News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Shadowling Guardian Teammate

Started by SmartyPants, March 30, 2010, 11:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want a Shadowling Guardian Teammate?

Definitely
6 (31.6%)
Yes
5 (26.3%)
Maybe
2 (10.5%)
No
4 (21.1%)
Hell No
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

SmartyPants

In TRPG2, Shadowboxer is the most desired teammate.  Some fans would like to see a Shadowboxer-style Shadowling Guardian in the People's Resistance of Ravinale.

KZ

In TRPG2, there is a lot more overlap between teammate niches, I'd rather see a healer and Gelf get onto the teammate list, than a Shadow Guardian. Forget not that he'll be the only other character with an elemental area attack (Spriggats attacks are a level below, hitting maximum 3 tiles) meaning that choosing Shadow affinity for Duvalier will be placed at a great disadvantage, since another teammate can perform the attack.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 31, 2010, 07:02:21 AM
choosing Shadow affinity for Duvalier will be placed at a great disadvantage, since another teammate can perform the attack.
A second Dark Vortex would complement the first.  The first Dark Vortex will wound the enemies and the second will finish them off.

I voted "Maybe", because I used a Shadowling Guardian in TPA2, but I would perfer to have the Shadowling Healer, Spriggats, or Wood-Folk.

MikeW781

well, so far we have a healer (set), a fire-user (red spriggat), and shadow-user (shadowling guardian).
These positions overlap some of the healer's possible niches
I think to balance this out, we need a cold-based and a light-based ally
just so that people that picked fire/shadow for their affinity aren't screwed over during battles with enemies resistant to these elements
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

torugo

when do you get a red spiggurat in servants of god
mock the pheonix you will burn

KZ

When Craig decides to introduce into the game.

Meanwhile- I have the same pereference as im2msart4u has- Gelves and Shadowling Healer are top in desire to see as teammates.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Maybe a Shadowling Guardian can be a Guarded Person, like General Darkeye was in Mission 6 of TRPG2.  If Darkeye was at his full strength, he was probably powerful as his rival, Cerzak.  Maybe in TSoG, we can guard a powerful shadowling who can use Mind Blast, Shadow Blast, and Dark Vortex.

SmartyPants

Based on the poll, there is not a common opinion on the Shadowling Guardian Teammate.  That is strange since Shadowboxer is the most desired TRPG2 Teammate.

MikeW781

9 people are okay with it or support it, and four people are against it. As I said before, the fact that we have a healer, fire affinity fighter, a shadowling, and potentialy a shadowling guardian means that people who picked Shadow affinity or Fire affinity, which are already a bit weaker than the others, are going to have teammates who overlap their respective niches. We would need a light user (Light Spriggat, maybe) and a cold user (but we can't use a third spriggat) to balance things

bugfartboy

Maybe to solve the cold element problem, Craig could introduce an entirely new race? Either that or give Luca normal Greater Ghost capabilities.

SmartyPants

My problem with the Shadowling Guardian is that he can't do anything that Duvalier can't do with Arman's speed boost.  On the other hand, he would allow Duvalier to focus on healing.

MikeW781

I agree, having multiple fighters with the same affinity is okay, but the Shadowling Guardian would have the same moves as Duvalier, minus the elemental shields

Ertxiem

Each character in TSoG have their unique abilities. In my view, a Shadowling Guardian is very close to a mix between Duvalier and Malis. So, I would be surprised if we got one as an ally. However, Malis may be able to learn Dark Vortex towards the very end of the game (at least, I haven't lost hope on it).
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

KZ

As far as I remember, Craig said that he doesn't want Malis to use Dark Vortex, lest she becomes yet another fighting powerhouse. But I do remember that he agreed to add Feedback to Malis, to make her a more well-rounded teammate.

I alos don't quite see this teammate getting into the game due to too much overlap with other characters, and my teammate prefernces are still the same- I really hope Gelf makes the cut.
Welcome to the forums!

bugfartboy