News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

NAMES!

Started by Steelfist, April 01, 2010, 09:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelfist

I just have to say this; will people please stop using telepath related names (I.E, Tastidian). Obviously if you have already got a telepath related name you can't change it (At least until the board updates again, or something), but really try to use some imagination thinking up a name. Please.

KZ

Well, I'll give an objective reason as to why not to use a them: a user with a name that is the same as a location or character within the game will make life difficult for other posters by having them speficfy whether they mean a forum-user, or the telepath equivalent. Think of malignus-the-spriggat and malignus, aka Craig, on the old forums- people constantly keep confusing the two. So, it would be simply easier on all if the name was slightly different (even something like Tastidian1 or TheDuskling) could help.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Steelfist

Ertxiem

If someone wants, it's possible to change the name that appears in the forums in Profile > Account related settings.
(I believe that the login will remain the original one.)
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Duskling

Quote from: KZ on April 01, 2010, 11:53:47 AM
(even something like Tastidian1 or TheDuskling) could help.
I'm sorry, but Duskling, as it turns out, is a character in TPA2 that you can buy, but almost no one but the most hardcore players ever talk about things like that, so am I a "unimaginative"? I only made this name to be creative, I seriously didn't know this was a name until I checked the wiki yesterday.

Steel Ersatz Man

Quote from: Duskling on April 06, 2010, 08:53:05 PM
I'm sorry, but Duskling, as it turns out, is a character in TPA2 that you can buy, but almost no one but the most hardcore players ever talk about things like that, so am I a "unimaginative"? I only made this name to be creative, I seriously didn't know this was a name until I checked the wiki yesterday.

Really? I knew straight away that it was a character in TPA2.
We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!

Duskling

Quote from: Ersatz Man on April 07, 2010, 06:26:41 AM
Quote from: Duskling on April 06, 2010, 08:53:05 PM

Really? I knew straight away that it was a character in TPA2.
But I didn't.

WeBing

And the above, my friends, are two pointless posts.

Nobody cares if you bought the game so you know who the characters are.

And likewise, nobody cares if you didn't, and even fewer people care since you already told us.

fractals mmmm

Steel Ersatz Man

Presentiment, would you kindly GET OUT! :-*
We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!

Zhampir

Colton(as I believe that is your name), I do believe you've posted some pointless posts yourself. Mostly describing how pointless others posts are... Which, while having it's ironic humor, is rather annoying.

However, such posts are no reason to demand of your absence. You do contribute valuable posts and you seem to wish to keep people on track with what is important and needed in the forums. Granted, you do, at times, take things a little to far. (I am of course referring to the waffle thread)

Now... do you have an opinion about people using the names of characters on the forums from the names of characters in the game?

I personally find this to be rather annoying. I like originality, and naming yourself as thus shows little. However, I will not condemn them for such names as they may feel they have a connection with that character. They are who they choose to be, and to go against this, would show a dislike of their own originality.

WeBing

Nope, this is Colton.

Of course I make pointless posts condemning pointless posts, which is why I sometimes add "Sorry about the irony".

My opinion is that unless they use the name as part of a pun people who use game character names are generally sorry nubkaeks.

fractals mmmm

Steelfist

NO! Presentiment shares my views on something!