News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ban list

Started by KZ, March 29, 2010, 09:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ

I would like to inform you folks that "Presentiment" has had the unimpressive achievement of being the first user ever (excluding spam-bots), that is to say, in almost 3 years spanning hundreds of active users, to be banned from accessing these forums.
His deteriorating behaviour, with continuous, purposeful and numerous breaches of the forum rules, including hate speech, flaming, spamming, pointedly being off-topic, using improper grammar and no punctuation and generally doing his best to annoy other active forum members, as well as making newcomers feel unwelcome has lead to a negative impact on the forums atmosphere and overall experience of forum users. Therefore, he will no longer be with us, anatgonizing this community. If you'd like to know what not to do, have a look at some of his recent posts (can be accessed via his profile), though some of the worst has been deleted (including hate speech and very inappropriate reception of newcomers to the forums). We're a small, but friendly and welcoming community, and such behaviour will not be tolerated here.
That isn't to say that you should be afraid to tip-toe around the rules and be in state of perpetual fear, "reasonable" is definitely a word that you should apply to all the rules and any given situation- as long as you're not purposefully trying to disrupt the workings of the forums or trying your best to be a nuisance for the community, I highly doubt you'll follow in his footsteps. (And in any case, I always give a heads-up, in case you're not aware of comme-il-faut.)

So, just ignore his latest comments, if you find them inappropriate or provocative in some way, and let's get on with some quality posting! :)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

Presentiment is no more? look at how upset I am ->  :-\

lol

Frosty

Who kicked him? You or Craig? I need to know who to thank.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

Xemadus Echina

dear god... my wish came true *references the corrupt a wish foundation* and it wasn't even corrupted!
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

KZ

I was the one who suggested in this instance and carried out the ban, Craig has been, of course, informed of the matter.

I hope we now all can get with a new fresh start and be friendlier once more, without the need to be implicitly harsh from the outset, as I doubt that the rest of you would write provocative and unpleasant comments on puprose and argue for the sake of arguing.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Xemadus Echina

i can tell you one thing though, he ALMOST provoked me to an absolute and total outburst (or rant if you will) regarding "noobs" on the Internet and using him as a reference over and over again.
im writing a book!
You never know

torugo

i say it is about time he was not helping with anything he was just setting people off, making false posts, and going off topic in every forum
mock the pheonix you will burn

Zhampir

he made a few good posts, if you look at his list about 1 in every 10 were actually useful.

Ertxiem

I guess there are no perfect evils.
I wished it wasn't necessary to ban Presentiment. But I think that letting him stay could have ended up in good folks (valid posters) leaving instead.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Zhampir

No, there is a little good in all of us. While he may have been helpful in time, I'm glad he's gone. He had been warned on several occasions.

KZ

As you can clearly see, folks- SopambotNR is Presentiment. If you see any new users making posts that are in any way similar to those posted by Presentiment, or are provoactive, unpleasant, etc, or are atypical of a newcomer to the forums, please report to me and Craig immeadiately. He has been banned, and that is permanent- his return is unwelcome here.

PS
The "clearly see part" is no more: I have deleted the 3 posts he has made. They were not better than before (for instance, his post to the TSoG endings was someting akin to "lord bayron, you're so articulare" in a claerly mocking manner, to rainen's latest post).

I feel that the decision has been right- I do grant you that sometimes he has made some contribution of value, but the rest of his posting had too big a negative effect- and I agree with Ertxiem- he would've probably caused the good and active posters to leave after inciting flaming wars.
Welcome to the forums!

Frosty

How can you ban him permanently?
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

Zhampir

There's no true way (online, but I think anything more would be... illegal), excluding a complete lock-down of the forums. Even IPs can be changed.

KZ

That is to say, he has been banned for an unlimited time period: the ban will not be lifted after "x" amount of time, and steps will be taken to insure that he will not appear again on these forums under some other name/identity, thereby disallowing him to actively participate for any long period of time on these forums (ie before his new identity is deduced and he is banned again) and, effectively, making him  a permanently banned person.
(And given that his posting style and content were exactly the same under the new username, I don't see any reason at all in foreseeable future to allow him back on the boards.)
Welcome to the forums!

Xemadus Echina

i'll keep a look in my threads. he seemed to enjoy getting on my nerves.  i looked through his posts before he got perma-banned because i was wondering if he was always that way.
im writing a book!
You never know