News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyso

Please try to be a tad bit more respectful.
I do agree that the enemy should be a psy, though.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Presentiment

A bolt is a big arrow.

If they were lighter and more effective arrows would never be used.

cyso

That is much more informative than what you said previously. Assuming the glider pilot is a psy, would you be for or against the idea?

Presentiment

Why. The. HellInferno. Is. Everyone. On. This. Forum. So. Patronizing.

I think it would be a good idea if the pilot was a psy, seeing as telekinesis explains everything in the Telepath Universe.

cyso

You really don't want to see just how not patronizing I can be.
This brings up a question: do the mechanics have psys in their ranks?

Presentiment

To hell Inferno with the Mechanics. Who says it's a Mechanic creation? And even so, the Mechanics used resonance crystals in golems.

SmartyPants

Quote from: yogc on March 15, 2010, 09:50:04 PM
A light weight crossbow can pierce a target that is close enough. You keep on saying you need a ballista to penetrate a target. A ballista could easily penetrate a target 3 squares away. The crossbow is only penetrating something directly in front of it. It is very doable.
So it could go through a person at very close range.
That means the stats are: Piercing Shot (Range 0.5-1, Attack 14)

Quote from: yogc on March 15, 2010, 10:17:45 PM
This brings up a question: do the mechanics have psys in their ranks?
I don't think psys would want to join the Mechanics.  There are probably better opportunities for psys then an organization that focuses on Golems instead of Psy Soldiers.

Presentiment

Modern tests with an armor-piercing bodkin arrow could not pierce plate armor at point blank range.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Presentiment on March 15, 2010, 10:33:08 PM
Modern tests with an armor-piercing bodkin arrow could not pierce plate armor at point blank range.
But the crossbow fires smaller, less powerful bolts. (Yes, I am making fun of the bolt argument)

Zackirus

Quote from: Presentiment on March 15, 2010, 10:33:08 PM

Most of the main characters are not wearing armour, a crowsbow bolt can go threw flesh and come out the other side
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Zhampir

Where does this "less powerful" come in to play? Bolts are much stronger than arrows fired from a longbow. Lightweight materials can be nearly just as effective as more heavy materials. Keep in mind this needs nowhere near the amount of strength that your idea of a ballista needs. Much more like a scorpio. Also the projectile is given a further boost of speed because of the speed of the launching devise. The vectors are added.
Thus the idea of a piercing bolt is feasible. as Zackirus points out the only people that have armor are the Cultist guards and the Mechanics, since the unit will be a Mechanic the issue of armor will likely not arise. Please limit the amount of rude comments. They are rather distasteful and only serve to ruin your argument.

Presentiment

Even if the target was naked, the arrow can go through them and someone behind them?

cyso

Well, for that matter, could a spear go through two people without some help? No. An arrow could go through people with some help from a psy.

Presentiment

And that point is irrelevant because Zhampir is trying to defend the feasibility of an archer without psy. 

cyso

Well, I personally think the archer should be a psy. It makes a lot more sense. It would be harder without a psy.