News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sythion

Iassume telepath tactics will be like TSoG in terms of payment? e.i. demo with the full game costing money?
Hunger is the best spice.

CraigStern

Yup, pretty much: there will be a free demo, and the full game will probably be about $10.

SmartyPants

Quote from: CraigSternI want this game to be full assed. Think about that for a second.
I looking forwarded to the full assed game!

CraigStern

bugfartboy

Has your name on Twitter always been "Plague Stern"?

CraigStern

Nope; I changed it for Halloween, and will be changing it back again afterward.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Plague SternGarrett the Impaler. Feel free to take a wild guess what character class he is.
Clearly, he is a psy healer

If Set wasn't a pacifist, then could he kill someone by using Solid State Shield?

Ertxiem

Quote from: SmartyPants on October 31, 2012, 03:39:41 PM
Quote from: Plague SternGarrett the Impaler. Feel free to take a wild guess what character class he is.
Clearly, he is a psy healer

If Set wasn't a pacifist, then could he kill someone by using Solid State Shield?

I see... cunning: creating a solid state shield inside an enemy. If the shape could be oblong or even straight like a stick, instead of spherical, it would explain why Garrett is named the Impaler.

Being less drastic, we could block an enemy with a few Solid State Shields around him and then push him over a cliff, assuming that we're stronger than our enemy. Or we could just suffocate someone by building a Solid State Shield around him.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

TheWanderingShadow

Why is it that flash games always seem to use vector animation instead of frame by frame animation? Does it cause a lot of lag, or is it just too much effort?
_   _   _   ___     ___     _   _    ___   |  |
\ \/  \/ / '| _  \  / / \ \  |  \| |  / /  _  |_|
\_/\_ /   |_|\'\  \ \ / /  |_\_ |  \ \_./   O

CraigStern

Quote from: SmartyPants on October 31, 2012, 03:39:41 PMIf Set wasn't a pacifist, then could he kill someone by using Solid State Shield?

In an if-this-was-real-life sense, and not in a supported-by-the-game-engine sense: yes. If the target was asleep, unarmed, or otherwise unable to break the shield in time, and Set managed to make it airtight, he could suffocate someone with one.

Quote from: TheWanderingShadow on November 03, 2012, 01:00:35 AM
Why is it that flash games always seem to use vector animation instead of frame by frame animation? Does it cause a lot of lag, or is it just too much effort?

Frame by frame animation is way, way more time-consuming (and difficult) to create than vector tween animations. Tweening is a way to get a game's animations made quickly and cheaply.

CraigStern

SmartyPants

Does that mean that constrained targeting only allows perpendicular attacks, while free targetting allows for diagonal attacks in addition to perpendicular attacks?

CraigStern

Yes. Constrained targeting is what all of the Telepath games have used so far; free targeting is a new feature.

bugfartboy

That seems interesting. I noticed the example of constrained targeting you used was bow(man/woman). Would I be wrong in deducting that bow(men/women) don't know how to aim diagonally?