News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyso

Considering we saw 3 frost spriggat assassins in TRPG 2, I think it would make sense to see some spriggat assassins in TSoG. Yay for assassins.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Steelfist

Bug Empress:

Health: 180
Speed:0
Attacks: Melee (Damage:24), Spit (Damage:15, Range: 2)
Counterattack: Melee (Dam:24)
Immunity: Shadow

An ancient bug queen has grown to be massive, in size and in power (Approx: double bug queen's size).

A good crypt boss?

Steelfist

Why do we need void bugs when we already have shadow bugs? It's just a better version, and a small expansion of the shadow bug set.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Steelfist on December 28, 2010, 09:34:35 PMWhy do we need void bugs when we already have shadow bugs? It's just a better version, and a small expansion of the shadow bug set.
Frankly, I don't see the need for void bugs, since we are probably not going to fight the bug fraction in an early mission and a late mission.  But that is beside the point.  To take the boss bug from TRPG2 and double the size is a lame idea.  Plus, bug queens are in nature so they make sense in the games, while a bug empress is not anything, but a mistaken idea that insects operate like a monarchy.

Steelfist

It's simply a larger, older, queen. It's not a different creature; it only has a different name to signify it's greater power.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Steelfist on December 30, 2010, 06:50:40 PM
It's simply a larger, older, queen. It's not a different creature; it only has a different name to signify it's greater power.
Larger? Should we really have an enemy that is more then four squares?

Steelfist

Perhaps not, though I think that that is a rather weak argument. Do we need any new enemies at all? Of course not! We don't need any! The game could have still been excellent with a simple rework of existing enemies. Should we have one? That is a matter of opinion, no?

TheWanderingShadow

The bug queen had to be unmovable in TRPG2 to prevent it from being too cheap. The bug empress a bit much. I'm not sure if it would be difficult to fight or too cramped to do anything.
_   _   _   ___     ___     _   _    ___   |  |
\ \/  \/ / '| _  \  / / \ \  |  \| |  / /  _  |_|
\_/\_ /   |_|\'\  \ \ / /  |_\_ |  \ \_./   O

Idozen Cair

Quote from: im2smart4u on June 14, 2010, 12:44:23 PM
Quote from: yogc on June 13, 2010, 01:34:24 PM
Maybe there could be a cult boss that had a similar or same move set as Zem the reaper. After all, isn't the Jinn Ilbis supposed to be the same as a boss in Telepath Psy Arena 2? Maybe General D'Kah could have Zem's attacks. Since he would probably be one of the later bosses, he wouldn't have to be powered down that much.
Zem the Reaper needs to be unique, so TPA2 is unique.  I think Craig said D'Kah will be armed with a poleaxe.

So what was your "New Enemy Ideas"?
I don't understand what a poleaxe is. A check on Cambridge dictionary revealed that its an adjective, not a noun.
I doesn't care, do I?

TheWanderingShadow

poleaxe
noun
°an ax having both a blade and a hammer face; used to slaughter cattle.
°a long-handled battle-ax, being a combination of ax, hammer and pike.
verb
°to fell someone with, or as if with, a poleaxe.
_   _   _   ___     ___     _   _    ___   |  |
\ \/  \/ / '| _  \  / / \ \  |  \| |  / /  _  |_|
\_/\_ /   |_|\'\  \ \ / /  |_\_ |  \ \_./   O

SmartyPants

*D'Kah is going to have a poleaxe which will be unique to him.
*I think Craig has already planned out all the Ravinale Guard enemies that he is going to use, so Ravinale Tanks are a useless suggestion
*I though everyone agreed that we were done with needless suggestions?

Steelfist

You know, were somebody merely to view your recent posts, they would have difficulty distinguishing you from a 'troll'. There is no need to post, or even to read the posts, if you feel that all suggestions are, at this stage, pointless.

As for the guardsman, I'm afraid it probably would be redundant, and it doesn't quite fit in.

bugfartboy

At whom was that directed? TG? If so, I agree. And we all did agree to leave the rest of the game to Craig. Enough is enough TG.

cyso

Why don't we just call it quits on this page since most of us are sure that Craig has everything planned out. Nothing else posted here will be formulated, so let's just spend our time posting elsewhere.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?