News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Favorite Classes

Started by SmartyPants, March 31, 2010, 07:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are your favorite three classes?

Assassin
Bowman
Frost Spriggat
Psy Assassin
Psy Fighter
Psy Healer
Red Spriggat
Shadowling Guardian
Shadowling Healer
Spearman
Spirit
Swordsman

Duskling

Quote from: KZ on June 24, 2010, 10:16:42 AM
Duskling, kindly do elaborate on the statement that Spriggats are better than Shadowlings?
I'm sorry, but please read carefully, KZ. I stated that they could, if properly trained be better in every way than Shadowlings. Though I just like Spriggats better overall may also have a part in it. Also, the Shadowling Guardian is a good teammate either way, the Spriggats are probably cheaper(?).

Bromtaghon

So you're saying at the same level of stats, the Spriggats are better? Or that they unlock better attacks? Spriggats have about equal mobility but they can't learn Shadowport.  They have smaller area attacks and less PsP.  In fact, the only advantages they have are a) higher health and b) Spriggats (as a race) are not restricted to one element, although each individual is.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Duskling

Alright, you guys got me, I just like Spriggats better, plus, as I said, they are ost likely cheaper than Shadowling Guardians. They are better than regular
Shadowlings, but not the Guardians. Since Psy Assassin Shadowlings can't learn Dark Vortex.

KZ

Quote from: Duskling on June 25, 2010, 12:47:54 AM
they could, if properly trained be better in every way than Shadowlings
I was very much aware of what you wrote, but for a fair comparison one has to use the same stats. And, I would like to note that Bromtaghon's point about higher health for Spriggats is also debatable, as Red Spriggats have lower health than Shadowling Soldiers, and the Guardians and Healers have comparable, if not higher health than the Dark Spriggat. Point about elemental restriction is a good one, though that does seem to be the only significant advantage for them to hold. And the difference in cost is quite minimal in comparison to how much money/time is saved by playing through all the leagues with Shadowlings only over Spriggats only team.

Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Bromtaghon

@KZ
Enemies
Shadowling Guardian: 80
Dark Spriggat: 75
Shadowling Healer: 70
Frost Spriggat Healer: 60
Red Spriggat Healer: 50
Shadowling Soldier: 45
Frost Spriggat: 45
Red Spriggat: 38

Teammates
Shadowling Guardian: 30 + 2D
Frost Spriggat: 20 + 2D
Red Spriggat: 16 + 2D
Shadowling Assassin: 14 + 2D
Shadowling Healer: 10 + 2D

So, as enemies Shadowlings have higher health overall, but as teammates Spriggats have higher health than Shadowlings (save for the Guardians) at the same Psy Defence level.

KZ

Thanks for the stats, Bromtaghon.

I tend to think it in terms of enemies, however the Guardian is still above the others, and the Shadowling Assassin is pretty close to Red Spriggat in health, so I would still say that it is not a clear-cut advantage to the Spriggats even in this respect.

Still, in light of the above, I would like to note that I use both classes, as sometimes having variety in elemental attacks can be an advantage on certain maps (I ussually go for one red, one frost and one shadowling).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Duskling

If Spriggats aren't exactly better than Shadowlings, aren't they cheaper? If they are, that would be the advantage: Spriggats are cheaper than Shadowling Guardians, but stronger than Shadowling Assassins.

KZ

They are slightly cheaper, but the prize difference is rather small- within the 100-200 gold range. Which, given how much gold you can get from slaying an enemy in battle, the number of tries required to beat the battle, the number of turns and general time taken to beat the battle to gain money, might not, in the end, be profitable at all. For instance, I can save up quite a bit of gold by bying only Swordsmen, but then I'll have a much tougher time, even if I invest the leftover gold, beating higher league battles than if I invetsed all that gold in, say, Spriggats, who have several advantages, including higher mobility and elemental resistances.

Though, for "proper" comparison one would have to start with 2 teams, one filled with Spriggats, one with Shadowlings, take the difference in gold required to buy the two teams and invest it into the cheaper team. Then, see what stats the team produces in terms of attack, health and defense (the way to invest would be to try and level up the differences in the attack stats, such that when the team goes onto the battlefield, the attack stats are more similar to each other). Then one can analyse the difference in stats at same Psy attack and defense levels, see which unit is more effective, then see how much gold is required to get the weaker teammate to the same level as the other one. Then compare all the invariable stats, then  try to compare all the variable stats in terms of either gold invested or unit stats with same basic levels. Then try out a couple of battles of different difficulties to see which team is, overall, more efficient. (For instance, taking on Dark Spriggats with Spriggats has advantage of dealing more damage with Heat and Cold attacks, but the disadvatnage is that the teammates will be slowed down and will recieve the full blast from Dark Breath, unlike Shadowlings, who can get Shadow resistance, but would deal only half the damage to Dark Spriggats. In this situation, I'd probably say stick to Shadowlings, because, at least, your teammates will not be slowed down, whilst them taking to kill a Dark Spriggat twice as long will be balanced by them recieving only half the damage. )
Welcome to the forums!

irocksockes

MEH!! i relly like psy fighter, cuz of their enormous elemental area attacks, and massive damage , if u train ur atks a lot. If u train psy power quite a lot, , you can often instakill large groups of enemies, something that no other class can do quite as effectively.

Bromtaghon

If you train your attacks a lot, of course they do lots of damage.  As for area attacks- they generally do less damage, but if you train (grind) your character enough, then yes, you can more efficiently destroy large amounts of enemies than any other class.

bugfartboy

From when the demo was online, I enjoyed using the Psy Fighter (a big given), Shadowling Guardian (They wear bone masks. What isn't there to love?) and the Spirit (I used physical resistance a lot. It was handy)

HeadShot

I chose Psy Fighter, Shadow Guardain, and Red Spriggat in that order.

[spoiler]I also like White Spriggats, Spearmen, and Shadowling Healers[spoiler]I dislike Healers and Swordsmen, Also Archers and Spirits[/spoiler][/spoiler]
My head got shot up once. And I lived and my head Remained.....