News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyso

It seems that you are looking for an upgrade to the shadow bug, sort of how a sniper is an upgrade from a marksman. In that cases, void bug would seem more fitting, since the void bug would not necessarily have to guard a nest.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

KZ

Well, if it's down to the name, than give your preferences, folks! For me both "guardian" or "void" will do just fine. I'm looking for an upgrade to the shadow bug, manifested in a very experienced, yet still healthy and strong, shadow bug. The role of the bug can be to defend the colony in case of great stress, not only to protect the Shadowbug Queen, but, say, repel any major invasions or try to rescue the nest from natural disasters by, for instance, evacuating Nymphs and wounded Shadow Bugs (veteran bugs will probably be strong enough to lift them). And one can explain their absence in the deepder downs by saying that it's a relatively new colony there and that the bugs generally don't live next to lava, but given how the Shadowlings started on-land war, were forced to migrate northwards, where it's more calm. 
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Frosty

Quote from: yogc on February 18, 2010, 06:45:18 PM
It seems that you are looking for an upgrade to the shadow bug, sort of how a sniper is an upgrade from a marksman. In that cases, void bug would seem more fitting, since the void bug would not necessarily have to guard a nest.
Guardian bugs can be anywhere, to intercept attackers or the whatnot, they don't have to stay next to the nest.

And KZ, why not just make a guardian and a void bug. To me, void bug sounds like it would actually use dark vortex or shadow blast. But I suppose making both of them would be confusing, since everything only usually has one upgrade. And putting both in would delay the game longer.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

SmartyPants

Quote from: im2smart4u on February 14, 2010, 07:17:47 PM
Thorny Vines is what the name implies. This Destructible Battlefield Object will only hurt players, if the player attacks it first.
Thorny Vines:
Health: 30
Speed: 0
Attacks: none
Counter-attacks: Prick (Range: 1, Damage: 5)
Immunity: Mental

You don't need a knife to be an Assassin.  Some humans use their speed and stealth alongside their psy powers to dispatch enemy units. (you can play human psy assassin in the Dual mode of TPRG2)
Psy Assassin
Health: 50
Speed: 4
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1, Damage: 10), Feedback (Range: 2, Healing/Damage: 15)

Quote from: yogc on February 14, 2010, 09:48:01 PM
The thorny vines seems like a pretty neat idea. It would really be annoying if you had to take a spot that was occupied by thorns.
I think there already are psy assassins.

Yes, there is a shadowling Psy Assassin class, but there isn't any enemy Psy Assassins.  A shadowling Psy Assassin has already been Formulated, but the human Psy Assassin has not.

torugo

spirit tastidian
health:250
speed:5
atacks:mind blast shadow blast dark vortex
counter:none
tastidian as a ghost bound to the world regretting ever losing the shadow war and mistaking you for the hero of rpg chapter 1 and 2
mock the pheonix you will burn

SmartyPants

Quote from: torugo on February 21, 2010, 05:50:21 PM
spirit tastidian
health:250
speed:5
atacks:mind blast shadow blast dark vortex
counter:none
tastidian as a ghost bound to the world regretting ever losing the shadow war and mistaking you for the hero of rpg chapter 1 and 2
Why would Tastidain be in a Crypt? Why is Tastidian faster then Assassins like Al'al? Who says shadowlings can be spirits?

Frosty

im2smart4u has a point. Most shadowlings already look like ghosts. And Tastiadan could easily tell you weren't the main character from the first 2, they wore a black cape and had red hair. On the other hand, the main character in TRGPsog has a brown cape and black hair. How could the two be mixed up? Plus Tastiadan uses light attacks, as said earlier by me, defending one of my ideas I realized how crappy it was way to late.

KZ

Let's settle on Void Bug then, as it seems to cater to both possibilities, as a Void Bug can guard the queen and perform other tasks necessary at times of great peril.
So, just to have a final summation, anyone wants to add any final thoughts before this goes to forumlated?

Void Bug
Health: 70
Speed: 3
Attacks: Double Strike (Range-1 space in front. Damage-18)
Counter-attack: Melee (Same as normal slash. Damage-9 or 11)
Immunity: Shadow

I also like the human Psy Assassin idea, it sort of cross-links with the proposed Black Cape, but doesn't interfere- they can be graduates of the Psy Academy who left the institution to pursue "freelance" work. Furthermore, this unit has been in the Psy Duel mode, and it's nice to link up to it, methinks. How many of you folks would like to see this unit added into formulated?
Same goes for Thorny Vines- thaving a counter-attacking battlefield object will allow for variety in the game.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

torugo

i gave the idea of tasdidian having dark atacks to make him more threatening and none knows his true health or speed because its hidden when you fight him so i took a guess
what else would happen to a shadowling when it dies
why not put him in a crypt they got spirits of all sorts of other things and there needs to be a good fight in this one

torugo

if luca cant remember her husbands name and azma cant even remember the debt of fizooz than tasdidian might have forgotten what the old hero looks like. spirits have terrible memmorys

Frosty

Quote from: torugo on February 22, 2010, 04:44:27 PM
i gave the idea of tasdidian having dark atacks to make him more threatening and none knows his true health or speed because its hidden when you fight him so i took a guess
what else would happen to a shadowling when it dies
why not put him in a crypt they got spirits of all sorts of other things and there needs to be a good fight in this one

First of all, spirits use cold attacks, and your going to give a spirit shadow attacks? Even though he originally used light?

Quote from: torugo on February 22, 2010, 04:46:35 PM
if luca cant remember her husbands name and azma cant even remember the debt of fizooz than tasdidian might have forgotten what the old hero looks like. spirits have terrible memmorys

They have good enough memorys to even remember what Fizooz looked like, even though hes a spirit and looks different. Either way, he could just scan you to figure out.

Frosty

Quote from: KZ on February 22, 2010, 06:12:25 AM
I also like the human Psy Assassin idea, it sort of cross-links with the proposed Black Cape, but doesn't interfere- they can be graduates of the Psy Academy who left the institution to pursue "freelance" work. Furthermore, this unit has been in the Psy Duel mode, and it's nice to link up to it, methinks. How many of you folks would like to see this unit added into formulated?
Same goes for Thorny Vines- thaving a counter-attacking battlefield object will allow for variety in the game.
I do think you should formulate them both, and make white caped assasins, only they train the mental affinity farther instead of assasination. Only thing I could think of to add was vengence.

torugo

first i recommend a boss like this because the other crypts went by to fast and we at least need some kind of good fight in the end
second this is not my game so i cant add that stuff in that is for the original creator to do im just trying to come up with ideas

Frosty

Maybe a boss in the Crypts is a good idea, but Spirit Tastiadan just has a weird feel to it. But I do suppose it might be better than my white shadowlings. Sorry about that, KZ made me realize why that was a horrible idea.

And KZ, you overdid the speed again.

Zhampir

how about Zeitgiset as a name for a crypt ghost boss?