News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duskling

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on November 25, 2010, 07:30:02 PM
I noticed pirates sounded popular, so I thought it only fair to add a counterpart enemy. Thus the ninja. Ninjas are psys who are trained to be like assassins only even more about such things as tricks instead of speed.

The ninja is for later possibly in an arman sidequest?

Health: 35
Speed: 3
Psp: 30
attacks:
shadowport: cost 5
Dagger: damage 12 range 1
Shuriken: damage 9 range 2
Poision shuriken: damage 10 range 2 cost 7 deals backstab on sides or back.

Thoughts, anything I should change or add? Simply approval or disapproval of the idea? All this will be helpful.
We've already discussed ninjas, and they were generally not accepted, so, this may be dropped... again.

bugfartboy

Now it sounds like you are just making something up  Namelesskitty. They don't fit into the Telepath world. Use the brain that God gave you and think through the idea. And please fix your double post.

SmartyPants

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on November 25, 2010, 07:13:10 PM
Why use knife throw if fling works better over the same range? Maybe throw can have range 2 instead, And in that case I suggest switching names. (fling sounds like it would go farther).
That was a typo. Fling should have a range of 2.

We have already discussed how asain style soldiers don't fit very well in the Telepath world.  Please don't make us have this conversation again.

Zackirus

Back to the Shadowling Knife-Thrower:

* Don't you think that some Shadowlings (other than Malis) should be purple, because these Shadowlings are ex-soldiers, don't you think they are a bit older after the Shadow War and they should be purple.

* Do you think they should have Shadow Resistance like most Shadowlings (Niven didn't have it, however).

* I think that Fling should have less attack than Trick Shot almost at 11-13
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on November 26, 2010, 10:41:13 AM* Don't you think that some Shadowlings (other than Malis) should be purple, because these Shadowlings are ex-soldiers, don't you think they are a bit older after the Shadow War and they should be purple.
I don't like the idea of having many purple shadowlings because it takes away some of Malis's uniqueness.  Also, from a shadowling's perspective, the Shadow War didn't end that long ago, so ex-soldiers might still be red.

Quote from: Zackirus on November 26, 2010, 10:41:13 AM* Do you think they should have Shadow Resistance like most Shadowlings (Niven didn't have it, however).
I was undecided about shadow resistance for the same reasons you are.

Quote from: Zackirus on November 26, 2010, 10:41:13 AM* I think that Fling should have less attack than Trick Shot almost at 11-13
The stats for Fling and Trick Shot are the same.

Zackirus

Quote from: im2smart4u on November 26, 2010, 11:50:51 AM
I don't like the idea of having many purple shadowlings because it takes away some of Malis's uniqueness.  Also, from a shadowling's perspective, the Shadow War didn't end that long ago, so ex-soldiers might still be red.
* Fine they can be Red with Green Bandannas.

The stats for Fling and Trick Shot are the same.
* I always thought... nevermind, I guess they can do the same amount of damage.

I was undecided about shadow resistance for the same reasons you are.

Okay What does everyone else think about the resistance of these Shadowlings: None or Shadow (I'm leaning towards None).

Also: The (Feedback) Shadowling (9 Yays) and The Pirates (7 Yays + 1 Maybe) have enough votes to formulated, everyone agree.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Zackirus

Five enemy ideas from the past that got ignored as new ideas came: but received some Yays

[spoiler]
Proctor: (Anon)

Health: 47
Speed: 2
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1 Damage: 17); Feedback (Range: 2, Healing/Damage: 12); Prohibit (Range: 1, Damage: 0) [What is does is it prevents the unit attacked with this move from using any skills/attacks, making it only able move, hold, and end their turn for around 2 turns]
Resistance: None

Blurp: (im2smart4u)

Health: 35
Speed: 2; Leap
Attacks: Tongue Strike (Range: 2, Damage: 8 )

Frost Assassin: (im2smart4u)

Health: 48 (Flying)
Speed: 4
Attacks: Frost Breath (Range: 1-2, Damage: 10)
Resistance: Cold

Red Assassin: (im2smart4u)

Health: 42
Speed: 4 (Flying)
Attacks: Fire Breath (Range: 1-2, Damage: 8 )
Resistance: Heat

Floating Bug (Zackirus)

Health: 32
Speed: 3 (Flying)
PsP: 0
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1, Damage: 12), Fire Gush (Range: -1-3 across, Damage: 10)
Resistance: Fire
Immunity: None

Ravinale Sentinel (Zackirus)

Health: 95
Psp: N/A
Speed: 2
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1; Damage: 20), Hammer Stike (Range: 1-2 1-3 Across; Damage: 18)
Immunity: None

Proctor: I like the enemy but it could use less health and no feedback

Blurp: I think the damage should be raised to 10-12

Red and Frost Assassins:  I think they should have less health then their Normal Counterparts and something that sets them apart visually

Floating Bug: I fixed the things people thought what was wrong with it, and in KZ's Question, they are to help the regular Shadow Bugs when they must go outside the deeper downs to forage for food, like in an ant colony, where the winged soldier ants help out the regular ants.

Ravinale Sentinel: Most people  thought this enemy was a good idea, and they still think it is, I think that we  should come to an agreement about its "Hammer Strike" Attack.
[/spoiler]

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Acording to my memory, these are reasons the ideas were pasted.
*Proctor: (rejected for not fitting well enough into the Telepath world)
*Blurp: (got enough votes for forumulation, but no one formulated it)
*Red/Frost Assassin (ignored because people didn't like them, but didn't dislike them enough to vote "nay")
*Floating Bug (rejected for not having a concrete reason to be put in the game)
*Ravinale Sentinel (was popular, but put on hold, because it was decided that it is too early in the game to suggest such an enemy)

Zackirus

Quote from: im2smart4u on November 26, 2010, 04:58:29 PM
Acording to my memory, these are reasons the ideas were pasted.
*Proctor: (rejected for not fitting well enough into the Telepath world)
*Blurp: (got enough votes for forumulation, but no one formulated it)
*Red/Frost Assassin (ignored because people didn't like them, but didn't dislike them enough to vote "nay")
*Floating Bug (rejected for not having a concrete reason to be put in the game)
*Ravinale Sentinel (was popular, but put on hold, because it was decided that it is too early in the game to suggest such an enemy)

Proctor: Nobody Rejected It. In fact, both you(im2smart4u) and Dorgon supported it.
Blurp and Red/Frost Assassins: Well lets have a re-vote then. I have nothing against them
Floating Bug: KZ's question was where does the bug belong? Now What I responded with was, the bug acts like an elite shadow bug (with a bit more flare). Its used is when the shadow bugs have to go out and hunt for food outside of the deeper downs, this bug comes helps them (sort of like flying soldier ants in an ant hill). I think that this explains what that bug is needed for.
Ravinale Sentinel: It can be put on hold.

Everyone don't forgot to vote on the Shadowling Knife-Thrower/Pirate (also included whether or not it should have shadow resistance)

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on November 26, 2010, 05:17:17 PMEveryone don't forgot to vote on the Shadowling Knife-Thrower/Pirate (also included whether or not it should have shadow resistance)
Maybe we should have voted on those before moving back to old ideas.

Zackirus

Re-posting stats for clarity:

Shadowling Knife-Thrower:-(They are Red with green bandannas)

Health: 36
Attacks: Knife Throw (Range: 1, Damage: 10), Fling (Range: 2, Damage: 14), Trick Shot (Range: Backwards L, Damage: 14)
Resistance: Shadow or None (You can decide)

Thoughts, Ideas, Opinions?

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

Shadow. Yay. But I would like to see a differed color than red.

ArtDrake

I'm thinking this is a bit powerful, but here goes...

Webweaver Nymph

Health: 60 (Brutal; can someone kindly approximate the Normal health?)
Attacks: Static Shield (Shields for: +8); Mega Shield (Shields for: 18)
Res. / Immun: What Nymphs have.

The idea is a senior nymph that mixes the skill of shielding with the function of webweaving and makes protective "cocoon" shields, thus staying up.
Methinks this is another joining the rejection collection.

bugfartboy

Ehh. I don't necessarily like it. But I'll go maybe until is see some discussion on it.

SmartyPants

Duckling, can you wait for everyone vote the current enemies on  the table before suggesting an idea you think will be rejected?

Yay, for shadowling knife thrower.