News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

None are planned--but I do intend to include a few battles where characters other than Duvalier play the hero.

SmartyPants

[spoiler=about TSoG Mission 5]Why do you fight D'kah if Malekahin delays you long enough, but if Fernatus delays you long enough it is just assumed that D'Kah kills everyone?  Aren't you pulling a one of these?[/spoiler]

CraigStern

[spoiler]It has to do with the terrain, and with the number of troops D'Kah brings with him on each occasion. D'Kah has a small army with him at Fawaz Gorge, but only a battalion or so when he marches on Al'Dukkan.

Also, Al'Dukkan has a variety of natural barriers (walls) and choke points (doorways) which prevent D'Kah from simply flooding the place with troops. By contrast, although the bridge over Fawaz Gorge provides a natural choke point, there is nothing preventing D'Kah from sending his army around both sides, thereby surrounding and obliterating the Resistance.

In short: a successful defense is possible at Al'Dukkan, albeit extremely difficult. No such defense could possibly succeed at Fawaz Gorge with the player's tiny contingent of troops.[/spoiler]

Zhampir

CraigStern

TSoG doesn't auto-update: you have to download the AIR installer again, then run it. It'll say "preparing to install," then ask you if you want to replace the current install. Click Replace. It'll update the game, but keep your saved games and such.

Zackirus

How come you ONLY get 100 Gold from beating that Brat of a kid, Ikrat?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

CraigStern

Duskling

How do you feel about the 2012 Presidential Election candidates?

(Particularly Michele Bachmann and Ron Paul)

Deagonx

I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

CraigStern

Quote from: Deagonx on November 05, 2011, 11:24:24 PM
Do geese see god?

Heh; clever.

Quote from: Duskling on November 05, 2011, 09:11:07 PM
How do you feel about the 2012 Presidential Election candidates?

(Particularly Michele Bachmann and Ron Paul)

Ron Paul is interesting; I disagree with him on a lot of issues, but also agree with him on a whole host of other ones. I don't much care for Michelle Bachmann.

TheWanderingShadow

What headwear is the TRPG2 Hero wearing, exactly? Is it a winter cap of some sort? And is he/she wearing a scarf, or is that just his/her cape?
_   _   _   ___     ___     _   _    ___   |  |
\ \/  \/ / '| _  \  / / \ \  |  \| |  / /  _  |_|
\_/\_ /   |_|\'\  \ \ / /  |_\_ |  \ \_./   O

CraigStern

I assume you're referring to the TRPG2 hero's portrait? What you see there is a hood and a high neckline that are part of the hero's cloak.

Zackirus

What is a False Consciousness Trap?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

TheWanderingShadow

Do Shadowlings need chairs? I noticed Malis is placed above a cushion. If not, does Nelis have a throne?
_   _   _   ___     ___     _   _    ___   |  |
\ \/  \/ / '| _  \  / / \ \  |  \| |  / /  _  |_|
\_/\_ /   |_|\'\  \ \ / /  |_\_ |  \ \_./   O

CraigStern

Shadowlings don't need chairs, but they cease to float when they sleep. As such, they might like to have a cushion to rest on when napping. (You can see Malis do this at one point during a scene after the execution rescue mission.)

Quote from: Zackirus on November 08, 2011, 09:54:03 PM
What is a False Consciousness Trap?

In a False Consciousness Trap, the target creates a mock opening in her psychic defenses as a sort of a decoy. The scanner believes he's found a way into her mind--but in fact, he's only found his way into a "false consciousness." A well-constructed false consciousness trap seriously disorients the scanner, leaving him vulnerable to a nasty psychic counterattack.