News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

Quote from: SmartyPants on August 23, 2011, 01:51:38 AM
Quote from: CraigStern on August 22, 2011, 07:51:56 PMAll of my favorite video games were made prior to 2005! :D
Yeah!  No one wants to play a video game made in 2011!  ;)

You guys are Soft. All the best Video Games were made beofre 1972.  :P

[spoiler]
Lastly: Is the new dialouge with Rahel and Ali in the game or do we have to wait for the next update?
[/spoiler]
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

CraigStern

ArtDrake

Is the next game going to be in a place where the beer is good? Or will that be a subtle running joke; that the main character can never get any good beer...?

And since you've added drugs to the game, do wine and beer have any effect?

CraigStern

Beer is probably not going to feature in the next game. ;)

They are probably not going to have any effect, no.

ArtDrake

Right.... Telepath Tactics. If there were a smiley for being clueless, it would be all over this post.

CraigStern

I had to check the game's code to make sure, but the answer is "yes."

bugfartboy

Does that mean that a character's counter attack could eventually become stronger than that character's basic attack?

CraigStern

No--counterattacks are tied to attacks your character already knows. So Griffin, for example, would get experience in Melee with each counterattack.

bugfartboy

Oh okay. Is there a chance that could change in a future game?

CraigStern

There aren't any plans for it to, no.

CraigStern

No, unfortunately. This last release was sped up to fix the glaring issues with the tutorials not showing up.

ArtDrake

Is there any possibility of advanced AI in Telepath Tactics that determines the best path for computer-controlled units instead of just moving one space closer in each dimension? I just think that your games are amazing in visual content, yet don't tax RAM much, even on high quality; might there be room for more to be done by the computer each turn? Not to knock the existing AI too much, but I figure that with all that available processing power you have from not using much physics and streamlined programming (I know that if I tried to build a telepath game, it would chug more than a steam engine), even a somewhat inefficient route-creating procedure would be a great addition.

CraigStern

In the current version, you should be able to fight D'Kah without issue,

[spoiler]provided that you take too long talking to/fighting Malekahin.[/spoiler]

Give it a try.

CraigStern

Quote from: Duckling on September 20, 2011, 05:56:49 PM
Is there any possibility of advanced AI in Telepath Tactics that determines the best path for computer-controlled units instead of just moving one space closer in each dimension? I just think that your games are amazing in visual content, yet don't tax RAM much, even on high quality; might there be room for more to be done by the computer each turn? Not to knock the existing AI too much, but I figure that with all that available processing power you have from not using much physics and streamlined programming (I know that if I tried to build a telepath game, it would chug more than a steam engine), even a somewhat inefficient route-creating procedure would be a great addition.

I could do it, but it would require rewriting the combat engine. Given the small size of the battlefield, I don't think this is enough of an issue to warrant the kind of time expenditure required to fix.