News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtDrake

For a videogame that took around 20 hours to make, start to finish, how would you approach selling the game? What's your view on sponsorships?

CraigStern

Sponsorships can be a good way to go, depending on the game.

The time it took you to make the game is irrelevant. You should set your price based on the quality of the game and other factors relating to the conditions of the market (e.g. what other, similar games are selling for).

Idozen Cair

You forgot this, Craig.
Quote from: im2smart4u on February 05, 2011, 05:44:30 PM
In TSoG and TRPG2, a left hand is gathering light.  What exactly is going on?
Anyway, 2 questions:

1. Will you have my baby? (Blahahaha! Just kidding :D ;D!)

2. Will you ever tell us the link between SoG and TRPG2?
I doesn't care, do I?

CraigStern

Nope, nope, and nope. The last one you can figure out yourself by playing through the finished game, once it's done.

Idozen Cair

I recall telling you that I can't buy it. 1 more:

Is it possible to use Malis in the SoG demo?
I doesn't care, do I?

Zackirus

Other than having Qudssi leaving you, everybody (in Ravinale) hating you, and Luca thinking she has become Luca'ra'il, will choosing to kill the crowd do anything else for you (because it seems like it is only negative).

Also: you said in a twitter post than you are adding a interesting choice to make in mission 4, have you put that in the pre-order yet?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

CraigStern

The plan is to give Luca a new attack or two, and which attack(s) she get(s) depend(s) on whether she is Luca or Luca'ra'il.

Duskling

How far are you into development of TSoG? When will we see more of Shadowling Assassin?

CraigStern

Sorry, I'm not answering "how close are you to finishing"-type questions. It'll be done when I've got all the content in there that I want, when all of the major bugs are squashed, and it's ready for release.

Idozen Cair

I doesn't care, do I?

SmartyPants

Quote from: The Grotesquery on February 06, 2011, 10:39:22 AMIs it possible to use Malis in the SoG demo?
No.  The only battles that you can do between Mission 3 and Mission 4 are solo Hero battles.  If you want to play with Malis, then pre-order.

Duskling

[spoiler]Wouldn't Luca become a Djinn if you choose to have her remain Luca'ra'il, which is not really Luca?[/spoiler]

Chrono

Can I change the location for the delivery, and do I have to pay more?
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

CraigStern

Quote from: Chrono on February 07, 2011, 12:14:45 AM
Can I change the location for the delivery, and do I have to pay more?

I'm not sure I understand the question. You mean, if you buy the game using one email address, but you want to use a second one instead, do you have to buy it again?

Zackirus

Are the voice actors chosen for the main characters, if so can we hear some of their lines?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada