News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

That's what I guessed, but I wasn't quite sure.  I'm facepalming now, because I was going through each individual Shadowheart file to make my changes.  Now I can double my productivity!

bugfartboy

I've been thinking: since a shadowling's color changes with age, does that mean any orange team is fighting with extremely young shadowlings?  Are there any moral ramifications for employing/enslaving/drafting a shadowling that hasn't even matured to the point of shifting red?  I know that yellow and orange are merely fan-speculated colors at this point, but I'm curious what the Developer has to say about the subject.

CraigStern

Shadowling age-color is something that I am conveniently ignoring in Telepath Tactics, as coloration is needed to denote the army to which characters belong instead. ;)

bugfartboy

What are shadowlings actually made of?  Do they have a crunchy exoskeleton keeping their mysterious innards safe from harm, or are they simply floating balls of sentient smoke and miasma?  Are they kept aloft through telekinesis, or are other forces at work in their ability to float?  Are their hands independent creatures that shadowlings have learned to telepathically control over the generations?  I can't even imagine what the other possibilities would be.

CraigStern

These are the sorts of questions I prefer to leave unanswered until narrative convenience requires. ;)

bugfartboy

Do you have an official position on Valve and Bethesda's implementation of paid mods on the Skyrim Steam Workshop?

CraigStern

I suppose it's their business if they want to offer that. Personally, though, I'm uncomfortable with the thought of paid mods coming to Telepath Tactics without me having the power to accept or reject them. (The Telepath Tactics EULA actually explicitly forbids people from selling their mods unless they talk to me beforehand!)

bugfartboy

--you can now use ID tags with the RecruitChar and DismissChar actions--this makes it so you don't have to know the assigned name for a "random" character in advance prior to recruiting them.
Is the ability to spawn characters directly from CharClasses.xml onto a map via ID tag in the works, or is that still off in maybe-land?

CraigStern

The latter--but you can currently spawn characters by class name if their normal name is set to none or random, if that helps.

bugfartboy

That definitely helps.  My other question is this: would I be wrong in assuming that as long as Deployment Mode is set to false, the game will fill FromPlayerRoster locations based on both the order the locations were marked on the map and the order characters were added to the roster?

CraigStern

Nope; that is precisely how it works. ;)

bugfartboy

Quote from: /u/Hytheter at http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/32uj8t/telepath_tactics_release_trailer_inspired_by_fire/cqfe7on
Needs more animations for the sprites. A "hit" animation for units when hit by an attack would do wonders for the feel impact of the game, and a simple idle animation couldn't hurt. It looks dumb how they just stand there totally still, especially while being stabbed in the back or blown up or forcibly moved around etc.
Although I believe how the game is now works fairly well, how likely is it that functionality for further animation will be added into the game, e.g. "hit" and "rest" animations?

CraigStern

Unless the game suddenly makes a lot of money that would pay for them: zero.

bugfartboy

I'm disappointed in myself for not catching this sooner, but is the continent of "Cera Bella" named such because it sounds like "Cerebellum"?

CraigStern