News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

Quote from: KZ on March 15, 2010, 08:35:41 PM
Zackirus, unless I am much mistaken, this is the 4th time you're rephrasing what you've said before?

Wow the fourth Time, I never knew. I just want for people to see that my idea is Feasible
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

cyso

Well Zackirus, if it makes you happy, I think your idea is feasible (and yes, I am being sincere). I would go on and explain why your idea is feasible, but I imagine KZ wouldn't be too happy. I do think the counter attack should be removed, though.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

KZ

Fair enough: it has already been formalized though, so it's just minor tweaking here and there for the majority of the populace to be satiated with.
Mmm, yogc, what's with me not being happy about? I mean, as long as you put it into thread context, that's fine by me!

I take it most are against the conuter-attack, and some may have issues with the range of the unit? Can all who have an opinion please list changes and suggestions quickly below, so that we geta compilation and a quick decision on what to amend!
Personally, I'd remove the counter-attack, and I am pretty much neutral on the range issue.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

In Zackirus's defense, his idea was objected repeatedly by the same person with the same reasoning each time. If Zackirus did not reply in nearly the same manner each time then it would seem to someone that did not go back through the topic that the opposer was correct, when in fact, he had been proven wrong.

The range is fine at 1-2

cyso

I'm fine with everything but the counter attack.

KZ

Just to calarify: in keeping the range 1-2, or 1-3, the assumption is that piercing shot is used, rather than the standrad crossbow. So do you support the piercing shot idea then, Zhampir?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

How About This, New Preposed Stats:

Gilding Archer

Health: 25
Speed: 3
PsP: 0
Attacks: Piercing Shot (Range 1-2, Cost 0, Attack 14) Crowsbow 2 (Range 3, Cost 0, Attack 14)
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Zhampir

I support the piercing shot, Zack has relentlessly defended the idea.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zhampir on March 15, 2010, 09:30:21 PM
In Zackirus's defense, his idea was objected repeatedly by the same person with the same reasoning each time. If Zackirus did not reply in nearly the same manner each time then it would seem to someone that did not go back through the topic that the opposer was correct, when in fact, he had been proven wrong.
I keep find new reasons why Piercing Crossbow will not work, while Zackirus repeatively says "it will work".

You have to choose a light wieght crossbow that can be held by a glider or a heavy ballista that is stuck on the ground?

cyso

A light weight crossbow can pierce a target that is close enough. You keep on saying you need a ballista to penetrate a target. A ballista could easily penetrate a target 3 squares away. The crossbow is only penetrating something directly in front of it. It is very doable.

Zhampir

Ballistas are made to go through armored walls of a castle not through light weight armor. Piercing arrows designed as Zackirus described could easily have that effect. A light weight crossbow could utilizing barbs as such could go through two enemies as well. The continued discussion of how these arrows could not work is pointless. They can, they are logical, and it should be formulated. A ballista was never meant for taking out soldiers, they are too slow to maneuver and soldiers could easily move out of the way.

Presentiment

Read this article.

You can't shoot an arrow through two people.

If you want to keep it perhaps explain the glider has some resonance crystals and the pilot is a Psy? That way, piercing and counterattack can be explained.

KZ

How about using not just an arrow, but a reinforced bolt? A tad heavier, modified, etc, but that would pierce through more than one person, taking ballistics and a little belief into Mechanics being able to come up with a powerful and light launching mechanism.

Also, keeping this unit Psy-less, so that it can fit in with the mechanics, is everyone then against the counter-attacking part, at least?
Welcome to the forums!

Zackirus

Quote from: Presentiment on March 15, 2010, 09:53:54 PM

Its not an arrow remember, it is a bolt, a bolt is smaller and it can trave faster and pack more of a punch

- Lord Canada

Presentiment

You remember this thing needs to fly, right?

The contraption for shooting such a weapon will be similar to a ballista. It will be shot from the air, forcing the contraption to be stronger as the craft needs to keep stable.

Because too much of a weight at the front will cause it to nosedive, the weight will need to be evenly distributed along the craft.

Then it needs to be able to lift off, presumably without powerful engines. It will be in the air, which is a thousandth the density of water.

It's a glider, it needs to hold itself up. It will be huge.

And even assuming you can do all that, you need to be able to hover and accelerate/deaccelerate at will.

And even then, if you somehow manage to do a feat which even now we can't do with much control, you have to be accurate, and the cost can't be too prohibitive.

All in our universe's physics, of course, but I don't see any evidence pointing to the contrary in Cera Bella.

So why not just use a Psy and save the world with deus ex machina?

Quote from: Zackirus on March 15, 2010, 10:02:18 PM
Quote from: Presentiment on March 15, 2010, 09:53:54 PM

Its not an arrow remember, it is a bolt, a bolt is smaller and it can trave faster and pack more of a punch

What cow poop you spew out.