News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The most crazy idea for Sinister Design yet (or even ever)

Started by Duskling, March 31, 2010, 10:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeBing

And once the game gets a significant playerbase on any multiplayer game it'll eventually conform to a set of specific tactics due to the lack of variation.

Perfect play will become obvious, and eventually the only people who will play a multiplayer is the people who don't know how to play, because they still find it interesting.

In TRPG, there are no surprises. You can see your opponents' stats and moves, everything takes place on a small grid. Players have limited options, and it requires no great deal of prediction to win, as the best case scenario for both sides can be easily seen.

While TRPG is great for a single player game it will never develop any intelligent metagame unless Craig decides to expand it massively, and then he will have to go back to the TPA2 buying characters method because it would take an obscene amount of time to incorporate teens of more characters into a storyline; developing them would be hard enough, there would have to be a cap on the amount of money you can spend on one teammate, each teammate would have to have at least nine moves or else there would be little variation.

In other words, unless TPA/RPG is made more varied it will not be viable for multiplayer. Your anecdotes mean little else but you and your friends not thinking when you move.

fractals mmmm

Dorgon 5000

It just needs more tactical maps and more different characters. Also it has too few attacks in chapter 2.

Tinkerbell

And there was a 'programmer fairy' maybe those things would be added.

But there aren't.

Xemadus Echina

Webing, your idea that everybody would use the same tactics is complete and total crap.  Have you ever played chess?  If you use one strategy the person your playing will adapt to beat it then you will again adapt to beat that strategy.  There is no "one strategy to rule them all" because there is always something that will beat the "best" like how a lowly germ can topple an entire human civilization. 
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

MikeW781

Quote from: WeBing on April 11, 2010, 12:44:59 AM
Firstly, there is no difference between online and local.
Do you have ANY idea what you are talking about?
establishing a simple program in which the actions of one computer are mirrored on another requires an insane amount of programming and bug fixing
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

randy295

it may be a good idea  BUT IT IS A GOOD IDEA IF THERES LEVELS IN A MMO! :D :D :D :D :D

HeadShot

Craig is probbaly not going to make an MMO anytime soon, since Craig is working on TRPGSoG.
My head got shot up once. And I lived and my head Remained.....

bugfartboy

He did say that he was thinking of a multiplayer game. Whether it is TRPG related he refused to say.

HeadShot

Quote from: Fyer on January 07, 2011, 08:16:11 PM
He did say that he was thinking of a multiplayer game. Whether it is TRPG related he refused to say.

Oh. I didn't read that.
My head got shot up once. And I lived and my head Remained.....