News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

They were simply too skilled at deflecting scans for the hero to penetrate their defenses. If your hero in TSoG has insufficient Aptitude, Cygnus will do the same thing to you.

Zackirus

A Couple Questions:

- Are you still going to update TSoG after you release it? I mean you still have plenty of ideas right...
- How can you talk it over with Cygnus in the end? Isn't the point of most RPG's to have an epic boss battle in the end...
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

CraigStern

Quote from: Zackirus on February 01, 2012, 10:00:41 PM- How can you talk it over with Cygnus in the end?

You'll just have to see. ;)

Quote from: Zackirus on February 01, 2012, 10:00:41 PMIsn't the point of most RPG's to have an epic boss battle in the end...

There will be an epic boss battle waiting for you if you want it; no one's forcing you to end the game through dialog. Role play it the way you want to (role-playing being the actual point of RPGs).

SmartyPants

If vegetable oil is made of vegetables, and olive oil is made from olives, what is baby oil made of?

CraigStern

bugfartboy

Sugar or cream?

How do you eat an elephant?

Zackirus

I've started to notice some things have been added into the game. For example, their is now a scene where you can give money to a beggar and another where a young couple wants to get married and is talking to Griffin... what are these?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on February 11, 2012, 11:46:12 AMI've started to notice some things have been added into the game. For example, their is now a scene where you can give money to a beggar and another where a young couple wants to get married and is talking to Griffin... what are these?
Quote from: CraigStern on January 10, 2012, 06:43:51 PMI used the phrase "flavor cut scene" to denote the cut scene equivalent of flavor text. That is: a cut scene with nothing of importance to the story, just there to add character to the setting.
One is a sidestory of a man trying to feed his drug addition through begging, while the other sidestory is about a couple worried about the Cult controlled Parliament passing a bill that would ban marriage between psys and non-psys (not too subtle statement on gay marriage).  The cutsceen puts in context what Griffin and Fife were talking about after raiding the armory.

How many years did the Shadow War last?

CraigStern

I prefer to leave that particular factoid open for the time being, just in case I decide to revisit the period in a later game.

Zackirus

He already told us Smartypants; it's Rajav/Malis.

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Is the big vibra engine from the Forest Workshop suppose to be for a train or something?

CraigStern

You don't really want me to reveal that, do you? ;)

SmartyPants

Quote from: CraigStern on February 17, 2012, 03:20:43 PMYou don't really want me to reveal that, do you? ;)
I will take your word.

I think at one point you said you planned on having 15 orbs in TSoG.  Do you plan on adding more or stick with the ones you have?

CraigStern

There are three more in reserve that I might add to future updates, if I get the urge.

bugfartboy

Would one of them be the legendary void orb, that makes you completely untargetable by enemies, due to a mental bubble that disables parts of the brain, resulting in uncordination?