News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

idea gambling

Started by Xemadus Echina, March 31, 2010, 09:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xemadus Echina

i was lying around just thinking and it suddenly occurred to me "what is it that brings people to post their ideas on forums?"  i thought about myself and i realized that every time i couldn't think of a solid reason for it or against it (or more reasons leaning towards one way or another) i just took a gamble.  one of the most recent examples is my very short lived "rant room" idea.  i ended up finding an online dice program and assigning a reason for or against it to a numeric value and then just rolled the dice. (i rolled a two and the reason was that it might turn into something fun and exiting).  this very idea was even subject to a gamble. i flipped a coin and if i could call it and get the call right i would post it. what I'm getting at though, is do any of you use methods to help you decide whether or not you will post an idea? do you just hold your tongue when you have an idea and never bring it to life or do you just post everything you think of and hope for the best?  or do you weigh the idea and look at it intellectually and if you can't come to a decision, gamble with it and leave it to chance.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Zhampir

I post when I think I can contribute something, usually a new idea. Or to answer a question.^^

Xemadus Echina

im not talking about any post. i'm talking specifically about threads.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Zhampir

Well the same idea applies to threads. I trust you've read my ramblings? However, Im2smart4u and KZ seem to typically know what kind of threads the forums needs... (as they're the top thread starters)

KZ

It's simple rainen: if you think others will find the idea interesting, and it's somehow relevant to the forums and might bring out interesting discussion, or you're interested in finding out people's opinion on the matter, or there is something game related which isn't really clear and worth debating- then it might be worth posting a new thread. The best way, if you're unsure, is to have a look around at the most popular threads and think to yourself what makes them so interesting and appealing.

It's not worth starting many threads with random and pointless stuff though- that might easily look like you simply wanting to boost your forum stats via flooding.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Tastidian

KZ you are the one who are pretty good at making interesting topics.

The Holy namelesskitty

I like to be conservative with my Ideas because if you drop little hints just maybe you can get money for them.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

bugfartboy

About the only time I start a new thread is when I'm asking a question but too lazy to see if someone else had already posted about it.