News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Sorta.  What are the maximum and minimum value that can be stored?

CraigStern

Minimum of -2,147,483,648 and maximum of 2,147,483,647. (See here.)

bugfartboy

Are custom status effects still planned for the future?

-EDIT-
What is the likelihood of getting a modulo operation for SetVal/SetStat actions?

CraigStern

Right now I'm focusing on fixing a few final bugs and marketing stuff, but implementing custom status effects is definitely still a thing I would like to do. It might end up coming in a post-release patch, though.

bugfartboy

That's understandable. With the release date right around the corner, I wasn't expecting anything more than that.  But just so we're clear: modifying StatusEffects.xml is meant to have no effect on the game at present, correct?

CraigStern

Correct. At present, editing that file does nothing.

bugfartboy

Will custom status effects be able to teach attacks for their duration?

CraigStern

Hm. I hadn't thought about it. Maybe?

bugfartboy

I know you're having trouble making Steam installers for Mac OSX already, but are you planning on putting the Map Editor available for download through Steam as a free tool?

GrandHerb

When are the backer/alpha funding Steam keys coming?

CraigStern

Today! I sent out close to 500 of them yesterday--I'll send the rest in just a wee bit. :)

ArtDrake

There was talk of a possible hard mode after the beating the initial game. I'm already very much a fan of the project and will buy it as it stands, but I was wondering: (contingent upon this materializing) would it be a combination of numerical buffs and adding a few enemy abilities here and there, or would there be a little bit (since a little bit goes a long way; see NG+ in Defender's Quest) of extra lore content, or one or two extra microbranches in the story?

I'm sorry, the question is a little presumptuous.

CraigStern

I honestly don't know right now. Why not try modding in a Hard mode yourself? I bet you could do it! :)

bugfartboy

Are there actually any differences between the Shadowheart_F_* and Shadowheart_M_* sprites?

CraigStern

Nope; but if a character has its sex set to "Either", the game will go looking for sprite variants with _M and _F appended to them automatically, so they have to exist regardless.