News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on October 16, 2010, 09:22:21 PMMaybe he could show up at Shadowboxer and Darkling's bar... A bouncer ought to be able to take some hits, right?
What is the need for a powerful bouncer?  Shadowboxer and Darkling own a bar; not a club.  Also, the brothers are both powerful enough to deal with any drunks or hoodlums.

Quote from: Duckling on October 17, 2010, 12:42:45 PM
Why? Darkling wasn't a particularly exceptional shadowling, and he could learn Feedback. The name sucks, but I could fix that.
Feedback is a skill Psy Assassins use, because it a personal way to kill thier target.  Shadowlings Psy Fighters tend to use powerful shadow attacks.  Since you are suggesting a powerful shadowling psy fighter, then he shoud use powerful shadow attacks.

Since you are not going to get the nearly unanimous vote needed to get formulated, then it is time to give up.

bugfartboy

Unless Sam the Unheard decides to chip in entirely in your favor. What are the thoughts for the Vengeful Spirit?

ArtDrake

Well, im2smart4u, aren't you just mister positive today, hmm?

Anyway, the bar thing was just a joke, and bars have bouncers too. Maybe they wouldn't bother with drunks.

There are multiple problems with your statement. First, I never said anything about the Shadowling being a particularly powerful Psy. I simply said that a particularly powerful shadowling could learn Vengeance, were they so inclined. However, the Shadowling with feedback doesn't have to be.

Second, you've managed to, for the fifth time and counting, quote me and say something that has nothing to do with the quote in context. I was saying that you don't need to be exceptional to have Feedback as a shadowling, and you were saying stuff about powerful ones. My point is that some shadowlings other than Darkling could learn Feedback, but not Shadowport, because it's rather difficult to code. You guys were yay on adding an enemy with a teammate's attacks in TRPG2 with your Flame Golem with a flamethrower, but now you're against a shadowling with the easy-to-learn (with a bit of training, but you'd also need that for Dark Vortex, and that's already been established) Feedback.

And while I'm posting, you don't join a dependent clause to an independent one with a semicolon; you should use a comma.

bugfartboy

Duckling, do a Buggy and give it up. It's a hopeless cause.

The Holy namelesskitty

THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

Do an epic fail, he says. (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist and I like my idea)

I honestly don't see the difference. You guys have been proposing other characters of classes from TRPG2 having attacks from their corresponding players in the game, and I think this is just as valid. Maybe it can be one of the attacks of the shadowling assassin in TRPG4, 'cause I think we already have Psy assassins not having Feedback. But ya know how the academy set has Blue Cape (Light) and other capes, and other elements? What if we say Psy Assassin (Feedback), like the two skill branches for Darkling?

ArtDrake

May I count you as a yay?

SmartyPants

Nay. I am not enthusiastic enough about it for a yay. (Why does it need such high health when it has feedback?)
I abstain from voting.

ArtDrake

Okay. Well, the high health is mostly because other shadowlings with good attacks tend to have health in the fifties to eighties. My difficulty perspective is a bit warped, because I always play on Brutal.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on October 18, 2010, 05:21:35 PM
Okay. Well, the high health is mostly because other shadowlings with good attacks tend to have health in the fifties to eighties. My difficulty perspective is a bit warped, because I always play on Brutal.
If it has feedback, then it will keep healing itself.  That means if it starts with 65 heath, then it could end up taking over 100 damage.  You have to significantly lower the health.

bugfartboy

Unless you were to corner it, it would destroy you.

ArtDrake

Okay, I can see where we don't want every shadowling with a particular ability to be a bossfight... how about 35 health? That's about where Darkling and Shadowboxer are (if you don't overtrain like I do) by Mission 4, right?

And it wouldn't (necessarily) destroy you. If you had a healer, you could let most of your troops rest, while one Swordsman hacked away at it, being healed with long shield (so the shadowling doesn't go over and kill the healer), and attack it all at once.

Chrono

What's the Feedback damage again?
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

SmartyPants

I think is about time for you post new stats. (better name would be nice too).