News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyso

The normal stats of 12 health and 2 damage seem about right. Personally, I think the name should be changed if you were fighting a group of people like the group in mission 4 to maybe Ravinale Cultist of Ravinale Mobster.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

ArtDrake

???

I would have to vote no on this. Swarm units aren't really well-fitting in a battle engine with room for only 10 units. An area attack could dispatch them too easily.

cyso

I think the idea is that they re-spawn if you don't kill them all in time, sort of like the battle outside of the bandit cave. If they appear early in the game, and are spread out among the map, they wouldn't be too bad. If they appeared too late in the game, they would be way too easy.

ArtDrake

But the beginning of the game is already done...

Zackirus

Where I think he is talking about is mission four as the people are about to attack you. That would be a good place to have them their. They could also appear in Al'al side mission's which, I am guessing, will take place over the entire game.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

I want to vote yes on this but I'm undecided on where they would go. Besides the Al'al sidequest, where would they appear? Maybe in the begger fight as citizens stupidly attempt to aid the guards in apprehending you. Just maybe?

The Holy namelesskitty

If we can think of more places to put them I'm all for this idea, but how many times will this charachter be needed?
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

bugfartboy

We probably don't know. Let's put this idea on hold for now. I like the concept but is it really needed?

Zackirus

Im2smart4u's Pirates

QuoteIn TRPG2, we learn that there are pirates in Cera Bella when we meet Pirate Pete.  The use of pirates could be used in missions at Ravinale Docks and missions at Lake Alto.

Pirate Cutlass- they have red bandanas on their heads and cutlass in their right hand.
Health: 26
Speed: 3
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1, Damage: 8 )

Pirate Knife Thrower- they have blue bandanas on their heads and a dagger in the right hand.
Health: 18
Speed: 2
Attacks: Fling (Range: 2, Damage: 10)
Counter-attack: Fling (Range: 2, Damage: 10)

Pirate Captain- The Captain has the same hat as Pirate Pete and has two cutlasses; one for each hand.
Health: 80
Speed: 3
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1, Damage, 8 ), Twin Slash (Range: rightward and leftward arc, Damage: 12)
Counter-attack: Melee (Range: 1, Damage: 8 )
Resistance: Mental

Duckling's Shadowling Assassian

QuotePsy Assassin (Feedback)
HP: 35
Move: 4
Attacks: Mind Blast (Damage: 10), Feedback (Returns up to: 16)
Resistance: Shadow
Flying
Counter: None

Yays for both (Plenty of other people voted for these as well)
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Zackirus

Pirates

Yay
• im2smart4u
• Namelesskitty
• Ert (Except Captain)
• Bugfartboy
• Zackirus

Nay
•N/A

Maybe
•N/A

Shadowling Assassian

Yay
•Buggy
•Duckling
•im2smart4u
•Chrono
•Namelesskitty
•Cypher
•Zackirus

Nay
•N/A

Maybe
•N/A

- Lord Canada

cyso

Yay for shadowling assassin, it has enough to be formulated. Maybe for pirates.

Zackirus

- Lord Canada

cyso

All of them. I'm leaning towards yay, but I'm not sure.

bugfartboy

Yay on pirates. I don't think any spriggat patrols will be roaming Lake Alto anymore. So we need an enemy that might appear every so often.

Duskling