News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ertxiem

You posted on twitter that you were you're working on an engine for a game. I searched a bit about it and ended up thinking that you might be planning to make a stand alone game in the lines of Psy Duel (the card game). From what I read, I guess it's a possibility that the game could be online and multiplayer. Did I took your tweet too seriously?
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Xemadus Echina

is there an updated attack list/ "what can you do in TSoG?"
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Ertxiem

I don't think so, but I can update KZ's lists of Duvalier attacks and things you can do in TSoG, if you all give me a hand filling in the blanks.
Ert, the Dead Cow.

Duskling

What is your opinion on the Sonny series?

Idozen Cair

Ah that's a question I've been wanting to ask for so long. Mine:

How are the sales for SoG?
I doesn't care, do I?

CraigStern

Quote from: Zackirus on March 05, 2011, 11:16:53 AM
Looking at your recent rant about what makes an RPG and RPG, I have to ask, do you consider Dungeons and Dragons (The Board Game) to be a RPG and do you like it?  

The article specifically refers to computer RPGs--which is to say, video games. So it's not really a fair comparison. But since a bunch of games that are pretty clearly computer RPGs (e.g. Eye of the Beholder, Baldur's Gate, and Planescape Torment, etc.) use the Dungeons and Dragons rules, it would be pretty hard for me to argue that Dungeons and Dragons isn't an RPG in some way, shape or form.

Quote from: Duckling on March 05, 2011, 01:29:06 PM
:D I just read the Nut Merchant Dialogue.

Really, CraigStern? Really?

I'm afraid so. ;D

Quote from: Ertxiem on March 12, 2011, 07:40:46 PM
You posted on twitter that you were you're working on an engine for a game. I searched a bit about it and ended up thinking that you might be planning to make a stand alone game in the lines of Psy Duel (the card game). From what I read, I guess it's a possibility that the game could be online and multiplayer. Did I took your tweet too seriously?

Let's just say that I've been making some excellent headway on a new game engine that takes some of my favorite things about TSoG and combines them with other elements in a way that is (so far as I am aware) totally unique in the world of video games. I don't want to say more than that for now, though.

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 15, 2011, 10:20:23 PM
Can Malis learned feedback yet?

Nope.

Quote from: Duskling on March 20, 2011, 04:40:38 PM
What is your opinion on the Sonny series?

They provide a very slick Final Fantasy-style experience, albeit one without exploration or player freedom. Krin basically beat Square to the punch in designing a game with FFXIII's hyper-linear structure, but did so without tossing the classic Final Fantasy combat system out the window. Those games are honestly quite impressive for what they are, but they aren't to my taste as RPGs.

Quote from: Idozen Cair on March 21, 2011, 02:59:26 AMHow are the sales for SoG?

Good. :)

Ertxiem

I was wondering how many hours a day do you work on average and what sorts of things do you usually do. Can you give a rough estimate?

And how do you organize your time?
Ert, the Dead Cow.

Zackirus

Now that we know 9/10 Characters, which one is your favourite character (Based on Attacks, Personality, etc.)?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

Do you do anything else when you aren't in the middle of designing a game? What do you do for work when you aren't designing/programming?

CraigStern

Quote from: Bugfartboy on March 26, 2011, 01:45:38 PM
Do you do anything else when you aren't in the middle of designing a game? What do you do for work when you aren't designing/programming?

Yes: if I'm not working on a game, I'll usually write or compose music. There's always something creative on the burner. Also, I have a social life that I like to indulge in now and then. (You know: friends, dating, that sort of thing.) For work, I'm a contract attorney for a law firm downtown.

Quote from: Zackirus on March 26, 2011, 01:20:36 PM
Now that we know 9/10 Characters, which one is your favourite character (Based on Attacks, Personality, etc.)?

Personality-wise, my favorite character is probably either Malis or Rajav.

As far as attacks: if we don't count Duvalier, I'd have to say it's a wash, since the usefulness of each character's suite of abilities really varies by situation. In close quarters with little maneuvering room, Griffin and Qudssi really shine. In wide-open battlefields, Arman and Rahel are stars. Malis is solid in most situations, as are Naj and La'Man. Set is indispensable in pretty much every fight unless you've given Duvalier a healing role, so I suppose I'd have to pick Set by default.

Zackirus

Quote from: CraigStern on March 26, 2011, 03:05:23 PM
Personality-wise, my favorite character is probably either Malis or Rajav.

Oh... that's just mean. Well at least can you tell us a bit about Rajav?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Ertxiem

I wasn't aware that you were also working as a lawyer. I thought you were able to work on games full time. (Wishful thinking, I guess...)

Have you done (or considered doing) games with other people?
Ert, the Dead Cow.

CraigStern

Quote from: Zackirus on March 26, 2011, 03:11:36 PMWell at least can you tell us a bit about Rajav?

Rajav is a spirit who fancies himself something of a lady's man. I'll leave it at that for now. ;)

Quote from: Ertxiem on March 26, 2011, 03:12:17 PMI thought you were able to work on games full time.

That's one of my goals for the future, but it's not economically feasible for me just yet.

Quote from: Ertxiem on March 26, 2011, 03:12:17 PMHave you done (or considered doing) games with other people?

Yes--whatever my next game is, I intend to partner with an artist to produce it a) more quickly b) with better, more consistent sprite-based visuals and c) better performance resulting from consistent reliance on sprites.

Duskling

What is your opinion on cloning?

CraigStern

In what sense? Do you mean human cloning, or cloning in general?