News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

What I wanted was instructive critism, but sadly nobody as given me that oh well
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

Well, Zackirus, people have voiced their opinions- in terms of poll, and if someone doesn't like the idea at all, hardly any contructive criticism will follow.

Now, from this poll, I'll be setting the "X" to be equal to 16 for the Wraith's inhabit attack, so the stats now are follows:

"Wraith"
Health: 90
Speed: 3
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1, Damage: 16), Cryo Blast (Range: 2, Damage: 19), Cryo Cross (Range: 1-2 Omnidirectional (Diamond shape), Damage: 13), Inhabit (Range: 1; Damage: none*)
Immunity: Physical
Resistance: Cold
*Inhabit can only work if the target's hp is equal to, or less than 16, works by the Wraith taking the host body, extracting the host soul, then restoring the new body to full hp.

I am thinking that this Wraith can be a boss-type enemy unit, that, for instance, we might see in Crpyt 4 (continuing the ghost leitmotif), and it's supposed to be simply a slightly stronger version of the Greater Ghost.
Any more thoughts on it folks, should I make this formulated?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Frosty

Yeah that looks good to me KZ.

Now, on the topic of ghost enemys, why is Luca/the spirits in TPA2 the only ones that know Soul Suck? Or even Juxtapose? Why not make an emeny that knows one of those? Maybe Feedback instead of Souls Suck, but still.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

Zackirus

How come now enemy Shadowlings don't have shadowport or enemies have element shields. There are some attacks that I don't think an enemy would ever use properly or have no value to an enemies team.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Phantom Healer-Made up of psy energy, some spirits become natural healers.
Health: 32
Attacks:  Mind Blast (Range: 1, Damage: 6), Mega Shield (Range: 1, Healing: 14)  
Resistance: Physical

Zackirus

The melee doesn't make sense im2smart4u. Unless this sprit has a sword (which I'm pretty sure is unlikely) that would make sense. Instead why not have mind blast as it does the same thing in the end. I am assuming this spirt would look sort of like luca.

Phantom Healer- instead of making it up of Psy energy why not just have it " Sometimes healers can die and leave their spirts in the world, they use their powers to heal other spirts"

Health 32
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range 1, Cost 0, Damage 6), Mege Shield (Range 1, Cost 0, Healing 16)

I do like the idea though and it would expand on the sprits area of Telepath.

- Lord Canada

KZ

Ok, then I'll go ahead and make Wraith formulated.

I really like the idea of the Phantom Healer, but maybe change the name to Ghost Healer so that people don't mix up the unit with phantom armor.
I also agree with Zackirus- it would make more sense for the unit to use Mind Blast. Don't forget that they are only partially present in the material plane and melee attacks deal them little to no damage, so why should the inverse be true?

I suggest:

Ghost Healer
Health 32
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range 1, Cost 0, Damage 6), Mege Shield (Range 1, Cost 0, Healing 16)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Frosty

Quote from: Zackirus on March 26, 2010, 04:44:03 PM
How come now enemy Shadowlings don't have shadowport or enemies have element shields. There are some attacks that I don't think an enemy would ever use properly or have no value to an enemies team.
Quote from: KZ on February 05, 2010, 07:42:43 PM
Shadowling Assassin
Health: 45
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1, Damage: 10), Shadow Blast (Range: 2, Damage: 15), Shadowport
Resistance: Shadow
I think this enemy has shadowport.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 27, 2010, 01:57:42 PMI really like the idea of the Phantom Healer, but maybe change the name to Ghost Healer so that people don't mix up the unit with phantom armor.
I don't think anyone would mix them up with Phantom armor.  Phantom Healer is a better name, because there are already so many "Ghost".

Quote from: KZ on March 27, 2010, 01:57:42 PMI also agree with Zackirus- it would make more sense for the unit to use Mind Blast. Don't forget that they are only partially present in the material plane and melee attacks deal them little to no damage, so why should the inverse be true?
I think mind blast would be better, because the unit is a psy.  I think you forgot that the Ghost Knight can do a power melee attack.

Phantom Healer-Made up of psy energy, some spirits become natural healers.
Health: 32
Attacks:  Mind Blast (Range: 1, Damage: 6), Mega Shield (Range: 1, Healing: 16) 

KZ

Then I guess we'll also have to explain the difference between "Phantom" and "Ghost". But I do agree that it sounds better.

Ah, you're right- I completely forgot about that unit. However, I think it can still be explained away- had a Ghost Knight been fully in the material plane, he would've dealt twice as much damage, so it's just that it is a very powerful melee unit.

I like the Phantom Healer, quite a lot, actually. How about the rest of you, folks?
Welcome to the forums!

Zackirus

I like the idea and I would support it!, but I would want to call it a Phatom Healer because it just sounds much nicer than ghost healer. Though I think It sprite should look like Luca.

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on March 31, 2010, 08:23:23 AM
I like the idea and I would support it!, but I would want to call it a Phatom Healer because it just sounds much nicer than ghost healer. Though I think It sprite should look like Luca.
Maybe Luca-ish instead of an exact same sprite.

Duskling

Do any of you guys remember the multiplayer characters from Telepath RPG Chapter 2? The Psy Assassin is the one I'm pointing at here, they might be medium-level rogues from the Academy and the stats are as follow:

Psy Assassin
Health: 26-30
Speed: 7 (they shouldn't move as fast since they would be on you in the first turn that way)
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1, damage: 7) Feeback (Range: 2, damage: ?) Psy Bolt (Not an attack) (Range: 2, Damage: 10)
Resistance: Mental (Slight)

KZ

Just to point out, Duskling- this has been advocated, by im2msart4u, and has been added to the formulated enemy ideas thread, I believe. (Or, at least, it has been debated).

So, let's see if we can make Phantom Ghost formulated?
I was thinking Lesser Ghost appearance for this unit- it will make it more likely to end up in game if Craig doesn't have to spend the extra time coming up with plausible AI and new graphics.
Welcome to the forums!