News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Damage formula's

Started by MikeW781, April 02, 2010, 04:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW781

Im going to check that on my file now
EDIT: Yes, the formula worked for me. My skill was 1, my power is 16, so
(1+16)*.65=
17*.65=
11 health absorbed
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

mezzoforte

Let me say again, cause now you have me confused.... Luca's soul suck increases her Psy points.  (It also damages the opponent.)

How many Psy points does she get?

P.S. I just realized this effect.

Ertxiem

I think that Luca increases her PsP points by
Psy Power + Soul Suck Leve
(this could be added to the wiki)

I think the formula for the damage is right (or too close for me to tell the difference). I'm not sure if the result is rounded down or to the nearest integer, though.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

mezzoforte

Quote from: Ertxiem on August 24, 2010, 03:55:08 PM
I think that Luca increases her PsP points by
Psy Power + Soul Suck Leve
(this could be added to the wiki)

I think you're right!!  Thanks.  I never realized how complex the soul suck really was.  I modified the Wiki page.

Quote from: Ertxiem on August 24, 2010, 03:55:08 PM
I think the formula for the damage is right (or too close for me to tell the difference). I'm not sure if the result is rounded down or to the nearest integer, though.

It's rounded up!  Because for me, it's 10 x 0.65 = 6.5.  And 6.5 is rounded up to 7 damage.

P.S. Someone should add into every attack (that can be played) Wiki page, the amount of experience gained!

mezzoforte

Wow, 3 formula posts.  I think that the feedback damage and health bonus should be at most the health of the opponent (so if they have 1 health point, you do 1 damage and get 1 health point).

P.S. I said this elsewhere, but you gain experience from using Feedback at full health.  I don't think you should.

Ertxiem

You're right. Feedback and soul suck topics merged with this one.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.