachment and a capacitor.

Flame Golem- Some stone golems have been updated with powerful flame throwers.
Health: 34
Speed: 1
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1, Damage: 9) Fire Breath (Range: 1-2, Damage: 6)
Time to vote. Yay or Nay?

Yay:
im2smart4u
Duskling
MikeW781
Chrono
Cypher
Duckling
Zackirus
The Holy namelesskitty

Nay:
Bugfartboy
With 8 yays and only 1 nay, there are enough votes to formulate the Flame Golem.

bugfartboy

How do you know that all of the yays were for yours? And I'm mad that you didn't even give me credit for coming up with the original idea.

Chrono

Hold it im2smart4u, I only voted yay when Buggy wanted "fire fart". Sorry for not telling you earlier, but if it's not too late, please put me on the maybe side.
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

It's not. Sure he's already put it in "Formulated Enemy Ideas":
Quote from: im2smart4u on October 12, 2010, 08:38:48 PM
To make a Stone Golem more lethal, a flame thrower attachment and a capacitor could be installed.

Flame Golem
Health: 34
Speed: 1
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1, Damage: 9) Fire Breath (Range: 1-2, Damage: 6)

But that doesn't mean that it can't be deleted and or modified. And I don't think Cypher said what he was specifically voting for.

Chrono

Thing is, I don't know if he's willing to do that...

[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

He's not. He can be really stubborn. But what about the channeler golem. A golem that is being controlled by a Psi to act as that Psi's "Avatar". It would have a weak mind blast and such and maybe an equally weak feedback but it would have low mobility and highish health. And it would only be seen when the Mercenaries are working for a Psi enabled group, seeing as the Mechanics themselves are not much for Psis.

Chrono

Wait, this means that the golems just became weaker :o
EDIT: Just to be sure, I need to see the attack/stats.

[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

Yeah. Bad idea. How often would that even happen? Maybe im2smart4u's golem could be a normal flame golem but there could be Pyro Golems with the grenades, flamethrower, and exaust attack as well as a weaker melée attack.

Chrono

If you're still working on that, how about my old idea?

Vengeful Ghost
HP: 50 45
PsP: N/A
Speed: 3 2
Attacks

• Mind Blast (Damage: 18, Range: 1)
  • Feedback (Damage: 20, Range: 2)
  • Vengeance (Damage: 16, Range: 1-3)
Resistance: Physical

More lethal and durable than the Greater Ghost, the Vengeful Ghost could come in higher level crypts, and/or in later missions.

[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

All ghosts have Physical Resistance. Just comes with the territory. But drop the speed down to 2 and the health to 45, and you'll have a yay from me. Maybe really.

Chrono

Quote from: Bugfartboy on October 12, 2010, 11:09:47 PM
All ghosts have Physical Resistance. Just comes with the territory. But drop the speed down to 2 and the health to 45, and you'll have a yay from me. Maybe really.
Whoops, forgot to add it in. I did do it the first time though.

[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

I just mentioned the resistance because I thought that originally you had planned on removing it.

Chrono

No, I don't know what went wrong with me. Naturally I wouldn't exclude physical resistance if it were a ghost.

[/spoiler]