Games > TSoG Wish List

New Shadowling Colors

<< < (12/17) > >>

SmartyPants:

--- Quote from: KZ on July 04, 2010, 10:07:44 AM ---Well, surely age affects our ability to perform tasks, whether they be mental or physical?
--- End quote ---
Physical tasks; yes. Menal tasks; sort of.  (30, 40, and 50 year olds would have about the same difficultly doing mental tasks.)  Just because age effects ones ability to do a task, doesn't mean a color would effect it.  For example, would General Darkeye's ability to stay youthful and red make him less powerful then an aging purple shadowing?

KZ:
Methinks you're still missing the point I am trying to make: the colour is simply a facet of appearance that allows one to roughly gauge where the person's health (and ability to perform tasks) stands- thus, I'm saying that since "age affects ones abilty to do a task" and colour reflectes shadowlings age, it will reflect on the Shadowling's health/power/well being. But it is only a rough reflection- like judging people's strengths from their appearances, as it can be a very rough indicator of their age and strength.

Staiyng more on-topic, what think you of a new colour for a newborn Shadowling suggestion?
Given the light-power argument, I'd think that a newborn baby could be very healthy, highly energetic and therefore, possibly, quite orange, rather than fully red. Maybe a brick-red?

SmartyPants:

--- Quote from: KZ on July 06, 2010, 03:09:10 PM ---What think you of a new color for a newborn Shadowling suggestion?
Given the light-power argument, I'd think that a newborn baby could be very healthy, highly energetic and therefore, possibly, quite orange, rather than fully red. Maybe a brick-red?
--- End quote ---
I was also thinking orange would work well for a young shadowling.

Somnus is being developed and I don't see any new colored shadowlings.  Based on the poll, many people will be disappointed.

ArtDrake:
I just want to point out that with the wavelength theory, the shadowlings experience a supreme jump in power as soon as they hit purple.

I think that most shadowlings don't glow, and it's more a matter of pigmentation and scattered versus absorbed light, rather than emitting or radiating.

Perhaps, like flamingos, shadowlings' colors differ based on what kinds of emotions they consume. If young shadowlings feed on anger, middle-age shadowlings feed on sadness, and the older shadowlings tend to like subtle ones like jealousy, envy, pity and the like, it might cause them to change color. The gradual shift of food preference would explain why Malis is purple; she might have just switched, or is slowly moving in on sadness, but hasn't quite made it her full diet.

All speculation...

SmartyPants:

--- Quote from: Duckling on January 09, 2011, 08:19:39 AM ---I just want to point out that with the wavelength theory, the shadowlings experience a supreme jump in power as soon as they hit purple.
--- End quote ---
Are you saying that the wavelength theory is flawed because it would be unrealistic for the shadowling to jump from red to purple?

--- Quote from: Duckling on January 09, 2011, 08:19:39 AM ---I think that most shadowlings don't glow, and it's more a matter of pigmentation and scattered versus absorbed light, rather than emitting or radiating.
--- End quote ---
So the shadowling are reflecting colors based off of their pigments vs emitting thier colored lights?  Having pigment would make more sense then shadowlings being colored lightbulbs.

--- Quote from: Duckling on January 09, 2011, 08:19:39 AM ---Perhaps, like flamingos, shadowlings' colors differ based on what kinds of emotions they consume. If young shadowlings feed on anger, middle-age shadowlings feed on sadness, and the older shadowlings tend to like subtle ones like jealousy, envy, pity and the like, it might cause them to change color. The gradual shift of food preference would explain why Malis is purple; she might have just switched, or is slowly moving in on sadness, but hasn't quite made it her full diet.
--- End quote ---
In Somnus, a blue shadowling will feed off of the Hero's anger.  Plus, why would their diets change based on age? Also, Shadowlings don't only feed off of human emotions, so your theory would mean that there would be many colorless shadowlings who choose not to feed off of humans.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version