News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Damage formula's

Started by MikeW781, April 02, 2010, 04:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW781

So, I am currently working on testing the damage formulas. Every so often, i will post one, starting with the main, and then I will ask anybody that sees this to test using their character.
PLEASE keep rounding in mind

My current formula is HeroMindBlastDamage=Power+Skill/2 (incorrect on wiki)

Skill is only the whole number given, experience has no effect
Also, the skill/2 is rounded to the nearest whole number

Also, Hero'sMindShieldHealing=Defense+Skill

Next, PyroBlastDamage=Power+3*Skill+2

Next, PyroHailDamage=Power+1.4*Skill+1

Edit: That one is actually FeedbackStrength=Defense+Skill-thanks for that Frosty

Also, VengenceStrength=Defense+Skill

New one: Shadow Blast Damage=Pwer+2*Skill+3
the wiki says its Power+Skill+3, link's here: http://telepath.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Blast

Then, correct in the wiki, is DarkVortexDamage=Power+Skill+2

Next, incorrect in wiki, is LightBlastDamage=Power+3*Skill+2
wiki says that one is Power+2*Skill

Next, correct on wiki, is LightBombDamage=Power+Skill+2-that one took SOOOOOOOOO long, 34 light bombs......

Next, incorrect on the wiki: CyroBlastDamage=Power+3*Skill+2

last of the element blasts, and correct on wiki: CyroCrossDamage=Power+1.5*Skill+3
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

MikeW781

i know
i'm just testing to check them, and have already found an inconsistency in the issue with Pyro Hail
the wiki says its Power + 1.4*Skill, but when my power went up from 0 to 1 their was no change

Frosty

You could use the modify button instead of doing multiple posts, or meaningless posts. This is all already on the wiki, and the wiki is accurate unless Craig hasn't realized the innacurateness yet. Which he will. So really, this isn't as meaningless as some threads, but still is meaningless. And your feedback is wrong. For me, it is Strength=Defence+Skill Level. And this thread is for mistakes in the wiki.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

MikeW781

thanks for the advice on using the modify button
i will keep it in mind
however, as this endevour has already revealed a very important glitch, I do not believe that it is useless

Stephen Colbert

It is called rounding my friend.

It isn't a glitch.

Bring it up to level 3 and its damage will jump up an 'extra' 1.

MikeW781

so 1.4*0(skill)=0
1.4*1(skill)=1.4
And yet when skill goes from 0 to 1, there is no increase....
please read my posts and think about your posts more carefully
Edit: Any (valuable) thoughts? Any ideas, suggestions to why this isn't working, etc?
Edit2: Never mind now, when I went to check again I realized that the wiki formula was correct, and that I had read my defense instead of my power-my defense is 1 higher, so this caused the confusion

CraigStern

That'll be a tough one to guess. I'll just give it to you:

Quote(1.35 X Strength) + (1.25 X Psy Power) + Attack Level

MikeW781

thanks
I kinda stopped with the formulas since i found out i can't play the demo
:'( i need to be an admin to download stuff :'(

SmartyPants

The Twitter says Knife now does sidestab damage.  Does anyone know how much of a bonus that is?

fourinone

Quote from: im2smart4u on May 29, 2010, 05:22:39 PM
The Twitter says Knife now does sidestab damage.  Does anyone know how much of a bonus that is?
In the downloadable demo, Knife does 125% sidestab damage and 175% backstab damage.

mezzoforte

What's the formula for the number of Psy points Luca gets when she uses Soul Suck?  It's not the same as the attack damage and it's independent of the enemy's health.

MikeW781

Soul Suck consumes health, not psp. Anyways, the formula is [Health Absorbed (Psy Power + Soul Suck Level) X 0.65].